October 17, 2019, 03:23:03 AM

Author Topic: Gerrard off in the Summer?  (Read 2306 times)

January 19, 2010, 03:21:57 PM
Read 2306 times

Murf666

http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverpool-fc/127638-steven-gerrard-linked-with-shock-liverpool-fc-exit.html

It's always possible, but what I liked most of all were the comments.  My favorites are:

The time is right to get rid of all overseas player and re build the team from the local talent in liverpool.We must keep Gerrard.
neilred, australia around 2 days, 7 hours ago

A terrific opinion about only playing local lads from neilred in Australia!

if stevie leaves the reds il stop supporting liverpool
liverpool fan, liverpool around 2 days, 19 hours ago

Go 'ed, liverpool fan of Liverpool!

If Stevie asks to leave in the summer, then I think the Owners have no choice but to sell and get out. Promise after promise broken.
Billy, Liverpool around 2 days, 20 hours ago

Yes, I'm sure they'd realise the error of their ways after selling Gerrard and do the decent thing.

If this happened, it would not be popular. That said, you couldn't blame Steven and the team might play more freely without his influence.
Brian, Nottingham around 2 days, 21 hours ago

Well, we've all seen how "freely" they play without Gerrard.
There's nobody better than Murf667, she's the best little Evertonian I know!
As for you, Murf 668, your Everton shirt can hardly wait.

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.  Checkmate!

January 19, 2010, 03:29:29 PM
Reply #1

ToffeeBlue83

He has been sulking for the past month now so it's no surprise these stories have come out given their recent form, he knows he can't do everything on his own!

The owners would have to line up a decent replacement if he did leave as the fans would be fuming, esp if Torres followed him as well!
Royal Blue Mersey - the web's newest Everton blog

January 20, 2010, 04:52:57 AM
Reply #2

.Rimbo.

Where's Gerrard going to go, though?

January 20, 2010, 05:07:51 AM
Reply #3

chang

They were saying 35 million on Sky ! Is he not a little old for that sort of cash ?

He would only move "to win the league" but he has fucked off Chelsea twice, cant see he would have the brass neck to go to Man U even if they wanted / could afford him, that leaves Arsenal? never going to happen....Man City ?

Can't see him at any other team in PL myself.

January 20, 2010, 05:15:42 AM
Reply #4

Chazman

"I fuckin love this club"

January 20, 2010, 05:19:17 AM
Reply #5

.Rimbo.

Milan/Barca/Real

Real's the only one there that I could see him going too. I doubt Barca have the money, nor do they really need him, and I can't see Milan being able to afford him, nor him wanting to go there.

January 20, 2010, 05:23:05 AM
Reply #6

Gash

Global Moderator
What's he got left on his contract? By that I mean, he's 30. He can't be worth that much money? And he's always been plagued by a dodgy hammy.

January 20, 2010, 05:26:33 AM
Reply #7

Chazman

Real's the only one there that I could see him going too. I doubt Barca have the money, nor do they really need him, and I can't see Milan being able to afford him, nor him wanting to go there.

According to the press this week  :snigger: it's Barca
"I fuckin love this club"

January 20, 2010, 10:19:01 PM
Reply #8

sukulpat

This....... Barca is now full of world class midfielders, so no need for Ger to go there. Only Real Madrid is possible IMO.

January 21, 2010, 12:53:42 AM
Reply #9

cantoffee

Inter maybe, but I doubt he'll go anywhere. Torres on the other hand will be gone if rafa leaves.

January 21, 2010, 01:19:40 AM
Reply #10

.Rimbo.

According to the press this week  :snigger: it's Barca

He doesn't fit in with Barca's style of play though IMO. He's too direct for a deep-lying midfielder and I don't think he's actually good enough in the head to play in the Barca team. They are full of very intelligent players, and whilst he may be very quick and have an excellent shot and passing range, I just don't see him fitting in at all.

Also, I can't see them wanting/needing him. Where would he fit in? Because Lordy knows he ain't dropping Xavi/Iniesta, so it looks like a place on the bench for a fella pushing 30 costing £130,000+-a-week. Makes no sense.

January 21, 2010, 01:20:29 AM
Reply #11

.Rimbo.

I could see Torres maybe going to Barca to take Henry's place in the long run. Also because he hates Real! But he'd cost around £65 million. No way do Barca have that money so it'd have to be a swap deal!