April 24, 2019, 09:12:17 PM

Author Topic: Man Utd target 50m Everton ace  (Read 7173 times)

February 04, 2018, 04:22:42 PM
Read 7173 times

Martip

Snap their fucking hands off the lad is shot to bits . Rob Green MK II . He was flapping like a fucking seagull everytime the ball came near him , feet planted , arms waving just hoping he could throw himself in the same direction as the ball . Robles would have been hanging in the Gladwys St by now and we knew he needed replacing .

The only reason he gets a 2nd chance is we can't defend but fuck me he has conceded a shit load in his short career . To me he is now like a boxer who has been found to have a weak chin . Pope for arguments sake has came into a team that can defend and his confidence is sky high . Pickford has played for us and Sunderland and is shell shocked .
I don't think he's been good at all and people massively overate his ability imo.

February 04, 2018, 05:05:21 PM
Reply #1

Martip

Goals concerned isn't always an indictment of a keeper, plenty of shite keepers have a low goals concerned ratio when playing with a solid defence in front of them.

He's a young keeper, not the finished article but considering his age he's extremely talented.  I used to be a keeper, I can spot a good or bad keeper regardless of the amount of goals they're conceding... Trust me he's very good with a few areas he'll iron out over the next few years.
I hope you are right but I have to be honest I don't see it. I remember ddg first season at utd when he was making mistakes due to poor judgement....you could still see he was a great shot stopper but I don't see it with pickford. I'm also not convinced at his ability to keep out long shots as was shown again yesterday....i think we 've been had at 30m.

February 04, 2018, 11:55:22 PM
Reply #2

Martip

He's young yes and may well go on to be a fantastic player but i 've seen nothing YET to justify how highly rated he is by some of our fans.

Truth is SO FAR he's not a massive upgrade on Robles although will hopefully be a better bet long term.

February 05, 2018, 03:13:37 AM
Reply #3

Martip

No hes not the best keeper we've had, yet. Hes still young, theres no denying that he is a top keeper and will improve as he gets older, hes already Englands number one. Rob Green was an abomination of a keeper
This is the thing I can't see he is a top keeper yet as he's not done anywhere near enough to justify that tag and he's not better than butland so not England's no1 yet imo.

February 05, 2018, 04:55:30 AM
Reply #4

Martip

You've obviously not watched much of Butland this season. A shadow of his pre-injury self.
t
I have not to be fair....has he dipped that much as he brilliant in the lead up to his england callup ?