December 15, 2019, 04:02:40 PM

Author Topic: [News]Moshiri backs bumbling Koeman  (Read 10855 times)

October 03, 2017, 02:03:34 AM
Read 10855 times

Lxxx

Proper small time aren't we. Our 'ambitious' owner moans about mental fatigue at the start of October caused by too many European games.

Just when you thought we'd struck it lucky for once.

Totally ambivalent towards us at the minute if I'm honest. Watched us bumble through at weekend and it all felt a bit meh. Then another episode of the Moshiri and Jim White saga today.

Bollocks.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 02:33:51 AM by Lxxx »

October 03, 2017, 08:25:21 PM
Reply #1

Lxxx

Come the end of October we could well be out of Europe, out of the Carabao Cup and in the relegation zone. I would imagine he will be gone at that point if so.

I think there is a very strong possibility this may be the case.

October 03, 2017, 10:37:44 PM
Reply #2

Lxxx

Southampton in PL:

2012-13: 41 pts
2013-14: 56 pts
2014-15: 60 pts............Koeman*
2015-16: 63 pts............Koeman*
2016-17: 46 pts

*You've got to give credit to the manager!

Fair enough. I'm more concerned about the here and now though. Granted he steadied a rocky ship last season but this season the wheels seem to have fallen off and a lot of it seems to be of his own making. Frustrating to watch as we all had high hopes but his insistence on playing a system that doesn't work is proving his undoing.

October 04, 2017, 05:46:47 PM
Reply #3

Lxxx

Cannot help the cost of players

People on this forum think that Sigurdsson is not worth 45m

Koeman may well have thought that, too

Keane's form, so far, has been underwhelming - his own doing or Koeman's?

I'd be very surprised if any other Southampton manager overhauls Koeman's two PL seasons there - especially in succession

But his career has always peaked and troughed. Success in Holland followed by failure at a high profile and demanding club in Valencia. Success for Southampton followed by challenging times at a higher profile and demanding club in Everton.
His two peaks at Soton coincided with our lows under Martinez, he'd have finished under us if we'd reverted to our average form and league positions.
The point is he was never a serious upgrade for where we wanted to be. He was a big named stopgap who was probably only ever going to consolidate 7th for us and no more really. He's not innovative or charismatic or loyal, all of which were known before his appointment.

In my opinion he was a vanity appointment by an owner who wanted to make a statement by appointing an ex-legend of the game, without doing serious due diligence on whether he was the right fit for the foreseeable future.

October 09, 2017, 03:19:25 PM
Reply #4

Lxxx

I just think if he's not going to be getting minutes at a senior level then he's really better suited to a loan move away in January. We'll be out of the Carabou Cup shortly, probably out of Europe too if things carry on so the available minutes will have diminished somewhat. He's got talent and he needs games to progress and if he's not getting it here then for his development he needs to be playing every week.

October 09, 2017, 03:54:37 PM
Reply #5

Lxxx

Call me mad but I wouldn't write us off in the Carabao cup just yet, if we really do get our act together during this break and if Koeman gets a game plan together (that's the biggest if) then we could nick it. Morata and Kante both out, they play Roma away 6 days later after a Saturday game in the PL, Conte will certainly prioritise the PL and CL over the Caraboa Cup and might not risk Batushey picking up a knock, probably wishful thinking but we can but hope.

Their second string have more fire in their belly than our first team. Sad but true. They will be first to every 50/50, they'll know what to do with the ball when they get it and they'll actually try and score a goal instead of playing a safe ball.

October 10, 2017, 04:44:51 PM
Reply #6

Lxxx

As with Niasse he's probably best utilised from the bench, however that isn't going to aid his development. He's not yet good enough to start games in the Premier League so a loan move to a promising Championship club is about his level at the moment. It was a big ask to jump from League One to Premier League.