November 23, 2017, 04:25:10 AM

Author Topic: Everton vs Chelsea  (Read 46198 times)

May 23, 2011, 12:45:05 AM
Reply #225

toffee_scot

Who would have thought...

Everton 1 man down after 50 minutes against a club that we've had extreme difficulty beating in the last 10 years. You'd think the odds were firmly stacked against us and who pops up with the Everton matchwinner - Beckford from League One.

That's the beauty of football.

May 23, 2011, 12:46:49 AM
Reply #226

cantoffee

To be fair, I don't think we've lost to them since the cup final in 2009. We rarely lose to Chelsea nowadays.

May 23, 2011, 12:48:51 AM
Reply #227

Shogun

Administrator
To be fair, I don't think we've lost to them since the cup final in 2009. We rarely lose to Chelsea nowadays.
rarely beat them as well though , except for the saha double in the 2-1 at goodison
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

May 23, 2011, 12:50:20 AM
Reply #228

evertonjoe

rarely beat them as well though , except for the saha double in the 2-1 at goodison

Well we've beaten them in exactly half of the league matches since that cup final.

R.A.P Music

May 23, 2011, 12:55:01 AM
Reply #229

cantoffee

I don't know how people have overlooked our good form against Chelsea recently.

I also have a Chelsea supporter telling me it was definitely a card for Coleman because Mikel could have been hurt. It's annoying, of course he could have been hurt, it doesn't mean it wasn't a fair challenge. Sometimes players get hurt in clean challenges, it's a fucking contact sport, too many pussies out there honestly.

May 23, 2011, 12:55:33 AM
Reply #230

Shogun

Administrator
Well we've beaten them in exactly half of the league matches since that cup final.
before today we'd beat them once in the last 8 or so years(possibly more i couldn't find results prior to that)

May 23, 2011, 12:56:16 AM
Reply #231

evertonjoe

before today we'd beat them once in the last 8 or so years(possibly more i couldn't find results prior to that)

And now it's twice in 4 games.

R.A.P Music

May 23, 2011, 12:58:23 AM
Reply #232

cantoffee

We've beaten them twice this season and once last.

May 23, 2011, 01:00:25 AM
Reply #233

Shogun

Administrator
And now it's twice in 4 games.
yeah but the original post said we've had extreme difficulty beating them in the last ten years which is true.

and cantoffee , we won on penalties so it was a draw really
even though obviously we got through and it counts as a victory

May 23, 2011, 01:03:39 AM
Reply #234

cantoffee

yeah but the original post said we've had extreme difficulty beating them in the last ten years which is true.

and cantoffee , we won on penalties so it was a draw really
even though obviously we got through and it counts as a victory

So it was really a draw, but it counts as a victory? So it's a win then yes? Not sure how you can exclude that, it was a win, we had to beat them on penalties, but it's still a win.

May 23, 2011, 01:06:08 AM
Reply #235

Shogun

Administrator
So it was really a draw, but it counts as a victory? So it's a win then yes? Not sure how you can exclude that, it was a win, we had to beat them on penalties, but it's still a win.
we've beat them twice in the league in the last ten years.
therefore we do find it difficult to beat them
even though recently we have improved with draws and victories against them

May 23, 2011, 01:20:35 AM
Reply #236

chang

Heroic performance out there today, shame it counts for nought

But it does, apart from 3 points, it gives the club a lift, makes the players feel good and having read the comments on here gives most of us a good feeling too..result also makes some look stupid too, but that's the natures of a fans forum!...had we lost, it would be all the usual crap that follows a defeat.

Other good news, Brum down and the shite out of Europe

On the face of it "yes" - but no doubt Birmingham will go into administration and Liverpool will qualify......they do after all tend to find a way. :eh:

May 23, 2011, 02:24:26 AM
Reply #237

Derek

Oh shaddap! Liverpool won't be in Europe next season.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

May 23, 2011, 02:35:58 AM
Reply #238

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Commentators on my stream had it right about Becks. He has no problem creating chances, but he just cannot figure out how to beat PL keepers. Story of his season.

Even before today that was not accurate. Beckford will miss some, but he clearly knows where the goal is and has scored some wonderful goals this season especially considering his jump up from league 1.

May 23, 2011, 05:22:53 AM
Reply #239

Gash

Global Moderator
Moyes says the sending off was spot on, I'd agree with that.

I think Barry Horne called it right during the game, a few years ago that would have been a good challenge. He's lunged in though and for a moment had both feet off the ground, he got the ball but at the time it looked worse than it was, then Mikel milked it.

If Seamus had a better first touch, he'd have never found himself in the situation anyway.

Great finish to another frustrating season, hopefully next season we can carry the momentum in to it.