August 14, 2018, 10:17:19 PM

Author Topic: Villa vs Bburn  (Read 4759 times)

January 21, 2010, 03:51:05 AM
Reply #15

TheMothMan

is it just me or does all their fans on the pitch make you want another final so much

January 21, 2010, 03:55:02 AM
Reply #16

Bluenose 91

Did their fans invade the pitch because they made it to the Carling Cup Final? Once again...twats.

January 21, 2010, 04:17:09 AM
Reply #17

Haile GAZrselassie

Did their fans invade the pitch because they made it to the Carling Cup Final? Once again...twats.

i wouldn't have minded the opportunity to invade goodison tonight. not saying it's what we would have done but id love to be looking at a trip to wembley next month. and the possibility of guranteeing ourselves europa league football.

incidentally. what's the script when it comes to the allocation of the europa league placings for the europa league?

if villa win it or city win it or utd win, what happens with the possibility of an extra europa league place going to 6th or 7th in the league?

if villa or city win it but finish 4th does the europa league place go to the team finishing 7th in the league?
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

January 21, 2010, 04:22:07 AM
Reply #18

Gash

Global Moderator

Don't see the problem. It wasn't so long ago we were gutted not to get to the Carling Cup Final.

Villa are like us, cup finals don't come along very often. They should be happy.

January 21, 2010, 04:55:11 AM
Reply #19

huck

I enjoyed the atmosphere. Well, from the tele. All the flags and that. The game itself though I thought was dull. The amount of goals was down to both teams being dreadful defensively, neither team excelled attacking wise. I don't recall one good attacking move. Maybe others watching the game do?

Le Berry

January 21, 2010, 05:19:15 AM
Reply #20

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
i wouldn't have minded the opportunity to invade goodison tonight. not saying it's what we would have done but id love to be looking at a trip to wembley next month. and the possibility of guranteeing ourselves europa league football.

incidentally. what's the script when it comes to the allocation of the europa league placings for the europa league?

if villa win it or city win it or utd win, what happens with the possibility of an extra europa league place going to 6th or 7th in the league?

if villa or city win it but finish 4th does the europa league place go to the team finishing 7th in the league?

if whoever wins the carling cup finishes in the top 5 then the team finishing in 6th place will get the next Europa League spot. then if a team who finishes in the top 6 wins the FA cup then that spot will go to the 7th place team in the league

January 21, 2010, 05:26:22 AM
Reply #21

Flusky

Winner of the FA Cup gets Europa Spot. If said winner has qualified for Europe, it goes to the runner up. If they have qualified for Europe, it goes to 6th/7th place.

Winner of Carling Cup gets Europa Spot. If said winner has qualified for Europe, it goes to 6th/7th place immediately.

January 21, 2010, 05:27:38 AM
Reply #22

Bluenose 91

Yeah I'm not disputing the fact that reaching a cup final is great, but invading the pitch is a bit over the top imo.  Shouldn't they be punished for that by the way?

January 21, 2010, 05:30:01 AM
Reply #23

Endless, Nameless

tbh all the rules confuse me. I think it's best just to keep playing our best and then just see what happens. Knowing these things are in reach is the best thing, as it motivates, but knowing you need to finish 7th or whatever will perhaps make you relax if you do get there. We need to just keep pushing on.

The way I see it, 4th is a (small) possibility, but I'm not ruling it out. 5th is probably just as hard as 4th, as no one is going to walk away with 4th easily and I suspect they will be pushed until the last game or two. 6th sounds hard, but is realistically achievable. 7th will hopfully get European football, and I think it is very achievable. Assuming one of the other 4 pining for 4th place slip up, and we keep at it, I am certain we can get 7th.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

January 21, 2010, 05:30:50 AM
Reply #24

Gash

Global Moderator
Don't know. Man City fans invaded the pitch when Tevez scored last night, so far nothing has been said. Although they are investigating Neville giving Tevez the finger, which of course is far worse than player safety.

January 21, 2010, 06:16:36 AM
Reply #25

Bluenose 91

Typical FA, fucking shitbags.  Why do they make rules and not enforce them?

January 21, 2010, 06:36:44 AM
Reply #26

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Even more determined to get to Wembley again now.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

January 21, 2010, 02:24:23 PM
Reply #27

top flight for a long time

Winner of the FA Cup gets Europa Spot. If said winner has qualified for Europe, it goes to the runner up. If they have qualified for Europe, it goes to 6th/7th place.

Winner of Carling Cup gets Europa Spot. If said winner has qualified for Europe, it goes to 6th/7th place immediately.
I thought they changed that rule last season.  Had we not finished in 5th (or 6th as it happened) we would have had to win the cup to qualify for Europe because the runner up no longer gets the place.  Might be wrong but I was sure it had changed.
We're forever Everton....

January 21, 2010, 08:43:22 PM
Reply #28

Ong-Timus Prime

FA Rules are quite simple...

If Liverpool finish outside of the top 4, they will find a reason for them to be in the Champions League. Failing that, Liverpool will have qualifed for the Europa Cup irrespective of league table position.
if you know yer history...