October 17, 2019, 07:36:59 PM

Author Topic: David de Gea  (Read 13067 times)

June 30, 2011, 03:45:55 PM
Reply #45

Jamokachi

Wenger hasn't got the funds in comparison to Utd. They won't strengthen as well as their competitors, again.

June 30, 2011, 05:01:26 PM
Reply #46

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
If you look at the going rate I think paying 31mill for Young and Jones is shrewd business considering what Liverpool have done to market value, especially the value of young english players- 52mill for Carroll and Henderson

June 30, 2011, 06:37:45 PM
Reply #47

ilikebrunettes

Perhaps but they are unlikely to spend megabucks.  Wenger just doesn't do that (or can't).  They are at least a striker, keeper and defender short.  Will he address that or stick his head in the sand again?

They arent a Keeper short. The Polish lad is easily good enough.

If teh strong rumours are to be believed, they have signed Gervinho and are close to deals for Cahill, Samba and that Alvarez.
Murray won't ever win a slam. Mentally not good enough

June 30, 2011, 06:49:33 PM
Reply #48

Verm

NSNO Subscriber

If teh strong rumours are to be believed, they have signed Gervinho and are close to deals for Cahill, Samba and that Alvarez.

Lille said Arsenal are in talks but haven't made an offer for Gervinho?

I heard Alvarez is as good as done but haven't seen anything linking either Samba or Cahill.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

June 30, 2011, 06:58:56 PM
Reply #49

ilikebrunettes

Gervinho had his medical yesterday by all accounts. Cahill is all over the press twitters today

June 30, 2011, 07:01:41 PM
Reply #50

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
You got a link to that Gervinho medical story, ILB?

June 30, 2011, 07:09:34 PM
Reply #51

ilikebrunettes

its in the French press

June 30, 2011, 07:10:51 PM
Reply #52

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Don't they allow copy and pasting?

Jesus

June 30, 2011, 07:17:54 PM
Reply #53

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Cant find a thing about a medical apart from those joker 'footballtalk' sites.

June 30, 2011, 07:18:44 PM
Reply #54

Silas

NSNO Subscriber

And are these additions enough to win them the league?

June 30, 2011, 07:24:06 PM
Reply #55

Jamokachi

its in the French press

Oh, I'll just pop over and get a copy of L'Equipe now, cheers.

POST A MOTHERFUCKING LINK FOR ABSOLUTE FUCK SAKE!

June 30, 2011, 07:29:31 PM
Reply #56

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Gervinho had his medical yesterday by all accounts. Cahill is all over the press twitters today

It's been dismissed as bollocks. (Gervinho having a medical that is)
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

June 30, 2011, 07:38:25 PM
Reply #57

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

June 30, 2011, 07:58:30 PM
Reply #58

Deano Blue Boy

No need to make up a terrace chant for this poor sod, David The Gayer.

June 30, 2011, 09:01:20 PM
Reply #59

.Rimbo.

But it's not just about "next season", it's about the next few years. Utd have invested in that potential, just as they've done with P. Jones.

I appreciate that but read MGP's comment with more short-termism. I'm sure they'll come good in the future but I don't think it alters next year's title race all that much. I expect Arsenal to do a fair bit of business, as will Chelsea, so it's far too early to say anyone will be bricking it. We're not in July yet! And as has already been mentioned Chelsea have just appointed a new manager so he'll obviously need to take a look at the squad etc before seeing who he needs to sign (not sure how much of a say he'll have in transfers, mind).