October 18, 2018, 09:35:12 PM

Author Topic: Chelsea vs Everton  (Read 69813 times)

February 19, 2011, 09:17:52 PM
Reply #30

Derek

FUCKING YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnny showing a bit of passion.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

February 19, 2011, 09:22:01 PM
Reply #31

Derek

Was in front of our fans getting everyone pumped up.

We should hire him as a mascot instead of a player.
Clarion Call.

February 19, 2011, 10:31:10 PM
Reply #32

Derek

Still buzzing! Almost had a wee cry, but manned up and moved on!

Wish the lady was in the same country because I'd be an animal tonight after how fired up those 11 sweaty men got me!

:P

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Clarion Call.

February 19, 2011, 11:47:31 PM
Reply #33

Derek

He's welcome to a free seat for life providing he sells the bloody club :D
Clarion Call.

February 20, 2011, 03:27:16 AM
Reply #34

Derek

You do have a habit of flying in whenever we're doing badly and you also admitted to always betting against us. Silas wasn't to know about your auld fella.

On that topic, I hope he's doing OK and will pull through! All the best!
Clarion Call.

February 20, 2011, 04:47:23 AM
Reply #35

Derek

Few of my thoughts today:

Howard was outstanding at shot stopping. I agree with Si and his comment earlier that he's not so good at aerial balls. Nevertheless, top notch today.

Shame Bily didn't start. He needs games to see if he's going to reach his obvious potential. He's getting there and I can't say Osman offered anything more today, despite having one of his better games.

Arteta needs to focus on getting his midfield game entirely back in swing. I think he should be taken off all dead ball situations and left to focus purely on his bread and butter. He can't seem to get it right (apart from that pen today!) and Baines has proven again he's FAR superior with free-kicks in those positions. Bily, Baines and Osman call all cross an excellent ball from corners.

There's a problem with integrating Cahill into our team now. He's still amongst our best 11 players but probably not in our best team, in my opinion. Unless we're playing to his strengths, he's not heavily involved, as I don't think he's especially versatile. If we had a full strength squad, I probably wouldn't start him.

Beckford needs to hit a few more balls at goal, because he can score them. He also need someone to work with up front. He put in an excellent shift, but he's looked at his best when Saha has been on the pitch with him (who we missed today, I think).

Johnny wasn't very good in regular time, but his theatrics (and a solid pen) were excellent today. Exactly what we needed. Just wish he'd sort out his game a bit and stop talking about moves away!

Neville was excellent today too. He's solid at the back despite not offering too much going forward. Stepped up to the plate BIG TIME for our last pen. I was hoping it'd be him. Great celebrations afterwards. He is an absolutely superb Captain, no matter his odd fault.

Baines must be worth trillions just now. He does his job so well. He runs his line like a man possessed. I'd say he's ahead of Cole just now and I mean it. He's a top, top, top player. Let's hope Bily (who has also taken a while to establish himself) can prove to be as good.

That is all.
Clarion Call.

February 20, 2011, 03:10:18 PM
Reply #36

Derek

Suppose that's one area where we overlap - my RS mates were very happy that we beat Chelski too!
Clarion Call.