May 27, 2019, 02:52:45 PM

Author Topic: [News]The emerging talent of Dominic Calvert-Lewin  (Read 6378 times)

April 09, 2019, 04:38:47 AM
Reply #135

Paddockoldie

I think this season will have been a major learning curve for him and next season he'll kick on. He now feels the position is his to own if he does. The best is yet to come

April 11, 2019, 12:12:28 AM
Reply #136

dchans

Out of interest what would you say his present resale value is, especially given that the Shite somehow flogged the fuckwomble Solankie for £17m?

£30m?
Fancy your own online, part time business?  Just PM me for more details...

April 11, 2019, 01:24:36 AM
Reply #137

Evertonian in NC

I'd say more in the 40-50m range.  A young striker is a young striker, and there's no huge wage bill attached.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

April 11, 2019, 01:36:45 AM
Reply #138

Outworlder47

Out of interest what would you say his present resale value is, especially given that the Shite somehow flogged the fuckwomble Solankie for £17m?

£30m?

Calvert-Lewin is 6 months older than Solanke, so we'll keep that in mind, but their physical peaks should be roughly coincident.

2015/16: In his age 18/19 season on loan from Chelsea at Vitesse, Solanke scored 7 and assisted 1 in 26 first-team appearances. Calvert-Lewin spent the first half of the season on loan at Northampton in League Two, and bagged 8 goals plus 1 assist in 26 appearances; after a January recall, he appeared 9 times for Sheffield United without scoring. Advantage: Solanke, due to difference in leagues, but not by too much.

2016/17: Solanke was on the bench for Chelsea 3 times, once in the league and twice in the league cup. Calvert-Lewin came to Everton, and made the 11 appearances around the ankle injury, scoring his first goal against Hull. Advantage: Calvert-Lewin, in getting meaningful time for a PL side.

2017/18: Solanke moved on a free, makes 27 appearances (6 starts) in all comps, gets 1 assist and 1 goal (that on the final day of the season). Calvert-Lewin makes 44 appearances (24 starts) in all comps, with 8 goals and 7 assists total. Advantage: Calvert-Lewin, again.

2018/19: Solanke doesn't appear at all before the new year and is flogged for 17M, having since made 7 appearances with 1 assist for Bournemouth. Calvert-Lewin has 8 goals plus 2 assists in 34 total appearances. Advantage: Calvert-Lewin, and it's not even close.

Internationally, Solanke does have a longer track record with the England youth sides, which I'll mostly attribute to being in Chelsea's academy. He's got that lone senior cap, which was a very odd decision. And he's been a slightly superior goalscorer and U20 and U21 levels.

Solanke went for 17M+ (granted, in the winter window) after not having made any first-team appearances in 6 months. James Maddison went for ~22M coming from the Championship, and Mitrovic went to Fulham for 18M.  Calvert-Lewin will have nearly 100 Everton appearances and hopefully 20 total goals by the end of this season. I'd say he'd be upwards of 30M, given age+goalscoring record in PL+English player premium.

Pay attention to Che Adams and Tammy Abraham this summer. Their valuations ought to give an idea of DCL's--his should be higher.

April 11, 2019, 01:38:24 AM
Reply #139

Bluedylan

We should be looking at Abraham.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

April 11, 2019, 02:03:03 AM
Reply #140

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

April 11, 2019, 04:06:59 AM
Reply #141

stirlingblue

Seb Haller

Canít see Frankfurt letting both him and Jovic go in the same summer, and the big boys are sniffing around Jovic