October 22, 2019, 10:44:49 AM

Author Topic: Aston Villa v West Ham  (Read 2152 times)

January 17, 2010, 07:44:22 PM
Read 2152 times

DannyR

Anyone else watching it. 0-0 12 mins played.

January 17, 2010, 08:00:31 PM
Reply #1

DannyR

Good save by green.

January 17, 2010, 08:30:31 PM
Reply #2

DannyR

dont know, was using xbox sky player now on fifa

January 17, 2010, 08:39:25 PM
Reply #3

Gash

Global Moderator
Could do with West Ham to do us a favour here. 3 defeats in a row for Villa would do very nicely thank you.

January 17, 2010, 11:47:26 PM
Reply #4

.Rimbo.

Spurs, Villa and the Shite all drew this weekend. Citeh got beat.

Good news for us blues!

January 18, 2010, 12:11:23 AM
Reply #5

Endless, Nameless

Spurs, Villa and the Shite all drew this weekend. Citeh got beat.

Good news for us blues!

I still think a top 6/7 finish is very possible. Villa are 10 points ahead, and the other two 12, so it's quite a lot, but it's not unreachable. If we beat them all in our next game against them, then that will help. I also think we exposed City's weaknesses, Villa are slipping again and Spurs don't look resilient enough. If we keep up the good form we may just find ourselves in an unexpected position come May.

Oh, and I fully expect Liverpool to finish outside of the top 4 and I think, if things stay roughly how they are, we will finish above them  :thumbsup:

COYB.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

January 18, 2010, 12:23:18 AM
Reply #6

.Rimbo.

I still think a top 6/7 finish is very possible. Villa are 10 points ahead, and the other two 12, so it's quite a lot, but it's not unreachable. If we beat them all in our next game against them, then that will help. I also think we exposed City's weaknesses, Villa are slipping again and Spurs don't look resilient enough. If we keep up the good form we may just find ourselves in an unexpected position come May.

Oh, and I fully expect Liverpool to finish outside of the top 4 and I think, if things stay roughly how they are, we will finish above them  :thumbsup:

COYB.

Mate, of course we can finish top 6! Everyone's beating everyone in this league at the moment and we always come good around this time of year. I don't fear any team at the moment and we have United and Chelsea at Goodison; two games we did well in last year. We don't have to go away to Arsenal, Chelski or United now.

IMO we should be looking to win every game from now on, if we haven't been already. Add to that our returning players and we're laughing!

January 18, 2010, 12:29:07 AM
Reply #7

Endless, Nameless

Mate, of course we can finish top 6! Everyone's beating everyone in this league at the moment and we always come good around this time of year. I don't fear any team at the moment and we have United and Chelsea at Goodison; two games we did well in last year. We don't have to go away to Arsenal, Chelski or United now.

IMO we should be looking to win every game from now on, if we haven't been already. Add to that our returning players and we're laughing!

Alright then. Dare I suggest that maybe 4th place isn't completely impossible?   :-\
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

January 18, 2010, 02:08:20 AM
Reply #8

Gash

Global Moderator

COYB.

Villa were 11 points clear at one point last year, so if we can go on a run, they are very catchable.

January 18, 2010, 01:37:55 PM
Reply #9

Pienaar's 6th dreadlock from the right

COYB.

They'll be beggin' for one of the top 5 to win the Carling cup so they can get in to the Europa League and we'll be right up there beating Real Madrid in the final  ;)   That would be great :thumbsup: