October 24, 2019, 03:19:43 AM

Author Topic: Boyd in talks with Villa  (Read 1941 times)

January 21, 2010, 09:40:48 PM
Read 1941 times

Thom

Administrator
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/8472745.stm

Strange move by Villa. It must mean that one of Heskey and Carew might be moved on in the not-to-distant future, as I can't see Boyd playing understudy to those two and Agbonlahor.

January 21, 2010, 10:27:54 PM
Reply #1

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
O'Neil doesnt seem to be a fan of Carew does he. All in all, a strange move

January 21, 2010, 10:44:09 PM
Reply #2

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I think it's because Carew is sh*te against everyone, apart from us where he becomes un-playable.

January 21, 2010, 10:45:15 PM
Reply #3

toffee_scot

Question is, if Boyd joined Villa, how long would he last before he's shipped out?

January 22, 2010, 12:04:26 AM
Reply #4

andrei

I think hes steped up his game in the last six months or so and everyone knows he can score goals think hes a player that will suit Villas style of play actully.

January 22, 2010, 01:30:25 AM
Reply #5

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
He'd offer them something different. Their forwards aren't famed for their clinical finishing.

But then Villa's chances often only come through physical effort and pace. I could see him being left behind every time they had an attack.

January 22, 2010, 01:53:44 AM
Reply #6

Gash

Global Moderator
He'd offer them something different. Their forwards aren't famed for their clinical finishing.

But then Villa's chances often only come through physical effort and pace. I could see him being left behind every time they had an attack.

He'll be fine, he's never far from the 18 yard box so he'll be up there waiting for them.  :whistle:

It would be interesting to see how he gets on in the EPL. He can undoubtably score goals, but his ratio is nothing like Larsson's. I heard McCoist say recently that he has added more work rate to his game, not that he could have reduced it.

He would certainly have a point to prove, his record in Europe and against top 6 teams in Scotland is poor to say the least. I think last season he scored 6 goals against the top 6 teams.

January 22, 2010, 02:57:11 AM
Reply #7

Rhys

Never been impressed with him. He always looks awful for scotland, he is lazy and has little all round play. I certainly wouldnt want him.

January 22, 2010, 07:49:40 PM
Reply #8

Derek

Rangers have no cash whatsoever at the minute and while I wouldn't take him he might be worth a punt on a cheap. He wouldn't need a huge salary either. Worth a gamble.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku