September 19, 2019, 02:39:18 AM

Author Topic: Hopefully Benitez will carry on "improving" the RS  (Read 2927 times)

January 20, 2010, 12:07:14 AM
Read 2927 times

everton.chris

People who know it all are especially annoying to those of us who don't

January 20, 2010, 12:13:25 AM
Reply #1

Chazman

"I fuckin love this club"

January 20, 2010, 12:25:51 AM
Reply #2

DannyR

January 20, 2010, 12:40:42 AM
Reply #3

Chazman

January 20, 2010, 01:35:52 AM
Reply #4

Gash

Global Moderator
For all I hate the RS, I wouldn't want them to get relegated or worse, go out of business. It's still one of our biggest games of the season, and one of the best known derbies across the world, and I for one would miss that.

We'd all gloat if  it happened, or visa versa with them, but in time we'd miss them.

It's like up here, all the Celtic fans were getting excited when rumours and stories were going around about the state of Rangers finances, some were hoping they would go out of business. I bet after a few weeks, they would soon start to miss Rangers. The Old Firm games are still one of the most fiercely contested games, and they would all miss it. It's a love hate thing. They love to hate each other.

We, and football in general would be worse off without the Merseyside derby.

January 20, 2010, 03:26:27 AM
Reply #5

Chazman

Just cannot not agree with you there Gash.I would absolutely love it if they got relegated.No chance of them going out of business there would be plenty of buyers for them.Cast your mind back to the last game of the season Wimbledon game.There was plenty of Redshite in the ground hoping to see us relegated.Remember the coffins getting carried round to Goodison by the bastards aswell.The worse the shite do,the better for me.

January 20, 2010, 03:34:22 AM
Reply #6

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Got to say Gash, that you're way out there!

I hate derby games. You can't even enjoy them when you're winning as they're so tense.

The fact that they have been in the lower divisions more than us, is something we obviously take pride in. For them to go down again would be amazing.

Not much chance of it mind, but you never know!

As Chazman says, there's no way that they'd ever go bust.

And it's not about being bitter, the fact that they were born out of us means that we are inextricably linked and therefore it's impossible not to take an interest in how they do.

January 20, 2010, 04:27:17 AM
Reply #7

Chazman

I don't think you can make comparrisons with the SPL and the EPL either.The only half decent games up there are the"Old Firm" games.Let's face it ,none of the others matter.The only time that they did,in my memory was when Ferguson was in charge at Aberdeen.Other than that ,nothing.The Edinburgh derby is only important to locals.It never has any bearing on who will win the league.

January 20, 2010, 04:27:56 AM
Reply #8

Haile GAZrselassie

gash.

had you been inhaling petrol when you posted that?

i would laugh until i choked on my own balls if they were ever to go down.

miss them. id miss them that much id go watch em play at the keepmoat v donny rovers.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

January 20, 2010, 04:47:33 AM
Reply #9

Gash

Global Moderator
I don't think you can make comparrisons with the SPL and the EPL either.The only half decent games up there are the"Old Firm" games.Let's face it ,none of the others matter.The only time that they did,in my memory was when Ferguson was in charge at Aberdeen.Other than that ,nothing.The Edinburgh derby is only important to locals.It never has any bearing on who will win the league.

It's not comparing the EPL and SPL, it's comparing city rivalry. Of which the Old Firm is every bit as big as ours, maybe bigger. Sure it would be great to gloat, as it is at the moment to see them falling from there high horse. I just enjoy the rivalry in the same league. Even if they were at the Wimbledon game, and if we went down, give it time, when the new fixture list came out, they would miss us.

There's plenty of there fans up here, and I would enjoy it as much as the next person, taking the piss if they went down. But the derby must be quite important, it's one of the few we sell out these days. And it's always nice to get one over your city rivals.

And Glewis, I love the tension in the derby. For me it's what watching football is all about. The ups and downs. We might as well not get to cup finals if we aren't going to enjoy the tension of them.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 05:04:58 AM by Gash »

January 20, 2010, 05:14:12 AM
Reply #10

Chazman

I could quite easily live without the Derby matches if they went down,believe me.I hate that club with a fuckin passion and the worse off they are,the better for me.What I was saying about the SPL is that wothout the "Old Firm" games it has absolutely nothing.Without being rude,who cares?

January 21, 2010, 05:55:56 AM
Reply #11

Chazman

Marty,are you a tits man by any chance?

January 21, 2010, 06:04:18 AM
Reply #12

Endless, Nameless

Marty,are you a tits man by any chance?

I think he's overcompensating  ;)

Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

January 21, 2010, 10:04:57 AM
Reply #13

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I would miss the derby but I would think we would all learn to live with it!

Loads of my family and friends are rs. If they ever went down I would have fun for years.

January 21, 2010, 07:25:05 PM
Reply #14

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Gash, it's a different type of tension in the derby.

What you're talking about is big game tension, as in cup finals etc. Yes everyone enjoys those types of games.

I don't know if I'm only speaking for myself here or not, but the derby tension is completely different. Big games have tension about them as they are important for on field reasons. The derby goes much deeper than that and, personally speaking, makes them horrible games.