October 19, 2019, 03:51:02 AM

Author Topic: What is wrong with Tevez?  (Read 13107 times)

May 15, 2011, 07:20:38 PM
Read 13107 times

Meak

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/919830/carlos-tevez-torn-over-future-with-manchester-city?cc=5901

all he's been doing in his time in manchester is complaining... he won the league at united i think, they make him captain and he complains, he plays in most matches and complains, now they win the fa cup and are going to the champions league and he's unsure if he wants to stay at city

what does the damn guy want?? carlos tevez fc where hes the manager and only player?
Follow me on Twitter @BlakeEMeakin

May 15, 2011, 07:31:44 PM
Reply #1

Derek

He seems permanently unsettled.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

May 15, 2011, 07:58:59 PM
Reply #2

Danny

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/919830/carlos-tevez-torn-over-future-with-manchester-city?cc=5901

all he's been doing in his time in manchester is complaining... he won the league at united i think, they make him captain and he complains, he plays in most matches and complains, now they win the fa cup and are going to the champions league and he's unsure if he wants to stay at city

what does the damn guy want?? carlos tevez fc where hes the manager and only player?

I think he wants to go home in all honesty, from what I can gather he only likes football as a hobby rather than an occupation. He's only staying in England for the money, a couple of years ago someone was saying he wanted to retire if Argentina won the 2010 world cup.

May 15, 2011, 08:01:34 PM
Reply #3

Derek

A lot of South American players have problems with the professional side of the game over here.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

May 15, 2011, 08:09:36 PM
Reply #4

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think he loves the game tbh.  It does seem to be just a job to him.

May 15, 2011, 08:18:57 PM
Reply #5

Bluenose 91

He does my fucking head in when I think about it.

Can't stand footballers who take their immense talent and salary as 'just a job'

May 15, 2011, 08:42:21 PM
Reply #6

Danny

He does my fucking head in when I think about it.

Can't stand footballers who take their immense talent and salary as 'just a job'

Why? If you didn't enjoy singing but for some reason were incredible at it and could be paid a fortune for it would you not do it aswell?

May 15, 2011, 09:33:02 PM
Reply #7

Bluenose 91

Why? If you didn't enjoy singing but for some reason were incredible at it and could be paid a fortune for it would you not do it aswell?

Because being a footballer is more than a job, what you do and how you play means a lot to an awful lot of people.

Tevez just seems to mope about and cause fuss at every club he plays for, despite the fact they are paying him astronomical wages.

May 15, 2011, 09:33:34 PM
Reply #8

toffee_scot

If I was in charge at Man City (I hope that never happens!) I would sell Tevez, even though he is a key player I would be very concerned about his attitude or loyalties, only a few months ago he was saying he would quit football at anytime.

Plus there seems to be a tradition anyway of buying 3-4 first team strikers a season at Man City so eventually he will have to be offloaded and let others try and aspire to be inducted into Man City's hall of fame alongside Shaun Goater.

May 15, 2011, 09:44:36 PM
Reply #9

Sensei

I think a lot of players (I don't mean most or even half, just a good number) are a lot like Tevez.  I think his honesty is quite refreshing to be honest, if he doesn't enjoy playing so much, then he doesn't. 

May 15, 2011, 09:59:55 PM
Reply #10

Bluenose 91

I think a lot of players (I don't mean most or even half, just a good number) are a lot like Tevez.  I think his honesty is quite refreshing to be honest, if he doesn't enjoy playing so much, then he doesn't. 

I see what you and Danny are saying like and I'm not going to be losing any sleep because Tevez doesn't love football.

But I just think they don't appreciate how fortunate they are.

In fairness to Tevez though, he always gives his all on the pitch and is a fantastic player.

May 15, 2011, 10:21:08 PM
Reply #11

Ridge

The thing is with Tevez, is that he seems like he wants to return home, he doesn't really want to spend his time playing football in England. But everytime this seems to cause a rift and something looks like changing, he signs for another English club and the cycle starts again.

If he doesn't want to play football over here, then he doesn't have too. But whether it's pressure from an agent or his family seeking extra money, his heart has never seemed in it.

This time however, I can't see him getting more than he is on at City, when he clearly isn't that keen or devoted. Maybe he would be happier in another European league, it's hard to tell, but it never stopped him playing well.

May 16, 2011, 03:36:18 AM
Reply #12

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
He gets a percentage of a sell on fee all the time. His agents and him probably like or need the extra bonuses. He is maximizing his revenue until he can't play football anymore. He gives his all everytime he plays so you can't fair his professionalism but a profession is what football is.
Goodluck to him.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 16, 2011, 05:44:43 AM
Reply #13

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think he loves the game tbh.  It does seem to be just a job to him.

I think it's the opposite, he loves the game. But as a game, not as a job. Doing something you love for a living is a double-edged sword, on the one hand you're lucky, on the other it can really take the fun out of it and leave you completely burnt out.

I know, I've been there. Often you don't even realise what's happening, suddenly nothing's right and you feel nothing you do works, and after some time, it really won't, and the more you try, the worse it gets.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 05:47:02 AM by Major Clanger »
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

May 21, 2011, 06:40:27 PM
Reply #14

Robber Rodwell

carlos, please fuck off you crying cunt, there are large cylinder type machines with wings that move in the clouds,
WITCHCRAFT, you say no carlos, aero fucking planes, either you can

A   Fly your family to live in UK

B   Have yourself a very merry falklands fuck off.