November 18, 2019, 07:02:58 AM

Author Topic: January Targets  (Read 104302 times)

December 02, 2017, 07:20:10 PM
Read 104302 times

sam of the south

So we need a CB, LB, passing DM and CF. I’d also say we need to grab a winger too.

Ideally, and realistically, who do you go for?

Haha, I said we needed that even when everyone was spunking about our early recruitment in the summer window.

A bit will depend on how Bolasie progresses in training I expect, and how much Allardyce rates Lookman, Vlasic, Keane, Holgate, Sandro, DCL, Klaassen, and Schneiderlin, and if he can persuade Barkley to stay.

If Bolasie does spring on, and he can get sufficient performances out of Lookman, Vlasic, and Lennon then we will look pretty good in the winger department, and if he gets Barkley to commit and over his injury, he will literally be like a new signing 😏 and Klaassen won't be so much of an issue.

A striker, a top CB, a better DM than Schneiderlin, and a decent LB will make us 100% better.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

December 11, 2017, 06:11:26 AM
Reply #1

sam of the south

DM Dendoncker
ST Aubameyang
LB Chilwell
CB Gibson
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

December 15, 2017, 03:49:03 PM
Reply #2

sam of the south

Throw the cheque book at Wilf Zaha.

Haha, shortening it to Wilf makes him sound like some old bloke at a bus stop
Henry David Thoreau

December 23, 2017, 05:18:31 AM
Reply #3

sam of the south

And Dixie.

Only joking ;)
Henry David Thoreau

December 24, 2017, 04:00:47 AM
Reply #4

sam of the south

Cracking player. Think most judged him on his odd face than his actual performances. Ball playing centre half and 90% on here claimed he was a clogger

Pretty good turn of pace, too, and likes his forays out of defence with the ball and protects it well when he does.

I wanted both him and Keane, or him and Gibson.
Henry David Thoreau

December 24, 2017, 06:27:11 AM
Reply #5

sam of the south

Erm, got a bit bored and dismantled my Corby Trouser Press.

Not really, that was Alan Partridge.

I decided to come up with two Everton XI's, convert Besic into a left-back, because he's got pace and likes a 'tackle', and then wondered which side would win if all were fit and playing with some confidence.

What do you reckon?

(Didn't know where else to put it, but was certain it didn't deserve its own thread)

Pickford
           Kenny Holgate Keane Besic
                         Schneiderlin
                     Vlasic Sigurdsson
              Bolasie Sandro Lookman

Niasse Calvert-Lewin
                           Klaassen
                      Rooney Davies
                              Gana
       Baines Williams Jagielka Coleman
                             Robles

Henry David Thoreau

December 24, 2017, 06:50:49 AM
Reply #6

sam of the south

I reckon you need to get out pal. Play some scrabble (nudge nudge) Do some rhymes and that
Braaaaap braaaaaap

Leave @brap2 out of this, James 😁

I've been daddying for five days solid now, too many kids films 😩

Anyway, who'd you think would win, Jimmy?
Henry David Thoreau

January 02, 2018, 02:17:16 AM
Reply #7

sam of the south

Yeah I just think enough of them have been good PL players that they’re at least as good as most other options outside of top 6.

I don’t see that re forwards.

Even Bolasie is poor re stats in his career

Yeah, we need players with more produc-chivitee.

I wonder if there are any floating about in the £25m-£45m range?
Henry David Thoreau

January 03, 2018, 03:44:59 AM
Reply #8

sam of the south

£££

He would pick-up more cash at United and be in a better side
Henry David Thoreau

January 07, 2018, 07:00:23 AM
Reply #9

sam of the south

If we did this business in January and the summer, I think we'd have a couple of potentially decent sides (I like Mawson btw)

Buy:
Tosun
Shaw
Walcott
Doucoure
Mawson

Sell/Release:
Barkley
Mirallas
Klaassen
Niasse
Funes Mori
Schneiderlin
Stekelenburg
Sandro
Williams
McCarthy
Besic
Martina

Pickford
         Coleman Holgate Mawson Shaw
             Vlasic Doucoure Sigurdsson
                Walcott Tosun Bolasie

Onyekuru DCL Lookman
                 Rooney Gana Davies
          Baines Jagielka Keane Kenny
                           Robles

Henry David Thoreau

January 09, 2018, 05:18:22 PM
Reply #10

sam of the south

I'm sure we'd have to get rid of a few midfielders for that to happen. Sam has already said we have too many of them to start with.

Here's hoping 🤞🏼
Henry David Thoreau

January 15, 2018, 04:50:14 PM
Reply #11

sam of the south

Would any of our players get into an XI made up of players outside the top 6? There's our problem. We are very average everywhere

Blimey, that's a scary question that I don't really wish to ponder!
Henry David Thoreau

January 18, 2018, 04:56:13 PM
Reply #12

sam of the south

Everton have enquired about Jason McCarthy at Barnsley.

He is a left back

Wiki and Transfermarkt say he is either a CB or RB
Henry David Thoreau

January 20, 2018, 08:23:10 PM
Reply #13

sam of the south

Haha...I sense a new record for shortest time in receiving a red card. I can hear the call now, '...there seems to be some commotion in the tunnel'.

Haha Yeah, wrong code, @Brownie20 lad
Henry David Thoreau

January 21, 2018, 02:37:04 AM
Reply #14

sam of the south

I can play it all buddy - Union, League, Footy, Cricket. Let's get it on

My god, I've never wanted you more!  nod  :hug: 🍆
Henry David Thoreau