December 16, 2019, 01:26:11 AM

Author Topic: Firmino/Holgate incident  (Read 28000 times)

January 07, 2018, 07:45:21 PM
Read 28000 times

School of Science

I've seen the first 'Holgate should be sued for bringing the name of their great club into disrepute.' They do that enough themselves

Wheat is the least we could do as grateful neighbours, is perhaps we print the t-shirts...
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

January 09, 2018, 04:57:32 PM
Reply #1

School of Science

I suppose its dealing with facts, like it or not what Holgate did was dangerous and out of order, he should be banned and if it was another team against us you'd expect that. There have been numerous professional lip readers state Frimino didnt say anything racist, and in a land of being innocent until proven guilty it wouldnt be that great to report on what apparently hasn't been said.
I dont necessarily think its belittling us, its merely stating the facts as they stand, if Frimino is found guilty id expect them to go to town on him

Couldn't what Samuels said and what's come out of the Daily Mirror, lip reading as such, influence the hearing ? So if they have opinions or supposed evidence, shouldn't this be brought up afterwards. To be objective I suppose Collymore's 10 match ban statement as well.

January 09, 2018, 06:40:54 PM
Reply #2

School of Science

What does lallana do?

Collapse like a deck of cards to win a Penalty.

January 11, 2018, 03:47:07 AM
Reply #3

School of Science

Liverpool fans playing a dangerous game throwing this kind of shit around though, I mean first they trailed through the Twitter accounts of Andre Grey, because he had the absolute temerity to score past them. Then they trailed through the Twitter accounts of Mason Holgate, because he had the temerity to accuse one of their own of racism. They had to go back until he was 15 years old, still a kid,  to him having some banter with one of his mates, now he was wrong no one is saying he wasn't, but this kind of snooping thing is doing Liverpool fans no favours at all.
They are as fans coming across as incredibly bitter and whose to say all their players are Crystal clean ? Fans have long memories and what they do to others could easily happen to them. Any true liverpool fan would be disgusted with their behaviour, red mate in work today is fuming about it and mentioned both of them incidents, also the Suarez t-shirt thing as well.

January 12, 2018, 03:18:00 AM
Reply #4

School of Science

:clap: loo
Guess who else wrote a homophobic tweet back in 2012

Redshite defender Andrew Robertson

Oh dear

As i said dangerous game the redshite fans are playing. Good spot young man  :thumbsup:

January 12, 2018, 03:29:23 AM
Reply #5

School of Science

We really are becoming a sanctimonious self righteous society and it's very sad that the mistakes we make as children are being used against us in later life. I grew up in the early eighties and can remember some of the horrendous racists song all the kids used to sing in primary school, thing was we didn't have a clue what the meaning of those songs were or why they were sung - we were naive kids ffs.

So right I'm glad i grew up in the sixties, seventies and eighties,we might not have been right or politically correct but we sure had a lot of fun.

January 12, 2018, 03:40:47 AM
Reply #6

School of Science

Yeah, The Echo, The Mirror, and the BBC will be gutted

Why Sam they probably won't report it. Really though and i know it's a shitty thing to do, it must be reported, because if the FA can prosecute Andre Grey and possibly Holgate, then Robertson must get the same treatment. Must say I'm very surprised those crusading reds fans did not spot this homophobic act as well  ::)

January 13, 2018, 12:15:36 AM
Reply #7

School of Science

Fortunately we live in a world where minorities and misfits are stood up and counted for these days.

I think that probably makes it worth living in a Politically Correct world.

Not apologising for enjoying my life son, just believe in live and let live that's all.

January 13, 2018, 02:05:34 AM
Reply #8

School of Science

To be fair, society is more accepting of that motto now than it ever has been in my opinion.

I like you though so don't want this to turn into anything ugly!

This has nothing to do with left or right. It's just the tribalism nature of football, I think most can see the comments from Holgate and Robertson aren't really malicious. God knows what I was posting on social media 10 years ago!

Not in the mood to fight you over it, I'd definitely lose, but it seems to me almost everything you say nowadays can be misconstrued. Hate this Facebook, twitter thing where people can be insulted, bullied and ganged up on just because one person doesn't like it and can use it against you for likes to try and make the sad Bastard look / popular. People nowadays seem a lot less tolerant and patient with each other in these times, awful the amount of relationships that break up, leaving one parent families it's a living timebomb for the future. Think I've rambled on to long here.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 02:06:47 AM by School of Science »

February 22, 2018, 02:04:47 AM
Reply #9

School of Science

Probably the best outcome for both clubs and both players involved in my humble opinion, should be put to bed by both sets of fans and forgotten. Both players fully vindicated for their actions after a thorough lengthy investigation.

March 07, 2018, 06:12:41 PM
Reply #10

School of Science

Also Mason Holgate's homophobic tweets from when he was 15, have been dropped according to the Echo. Not defending this in any way, but young people make mistakes and should be educated not prosecuted in my view. Looks like Liverpool fans will have to dig deeper to get a ban for Mason.