May 27, 2019, 02:07:42 PM

Author Topic: Ellis Simms  (Read 11107 times)

April 15, 2019, 06:08:03 PM
Reply #75

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Neither was DCL two years ago and some would argue, still not

Is Lookman ready yet?

How many goals did they get at U23 level and how many miles are they ahead of Simms?

The both played actual professional football.

Lookman had two years in the championship and League one. Calvert-Lewin two years at Northampton and Sheffield United, as well as impressing at Under 23 level here, hence his quick call up to the first team.

Could be argued he was miles off the standard when he did break through as well.

The fact we're letting Sambou go on a free tells you how seriously we take scoring at that level.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

April 15, 2019, 06:12:33 PM
Reply #76

Gash

Global Moderator
Yeah - sell him!

No one's saying that.

He's a decent record in the U18's at a goal every 54 minutes but for the U23's not scored in 135 minutes which proves even moving up that level is a big difference yet you're saying he'll be a regular next season. Even moving up to U23's or going to League One on loan will be a big step for a lad who's only just turned 18, never mind playing in the Premier League.

You can't really compare him to Lookman and DCL either, Lookman already played 40 odd Championship and League One games before we bought him yet even he doesn't look ready to play regularly in the Premier League. DCL had played regularly in League One and Two and came and played U23's before stepping up the Premier League. I don't see how you think Simms can be ready when you think Lookman and DCL aren't.

April 15, 2019, 08:58:17 PM
Reply #77

gizzblue

31 goals in 20 matches - you're right, he needs to be banging them in left, right and centre

I actually meant in the under 23s mate ....with us needing goals the powers that be would have him in now if they thought he could handle it .
Born not made a blue .

April 15, 2019, 09:07:38 PM
Reply #78

BlueForYou

Fair comment - but give Simms another 54 minutes in the U23's, should be enough time for him to score

And Sandro had already played actual professional football for Barcelona as a teenager

Can't trust those Spanish leagues!
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

April 15, 2019, 09:41:45 PM
Reply #79

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
K
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

April 15, 2019, 09:44:25 PM
Reply #80

BlueForYou

Que?
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

April 15, 2019, 09:59:47 PM
Reply #81

Toddacelli

Potassium

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

April 15, 2019, 10:31:14 PM
Reply #82

BlueForYou

Bananas

Harry Catterick

April 28, 2019, 07:05:25 PM
Reply #83

BlueForYou

Another goal in U18's 5-4 win away at Utd

All eyes on him next season for U23's

Harry Catterick

May 10, 2019, 01:18:30 AM
Reply #84

mikey_blue

May 10, 2019, 06:11:27 PM
Reply #85

BlueForYou

U18's Player of the Season

Harry Catterick

May 10, 2019, 06:58:39 PM
Reply #86

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I'll put my neck on the line and say this lad doesn't play double figures for Everton
Simply simply lovely

May 10, 2019, 07:10:55 PM
Reply #87

Macca77

I'll put my neck on the line and say this lad doesn't play double figures for Everton

Careful now, you might upset the over hyper's on here

May 10, 2019, 07:11:09 PM
Reply #88

Shogun

Administrator

Triple figures it is.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

May 14, 2019, 12:05:10 AM
Reply #89

BlueForYou

In the England U18's squad

Harry Catterick