November 19, 2017, 11:44:59 PM

Author Topic: Bolton vs Everton  (Read 76105 times)

February 07, 2011, 03:43:40 PM
Reply #15

Derek

We definitely are.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

February 07, 2011, 04:02:08 PM
Reply #16

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Eh ?? I thought we had finished playing them this season.

..."and Sunderland lose to Tottenham"

Read it again.

Think we need to play Beckford and Saha up front. 451 has failed every time we've played it against this type of opposition.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

February 07, 2011, 06:20:05 PM
Reply #17

Bluenosebolt

..."and Sunderland lose to Tottenham"

Read it again.

Think we need to play Beckford and Saha up front. 451 has failed every time we've played it against this type of opposition.

My bad.
 ::)
I don't believe you could manage all my jelly

February 07, 2011, 07:02:22 PM
Reply #18

dangermouse

Dangermouse's magic predictor says most likely outcome...........  ;-)

Home Win :-(

Bolton 1-0 Evertton
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

February 07, 2011, 07:30:23 PM
Reply #19

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Jags in for Heitinga defo. Ive got a spare bike in me Shed I'll happily ride Heintinga to Barca meself.

February 07, 2011, 07:39:59 PM
Reply #20

Jamokachi

Jags in for Heitinga defo. Ive got a spare bike in me Shed I'll happily ride Heintinga to Barca meself.

Because Jags was showing excellent form before he got injured...

February 07, 2011, 08:25:40 PM
Reply #21

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Don't think Jags or Heitinga have done well this season, or perhaps I should say been consistent this season as they've both swung from good to horrific at times.

It's Distin + one other at the moment (who'd have thought that at the start of the season). I think I still prefer us with Heitinga as in general we've been playing better since he has come in and in a small way I think that is down to better passing from the back.

So its stay the same for me.

February 10, 2011, 02:47:30 PM
Reply #22

Derek

Same for me too.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

February 11, 2011, 12:28:40 AM
Reply #23

irishtoffee

looks like saha is out for the weekend.(see the where art thou shorty thread) so if he and rodwell are out then it'll be cahill and beckford in i presume

February 11, 2011, 02:52:36 AM
Reply #24

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
nothing about the saha injury in the preview from OS

Jack Rodwell (groin) is out of the game and is facing four weeks on the sidelines having limped out of England Under-21s 1-0 defeat in Italy on Tuesday. Otherwise the Blues are expected to be at full-strength.

I have to return some videotapes.

February 11, 2011, 07:36:33 PM
Reply #25

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

February 11, 2011, 08:06:17 PM
Reply #26

Fynci

Saha is out. Confirmed on twitter, OS to follow.

Think it makes things a little easier - we'll either put Jags back in, and push Heitinga into midfield -  throwing Cahill up front. Or Cahill and either Anichebe or Beckford.

It's probably the option that will get the most complaints, but I can see:

Howard

Neville
Jagielka
Distin
Baines

Heitinga
Bilyaletdinov
Fellaini
Arteta
Coleman

Cahill
Cool + 380
Tool - 0

February 11, 2011, 08:08:17 PM
Reply #27

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
If Beckford doesn't get the nod if I was him I would give up.

February 11, 2011, 09:44:00 PM
Reply #28

johnj

Howard

Neville      Distin    Heitinga         Baines

Fellaini

Coleman         Arteta                   Bily

Rodwell

Saha

I was tempted to put Cahill in but Rodwell impressed me yesterday and Cahill didn't look 100% for me when he came on.  A lot of fans were going on about the 4-4-2 being the reason we won yesterday but they forget that if the Saha goal stood we could have been out of sight.  I also think our best football was being played in the 4-5-1 which (I think Bally said it on the podcast) is more like a 4-2-3-1 at the minute.

Beckford to come on second half if things are close but I reckon our confidence should be high and 2-0 for us Saha and Bily (who is due one).

Will probably now be 3 changes to this team (Beckford and Cahill for Saha and Rodwell, and Jagielka in for Heitinga to deal with the bruisers), Would settle for an undeserved 1-0, Cahill to score on his return.

February 12, 2011, 03:45:10 AM
Reply #29

drummerblueboy

Howard
Neville Jags Distin Baines
Coleman Arteta Fellaini Bilyaletinov
Cahill
Beckford

2-1 Blues , Bily & Beckford