October 17, 2019, 10:15:32 AM

Author Topic: David de Gea  (Read 13064 times)

May 25, 2011, 09:16:44 PM
Reply #15

Ridge

de Gea has looked quality and very young for a keeper playing regularly.

Szczesny isn't in the top 15 keepers in the Prem from last year, has the potential to be maybe top 12 some day.

May 25, 2011, 10:12:53 PM
Reply #16

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
im amazed people are describing him as great. He isn't. potentilly he could be.

from what i've seen though he's just like the young pole at arsenal

The right or left hand upright?
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 26, 2011, 05:01:56 AM
Reply #17

BlueNorwegian

de Gea has looked quality and very young for a keeper playing regularly.

Szczesny isn't in the top 15 keepers in the Prem from last year, has the potential to be maybe top 12 some day.

Szczesny will be fantastic in a season or two. He has the swagger that great goalies need, and he seems fearless and doesnt break after a mistake.

May 26, 2011, 05:16:04 AM
Reply #18

di_guyo

winding people up? How am i? He could be great but really isn't yet.

Like i said. No better currently than Schezny

szczesny*

and no he isn't. i'm an atletico fan, i watch him a lot...he is far ahead at the moment. potential to be fantastic but he's already a very good keeper...future spain number 1 for sure
Everton & Atleti

May 26, 2011, 06:13:38 AM
Reply #19

Ridge

Szczesny will be fantastic in a season or two. He has the swagger that great goalies need, and he seems fearless and doesnt break after a mistake.
Describing someone as having swagger, seems to me another way of saying he is a cock. I don't think almost any of the great keepers have that 'swagger', they had confidence in their ability rather than arrogance. Most arrogant keepers may recover from mistakes, but it causes a lot of the errors in the first place and we all need a bit of fear.

Szczesny doesn't have the abilities to be a great keeper, no matter how much he thinks he has, or how much of a bellend he is.

May 26, 2011, 01:25:10 PM
Reply #20

ilikebrunettes

im often critised for being star struck on foreign names... looks like its everyone else this time!

Schezny is easily as good as De Gea at the minute. I'd love people to list this mistakes etc that Schezny made last season. I cant think of one to be honest.

Doesn't have the tools to be a top keeper? what apart from being a brilliant shot stopper and extremely commanding?
Murray won't ever win a slam. Mentally not good enough

May 26, 2011, 02:27:59 PM
Reply #21

EFC2302

im often critised for being star struck on foreign names... looks like its everyone else this time!

Schezny is easily as good as De Gea at the minute. I'd love people to list this mistakes etc that Schezny made last season. I cant think of one to be honest.

Doesn't have the tools to be a top keeper? what apart from being a brilliant shot stopper and extremely commanding?

Carling cup final?!?!
Andy Hinchcliffe has a wicked left foot!!!!!  :tongue:

May 26, 2011, 03:49:11 PM
Reply #22

evertonjoe

Spurs vs Arsenal and his constant rash charging out?

R.A.P Music

May 26, 2011, 04:24:06 PM
Reply #23

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Oh my god! Clown!

I honestly don't think you know anything, unless its written on another website/forum. You are obviously saying this Arsenal joker is as good as de Gea off your own opinion, and have been instantly shot down! Try an original thought more often though, it makes you less of a loser. 

May 26, 2011, 05:10:01 PM
Reply #24

Optimistic Blue

you cant take the right out of Kenwright

May 26, 2011, 06:22:30 PM
Reply #25

Ridge

Szczesny is a decent keeper, but he's not a patch on most the top keepers. He's a good shot stopper and commanding in a erratic way, De Gea has much more potential and reliability from what I've seen.

Arsenal should just stump up the money for Buffon this summer, he's not that old for a keeper.

May 26, 2011, 06:43:04 PM
Reply #26

ilikebrunettes

Carling cup final?!?!

that was defo the defenders fault.

and eh conceeded a pen against spurs? oooohhh

maybe you should check out De Geas highlights.

anyway De Gea has denied he is joing United
Murray won't ever win a slam. Mentally not good enough

May 26, 2011, 07:10:00 PM
Reply #27

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Leaning towards ILB on de Gea.

It's a massive step up to make at that age. If he makes mistakes for Atletico they're not as noticeable as they're not challenging at the top where the margins are tighter and the differences between success and failure aren't as exaggerated.

May 26, 2011, 07:48:32 PM
Reply #28

EFC2302

that was defo the defenders fault.

and eh conceeded a pen against spurs? oooohhh

maybe you should check out De Geas highlights.

anyway De Gea has denied he is joing United

It was a joint fuck up IMO
Andy Hinchcliffe has a wicked left foot!!!!!  :tongue:

May 26, 2011, 08:00:15 PM
Reply #29

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
It was a communication failure the Carling Cup, which I usually think is a goal keeper responsibility. Szczesny is alright but he hasn't set the world alight really, he's solid but not really game winning in the same way that top keepers can be. He may end up being a great keeper, but does anyone think he is the finished article? And if not, why would a club like Arsenal use him yet? They can buy better and loan out Szczesny until he is more experienced.

As for De Gea, I've seen nothing of him yet so I look forward to seeing how he does next season. Fergie doesn't always get the keeper signings correct though. What I'd usually say is that experience is a very valuable asset for a keeper though and obviously he doesn't have a great deal of that yet.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 08:03:23 PM by blueToffee »