September 24, 2019, 12:24:41 AM

Author Topic: Gold & Sullivan buy West Ham  (Read 3528 times)

January 19, 2010, 06:34:23 PM
Read 3528 times

Flusky

Well thats their relegation guaranteed then.

January 19, 2010, 08:05:39 PM
Reply #1

Mayor Farnum

Just watching them on SSN. They are already crying poverty.
Something clever written by someone else.

January 19, 2010, 11:42:39 PM
Reply #2

huck

Saw this myself. Didn't look promising.
Le Berry

January 19, 2010, 11:51:34 PM
Reply #3

Chazman

Seems they are pinning everything on getting The Olympic stadium for fuck all and just pay rent.Then they will flog the club for a tidy profit
"I fuckin love this club"

January 20, 2010, 01:28:44 AM
Reply #4

Gash

Global Moderator
100m in debt!

And imagine a club borrowing on future season ticket sales, I mean come on, who would be stupid enough to........................... .....Oh dear.

January 20, 2010, 04:49:21 AM
Reply #5

Thom

Administrator
Apparently they have the liquid assets to reduce the debts, and don't have to sell players.

We'll see...

January 20, 2010, 05:09:44 AM
Reply #6

Bily No Pace

Am i the only one thinking 100mil isn't that much? I always thought that the top teams were in 200/300 million of debt? Aren't we around 60 millions?
Bily No Pace has no signature

January 20, 2010, 05:15:10 PM
Reply #7

top flight for a long time

He actually said they won't have to sell their best players.  If they need the money they'll get nowt of the others because he's already said they're no good!
We're forever Everton....

January 21, 2010, 05:36:25 AM
Reply #8

ToffeeBlue83

They will bring stability to the club behind the scenes but the problem still remains, they have no money and an average squad. As this football article on the West Ham takeover says, the best they can hope for in Jan is to hold oto their best players and hope they are good enough to get out of trouble.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 01:59:34 PM by ToffeeBlue83 »
Royal Blue Mersey - the web's newest Everton blog

January 21, 2010, 05:37:24 AM
Reply #9

Endless, Nameless

Am i the only one thinking 100mil isn't that much? I always thought that the top teams were in £200/£300 million of debt? Aren't we around £60 millions?

Latest figures show that Man U have over £700 million debt.  Yikes.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

January 22, 2010, 07:53:51 PM
Reply #10

Derek

Utd are heading for an implosion (Liverpool, too). They don't have the financial muscle like Chelsea or City nor the sensible and sustainable business practices of Wenger's Arsenal.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind. They achieved their position since the last 90s by whoring their arse out to anyone who'll pay sponsorship money.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

January 22, 2010, 10:58:09 PM
Reply #11

Dr. Sponge

I presume that United have a turnover large enough to manage their debts every season, and their spending has been cut down recently. The sale of Ronaldo has probably kept them safe for a while, but at what detriments to their first team?!!

It's difficult to know what's going on from we're sitting, but if it's true that Liverpool are in colossal amounts of debt, like United, then will they have to sell assets too? I.e. Torres, Gerrard... Lucas. :P

It'd be interesting to see what would happen if they failed to qualify for the Champions League.

January 23, 2010, 01:59:56 AM
Reply #12

Gash

Global Moderator
I presume that United have a turnover large enough to manage their debts every season, and their spending has been cut down recently. The sale of Ronaldo has probably kept them safe for a while, but at what detriments to their first team?!!

It's difficult to know what's going on from we're sitting, but if it's true that Liverpool are in colossal amounts of debt, like United, then will they have to sell assets too? I.e. Torres, Gerrard... Lucas. :P

It'd be interesting to see what would happen if they failed to qualify for the Champions League.

They are 700m plus, in debt. An increase on last year.

They showed a 42 million pound profit this year. That inlcuded the 80m they got for Ronaldo. So in theory they made a 38m loss, if they hadn't sold him. The year before they had a 20 odd million loss. Their interest payments alone are around 60m a year. That's before they pay salaries etc out of about 275m turnover. Financialy Man Utd are in serious trouble if the Glazers can't re finance their debt or get this bond issue thing off the ground.