October 16, 2019, 04:00:29 AM

Author Topic: Dixie v Messi  (Read 11760 times)

April 15, 2011, 09:31:46 PM
Reply #30

fast lane

I was wondering the other day whether ILB ever posted about Everton, as he's always harping on about Arsenal and Bayern Munich, but then up pops the Fellaini thread  lolol

Let's just say that he once used to.
Still difficult to see him as an Evertonian though.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

April 15, 2011, 10:37:36 PM
Reply #31

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
A tedius fucking shmohawk

April 16, 2011, 04:03:37 AM
Reply #32

Bily No Pace

A tedius fucking shmohawk

message me what you said
Bily No Pace has no signature

April 16, 2011, 06:50:32 AM
Reply #33

Paul.

Messi is at 48 or 49, that's fantastic. Dean finished that year with 100 goals, admittedly it included friendlies But that could be off set against the amount of european games Barca have played.
Who lit the fuse on your tampon ?

April 16, 2011, 03:34:43 PM
Reply #34

ilikebrunettes

No u can't. Not at all. Champs league games are not the same as friendlies... Are they?!

I haven't said dixies record is shit, have I? Fucking drama queens. Just be because he played for everton doesn't mean it beats everyone else.

The English league back then would have just been British players. The current la liga is made up of the worlds best players.

Think about it logically for christs sake. Dixies record was fantastic. And still is. But I believe messi's current record... In the standard he plays is better.

So shove you fucking fake screams of horror up your arses
Murray won't ever win a slam. Mentally not good enough

April 16, 2011, 03:56:02 PM
Reply #35

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
clueless shmohawk

April 16, 2011, 03:57:27 PM
Reply #36

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
You are shocked  at the reaction when you try and undersell possibly the biggest single achievement in football?  Messi is more than likely a better footballer than Dixie but you haven't acknowledged that by the same token Messi would not have survived five minutes in Dixie's era. Two totally different eras and I don't think you can compare anything other than the statistics on which Dean comes way ahead.

April 16, 2011, 04:01:29 PM
Reply #37

ilikebrunettes

Wait... This thread is all about comparison. So have a go at every fucker else.

Biggest single achievement in football? Come on... It was a great achievement but that statement is ridiculous

April 16, 2011, 04:04:53 PM
Reply #38

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
As a player and more importantly a striker name me many more? Fair play about the comparison thing though.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

April 16, 2011, 04:45:33 PM
Reply #39

ilikebrunettes

How about pele, romario and puskas all scoring 1000 goals in their career? I have no doubt pele and puskas both scored over 60 goals in a season also, but records are prob sketchy.

April 16, 2011, 04:53:30 PM
Reply #40

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
How about pele, romario and puskas all scoring 1000 goals in their career? I have no doubt pele and puskas both scored over 60 goals in a season also, but records are prob sketchy.

Records may be sketchy but there is nothing solid to indicate they got close to that.  Dean's achievement is fact.

April 16, 2011, 06:44:58 PM
Reply #41

Dr. Sponge

Dixie Dean - 60 LEAGUE goals

Messi - 29 LEAGUE goals (34 last season)

April 16, 2011, 07:15:41 PM
Reply #42

Jamokachi

HAHAHAHAHA!

So records from the 60's etc are sketchy but from the 20's they're there for everyone to see?

<dead>

As I said earlier in the thread, it's a retarded argument because the comparisons are impossible to make. Modern football is vastly different to when Dean played. Both were/are fantastic players, that's all there is to it.

April 17, 2011, 12:21:25 AM
Reply #43

Gash

Global Moderator
No u can't. Not at all. Champs league games are not the same as friendlies... Are they?!

I haven't said dixies record is shit, have I? Fucking drama queens. Just be because he played for everton doesn't mean it beats everyone else.

The English league back then would have just been British players. The current la liga is made up of the worlds best players.

Think about it logically for christs sake. Dixies record was fantastic. And still is. But I believe messi's current record... In the standard he plays is better.

So shove you fucking fake screams of horror up your arses

Wind your neck in. It's not about people being drama queens, it's your inability to say anything positive about Everton. This is just the one that has pissed people of most.

You may not have said it was crap or shit, but you were less than complimentary of his achievements. We can all be critical of current performances but to try to belittle one of the greatest individual achievements in English football is bad enough, the fact it was done by an Everton player, a team you support (and I use the term loosely) shows you up for the idiot you are.

Your love all things Bayern and Arsenal and criticism of all things Everton is a disgrace for someone that calls themself a fan. As Jamo says, it's really a nothing debate, like who's better Fangio or Schumacher, they aren't really comparible.

April 17, 2011, 02:13:09 AM
Reply #44

Jamokachi

As Jamo says, it's really a nothing debate, like who's better Fangio or Schumacher, they aren't really comparible.

Oh shit...

<takes cover>