May 21, 2019, 12:19:57 PM

Author Topic: January Targets  (Read 93945 times)

December 02, 2017, 07:40:15 PM
Read 93945 times

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Walshy has to deliver the goods here
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 02, 2017, 07:53:57 PM
Reply #1

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We need a technical 9
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 03, 2017, 01:39:52 AM
Reply #2

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Canít say Iíve watched him since he was getting rave reviews last year, but itís gone wrong for him there now it sounds like. Something about like going on holiday or something.

Think Iíd need to look him up a bit more to know where heíd be playing but I think he would definitely be playing so for me a no brainer.

December 03, 2017, 08:58:31 PM
Reply #3

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Just like playing football Manager this shite . I hope he just gets told to get on with what he has till the summer . Don't want to see someone come in now and block Kenny , DCL , Benni or Lookman . I want to know if he can get improvement out of Klassen , Schneiderlin and Sandro once he has settled the defence and put a stop to the headless chicken displays . He has an 18 month contract and I don't think we need to inflate the squad with players who won't be arsed once we have got about 40 points .If the signs are positive then wait till the summer as the reason for the appointment was to stop us going down not that it was happening anyway .

Crackers.

December 04, 2017, 01:18:14 AM
Reply #4

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Heís world class forget about it

December 04, 2017, 04:16:11 AM
Reply #5

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
No he is a panic appointment and was not anywhere near first choice . He has an 18month contract and if Silva became available then Allardyce will be gone . It would actually make business sense and it is something he has actually got use to over the years . He isn't here to stay or that contract would have been longer and I would have no problem letting him splash a bit of Mo's cash . If you consider Koeman had to clear out those he didn't want and Allardyce might well have to do the same then why let him spend shedloads ? And just incase you can't read I said wait till the summer and lets see what he can get out of the existing squad . Hardly crackers is it ?

Totally crackers.

19 year old up front two 40 year old CBís, a double fracture at RB with a 19 year old filling in and Cuco Martina at left back for the foreseeable.

Do you not like Everton? Do you not want them to do well?

December 04, 2017, 04:28:47 PM
Reply #6

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Totally crackers.

19 year old up front two 40 year old CBís, a double fracture at RB with a 19 year old filling in and Cuco Martina at left back for the foreseeable.

Do you not like Everton? Do you not want them to do well?

You can't read can you and exaggeration makes you look crackers . First and foremost he was brought in to keep us up . I want this season behind us and to make rational decisions in the summer . He can get loans in to cover for the positions that need strengthening . Comprende ? Wakarimas ? Get it ? Verste ? Razumijete ?

Tapped my mate

December 05, 2017, 08:05:08 PM
Reply #7

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Could see van aanholt deffo. Better than cuco i suppose.

Would bite your hand off for nzonzi but donít see it.

December 06, 2017, 12:58:42 AM
Reply #8

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Thatís a few different managers that have preferred a player for an insignificant skill set for a defender then!

Chilwell looks good on the ball but Iím assuming that they have question marks over his defending (which isnít a great surprise for his age).

None of Chilwell, Cresswell, Robertson or Shaw have put a season in anywhere close to peak-Baines, but he was a top 5 LB in Europe at his peak so that is understandable tbh.

I think Cresswell is the one I prefer as his passing and crossing can be really good. Heard poor reviews though.

December 06, 2017, 01:01:06 AM
Reply #9

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
A gang of expensive, post-peak players should sort the club right out.

Nzonzi has 4 years left in him.

Giroud will be better than DCL for another 3 years easily.

Walcott should have another 3 years in him depending on injuries.

I get your point but itís an easy out when I think those three would be outstanding January signings. We get anywhere near a jan like that and we should be ecstatic.

December 08, 2017, 03:25:40 PM
Reply #10

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The only problem I see there is a noticeable lack of goals from a wide position.

We've predominantly played some sort of 4-3-3 this season so you'd hope to see more goals from Lennon/Mirallas/Bolasie etc going forward

We are in the era of the goalscoring wide forward for sure and are currently lagging behind badly. If only Mirallas has stepped up a few years ago instead of looking like his arse went unfortunately.

Need a Sterling / Sane / Hazard / Willian / Rashford / Salah / Mane type asap - Promes, Berardi, Zaha, Sisto - pace, ability to commit a man, can come inside or out, and finally coach those back toast poacher runs ala Pep with Sterling.

December 08, 2017, 06:32:16 PM
Reply #11

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Vlasic and Lookman say hi !

And Henry and Bolassie and all, but remains to be seen who can and will make it.

Fact is, our starting wingers are probably still Lennon and an out of position Sig.

December 11, 2017, 05:57:49 AM
Reply #12

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Would love us to get Delph

To play where?

December 15, 2017, 03:33:12 PM
Reply #13

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Throw the cheque book at Wilf Zaha.

December 15, 2017, 04:10:37 PM
Reply #14

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Quality player. Think we'd be talking 50m minimum in this crazy market though. Sort of player who should have been the target in the summer instead of pissing around with slow 10s

Would pay that without hesitation.