October 21, 2019, 09:42:28 AM

Author Topic: Real Madrid v Spurs  (Read 13501 times)

April 06, 2011, 12:16:42 AM
Read 13501 times

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
In theory, this should be a nice open game.  I expect that Real will have too much quality and will win reasonably easily over 2 legs, having said that Spurs have played well in the CL this season so far.

My prediction for tonight is 3-1 to Real.

April 06, 2011, 12:17:15 AM
Reply #1

Derek

Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

April 06, 2011, 12:20:48 AM
Reply #2

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I can't see Spurs coming through the tie just because they struggling so much with injuries at the back. The lack of a top quality striker will hurt them too.

Real should have too much.3-0 to Real, maybe 3-1
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

April 06, 2011, 12:25:36 AM
Reply #3

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone know if Cronaldo is playing?  He was supposed to be out but I think it looked possible yesterday that he might be fit enough to start and play some part.

April 06, 2011, 12:31:05 AM
Reply #4

ilikebrunettes

In theory, this should be a nice open game.  I expect that Real will have too much quality and will win reasonably easily over 2 legs, having said that Spurs have played well in the CL this season so far.

My prediction for tonight is 3-1 to Real.

why should it mate? Spurs are hugely negative in Europe. They will put 11 men behind the ball, with 2 holding midfielders. And will launch it all night to crouch
Murray won't ever win a slam. Mentally not good enough

April 06, 2011, 12:34:23 AM
Reply #5

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
why should it mate? Spurs are hugely negative in Europe. They will put 11 men behind the ball, with 2 holding midfielders. And will launch it all night to crouch

They have been getting forward.  I agree that they're one dimensional tactically with the balls to crouch, but they do get forward.

Apart from anything else though they're not defensively good enough to keep things tight, and this is why I expect it to be open.  You only have to look at the scorelines from their CL run so far to see that in general, there are plenty of goals.  Add Real to the mix and you have the makings of an entertaining attacking game.

April 06, 2011, 12:34:44 AM
Reply #6

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I have only seen Real once this season, and it was against Barca so they looked 2nd best. So I'm interested to see how they look in this game, I don't think this'll be a walkover though. Spurs have impressed in the CL this season and on their day they have a counter attack (or long ball) that could result in goals against a lot of opposition.

I'll say 1-1. But I might revise that after I've seen them play for 5 mins :)

April 06, 2011, 12:36:06 AM
Reply #7

Craig_1878

2-1 to Real.

Looking forward to to this quite a bit.
"Sunday Bloody Sunday. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!"- Alan Partridge

April 06, 2011, 12:36:54 AM
Reply #8

fast lane

Anyone know if Cronaldo is playing?  He was supposed to be out but I think it looked possible yesterday that he might be fit enough to start and play some part.

They said on Dutch tv that he was.

Is going to be very tough for the Spurs.
But is the defeat against Gijon a sign that Madrid are struggling?
It probably doesn't say a lot, so we'll see.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

April 06, 2011, 12:42:26 AM
Reply #9

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber

They do not put 11 men behind the ball. They didn't against Inter and they didn't against AC especially at the San Siro. Stop being jealous Arsenal were so poor.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

April 06, 2011, 12:49:36 AM
Reply #10

ilikebrunettes

They do not put 11 men behind the ball. They didn't against Inter and they didn't against AC especially at the San Siro. Stop being jealous Arsenal were so poor.

why bring Arsenal into it? stupid comment

Spurs hung on in both legs against AC Milan. They scored a break away goal against the run of play, and completely shut up shop at WHL.

And the games against Inter? come on... they were a Benitez team... and they still managed to go 4-0 by half time!

April 06, 2011, 12:53:39 AM
Reply #11

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
why bring Arsenal into it? stupid comment

Spurs hung on in both legs against AC Milan. They scored a break away goal against the run of play, and completely shut up shop at WHL.

And the games against Inter? come on... they were a Benitez team... and they still managed to go 4-0 by half time!

Just a dig, always fun. They outplayed Milan in the 1st half and could of scored more. The 2nd half was more even. They did shut up shop in the 2nd leg but Milan were woeful. Inter beat Barca last year with a similar tactic and then Mourinho was a genius. Give credit where credit is due.

April 06, 2011, 12:55:31 AM
Reply #12

ilikebrunettes

i didnt give mourinho any credit

April 06, 2011, 01:11:23 AM
Reply #13

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Jesus fucking christ

April 06, 2011, 01:13:34 AM
Reply #14