November 21, 2019, 02:31:10 AM

Author Topic: Dcl  (Read 10400 times)

April 14, 2019, 09:37:34 PM
Reply #135

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Why bother comparing him to a seasoned international? Stinks of “I told you so” and general lack of anything meaningful whatsoever.

It’s not often he’s compared to other players of his age group. I wonder why that is.

Just showing what are massive short comings in his game.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

April 14, 2019, 10:01:33 PM
Reply #136

KoemansNumberTens

Haha ok mate, I’ll bite since you spent time copy/pasting your usual OTT claptrap.

He’s obviously good enough to get starts in the prem, you just choose to say that you miss those games though. It’s if he’s ready to start each game for a Europe chasing club is what people are  discussing.

Tbf if you’re starting every game up top at 21 you’re Dybala standard, but you seem to think (literally judging by the stuff you post) if a kid isn’t Dybala standard they’re trash and would struggle in the Championship. You’ve also said he would end up at a crap Championship side.

Seems to be a theme to all of your posts.

He's not good enough at this level. He doesn't score enough goals. Doesn't play well enough often enough. Most sides in this league have at least 1 better forward. I watched him against arsenal. He was very good. Bit of a worry he doesn't carry much of a goal threat in his best game though.
Playing well now and again doesn't make him good enough.

April 14, 2019, 10:06:54 PM
Reply #137

KoemansNumberTens

Mate, come on.

He’s been a first team player for over two years now. He’s clearly good enough to play at this level.

Is he? He's good enough for minutes here and there. I'm not sure he's a better player currently than what Fulham, Bournemouth or Burnley have. He's a weak link at this level. He's done well but he's still the first 1 that needs replacing

April 15, 2019, 12:12:45 AM
Reply #138

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
The comparison to Tosun above.

Again, your comparison to Mitro is ridiculously flawed - he’s two years older with a wealth of experience. Previously used as a battering ram at Newcastle.

People acting like he’s bursting into the scene scoring a hatful of goals. He has been fronting some abysmal numbers for years - but has been allowed time to develop and is now playing like an actual centre forward and scoring and okay-ish amount of goals.

I’m not actually sure what people expect from a 21-22 year old striker tbh. It’s certainly not very realistic for the most part.

Quite honesty, what I expect is for us not to be playing a 21-22 year old striker every week because of course they’re not going to be reliable unless perhaps you have a Rooney level talent.

If our aim is to compete at the higher levels we should have someone with a “wealth of experience” leading the line for the most part. There will still be plenty of opportunities for DCL.

April 15, 2019, 01:50:45 AM
Reply #139

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Quite honesty, what I expect is for us not to be playing a 21-22 year old striker every week because of course they’re not going to be reliable unless perhaps you have a Rooney level talent.

If our aim is to compete at the higher levels we should have someone with a “wealth of experience” leading the line for the most part. There will still be plenty of opportunities for DCL.

I’ve said many times that if we don’t sign a striker in the summer we’ve let ourselves down and also let DCL down in his development. He simply cannot be expected to play this much. He’s a kid learning how to play in the premiere league.

That doesn’t mean that he isn’t capable of laying down minutes in the PL.

April 15, 2019, 01:51:21 AM
Reply #140

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Just showing what are massive short comings in his game.

Absolutely no legs in this argument. To be honest I find it rather trite.

April 15, 2019, 02:40:02 AM
Reply #141

Ross

Give it a rest. No-one is in his back. Most of us appreciate him, what he brings and what he could be whilst also realising if we are to kick on we need another striker at least as good and talented but whom is more likely to trouble the keeper on a more regular basis.

You think we’re a supportive fan base for young players?

Of course we could improve on him but that’ll take a decent wedge but really there’s not an area of the squad we couldn’t improve with a decent wedge is there?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

April 15, 2019, 02:46:54 AM
Reply #142

KoemansNumberTens

Of course we could improve on him but that’ll take a decent wedge but really there’s not an area of the squad we couldn’t improve with a decent wedge is there?

Surely as it stands a starting striker is comfortably our most important potential new signing. Of course we can improve in every position

Is it even a debate that he’s the weakest of our starting 11. That’s not an insult. He’s only a kid but he’s not ready to be relied upon at premier league level never mind for an apparently ambitious team.

April 15, 2019, 02:57:09 AM
Reply #143

Ross

Surely as it stands a starting striker is comfortably our most important potential new signing. Of course we can improve in every position

Is it even a debate that he’s the weakest of our starting 11. That’s not an insult. He’s only a kid but he’s not ready to be relied upon at premier league level never mind for an apparently ambitious team.

Not as it seems Silva/Brands see Richarlison as a future central striker no. I can see us going for another wide forward before a central striker personally.

But for me the priority would be a box to box midfielder if the plan is to go 433.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

April 15, 2019, 03:01:54 AM
Reply #144

Juanito

I think we as a fan base would be more supportive of him if he came on for the last 20 minutes of games to run at tired legs etc when our 20 goal a season man has bagged a brace. I think he will he really good but can only think of Cardiff and Huddersfield who would put him in as first choice at this level. Outstanding against Arsenal and I’m sure great at under 21 and championship level but needs a bit more help and not fair on him to get the blame for defeats like this.

April 16, 2019, 07:05:59 AM
Reply #145

Dunnaz

He's not good enough at this level. He doesn't score enough goals. Doesn't play well enough often enough. Most sides in this league have at least 1 better forward. I watched him against arsenal. He was very good. Bit of a worry he doesn't carry much of a goal threat in his best game though.
Playing well now and again doesn't make him good enough.
You’d have flogged Christiano Ronaldo off at the first opportunity though. Your pessimism on many players is grating.

We probably won’t get a much better striker than DCL even if we try to. It’s not easy to get the sort of player you are talking about, especially on our budget where we need project players.  I also don’t think it’s true that we are pretty much the only club without someone of the required level up top.

April 17, 2019, 01:31:34 AM
Reply #146

KoemansNumberTens

You’d have flogged Christiano Ronaldo off at the first opportunity though. Your pessimism on many players is grating.

We probably won’t get a much better striker than DCL even if we try to. It’s not easy to get the sort of player you are talking about, especially on our budget where we need project players.  I also don’t think it’s true that we are pretty much the only club without someone of the required level up top.

Most teams in the league have a better player than DCL already. If we genuinely can’t do better than DCL current level then we are in real trouble in terms of using the transfer market

Are you comparing him to a young ronaldo?

April 17, 2019, 04:14:34 AM
Reply #147

Dunnaz

Most teams in the league have a better player than DCL already. If we genuinely can't do better than DCL current level then we are in real trouble in terms of using the transfer market

Are you comparing him to a young ronaldo?
I’m not but if they’re not the complete product then they’re not good enough for a number of posters on here. The common refrain is they’re “not good enough for where we want to be.”

We can’t afford to buy the sort of players those posters want because fans want to be vying for the top of the league. The only way to get there is to utilise project players and our limited resources and hope we hit the jackpot a couple of times in a row.

And finding a well rounded striker who scores goals, creates, holds the ball up and can defend from the front isn’t easy to find. If it was we’d have one already. Whoever we get will have limitations and fans on here will bitch and moan about those shortcomings.

April 17, 2019, 04:19:19 AM
Reply #148

KoemansNumberTens

I’m not but if they’re not the complete product then they’re not good enough for a number of posters on here. The common refrain is they’re “not good enough for where we want to be.”

We can’t afford to buy the sort of players those posters want because fans want to be vying for the top of the league. The only way to get there is to utilise project players and our limited resources and hope we hit the jackpot a couple of times in a row.

And finding a well rounded striker who scores goals, creates, holds the ball up and can defend from the front isn’t easy to find. If it was we’d have one already. Whoever we get will have limitations and fans on here will bitch and moan about those shortcomings.

It’s not that he’s not currently good enough for the top 6. It’s that Bournemouth Fulham West Ham Watford etc all have better strikers

April 17, 2019, 05:08:19 AM
Reply #149

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
It’s not that he’s not currently good enough for the top 6. It’s that Bournemouth Fulham West Ham Watford etc all have better strikers

All players in their mid to late twenties.

Oh and I’m having him over Troy deeney any fucking day.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown