April 20, 2018, 04:30:21 AM

Author Topic: Nzogbia  (Read 206996 times)

June 18, 2011, 01:49:57 PM
Reply #30

christiffa25

I think you will find that is coincidence with Fellani being out injured

We don't have a winning mentality when all our top players are fit. We seem to buckle under the presure of being expected to win. Which is why we seem to do better when the chips are down players out injured and not expected to win. Same as when we play the big teams with a full team pressure is off and we perform!

I think we need some players that have that mentality ours all seem to nice. Maybe j Barton might add a bit of that!??

June 18, 2011, 11:09:21 PM
Reply #31

Les Trebilcock

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/newcastle-quoted-3m-inflation-on-everton-target---

See that (the link) - a) Wigan see Newcastle as more of a threat, b) Wigan would actually sell Charlie to us at a loss, and we can't even do a relatively cheapish deal for a very good player that possesses the ability we currently lack. That is the clearest indication yet that we are financially f*cked when it comes to trying to push on.

:'(

« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 11:23:10 PM by Fellaini's pirouette »
You can take that to the bank.

June 18, 2011, 11:19:04 PM
Reply #32

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Playing Devil's Advocate here, but why is he being offered a new improved deal? He has missed a good part of last season, and the season before

Because he's the best DM in the league, and you know nothing about football.

June 18, 2011, 11:20:31 PM
Reply #33

wigster

Because he's the best DM in the league, and you know nothing about football.

spot on mate. that he is. he will go onto to play for top european side
tony scores we riot

June 18, 2011, 11:22:28 PM
Reply #34

evertonjoe

Playing Devil's Advocate here, but why is he being offered a new improved deal? He has missed a good part of last season, and the season before

Because when he has played he has been one of the stand out players in the team.

There has also been a great deal of reported interest from very rich clubs and getting him to sign a new deal is a good way of making sure we don't lose him on free or for less than we should be able to get for him.

R.A.P Music

June 18, 2011, 11:39:32 PM
Reply #35

Connavar

But don't you find it interesting with Fellaini, both times he's been out injured for a long period have coincided with our better form? He is a good player and I like him a lot, but does he suit us? I'm beginning to wonder. Or is it something else?

Using that rationale, he was also out last season during probably one of the worst runs we've had in the Prem since Moyes has been in charge.

June 18, 2011, 11:52:46 PM
Reply #36

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I doubt that Wigan would give us a discount and that that story probably isn't true but it's still very depressing none the less!

June 19, 2011, 12:37:39 AM
Reply #37

evertonjoe

But don't you find it interesting with Fellaini, both times he's been out injured for a long period have coincided with our better form? He is a good player and I like him a lot, but does he suit us? I'm beginning to wonder. Or is it something else?

That's not entirely correct to be honest, in 09/10 we'd been unbeaten for 9 games before Fellaini's injury.

R.A.P Music

June 19, 2011, 12:39:28 AM
Reply #38

Les Trebilcock

I doubt that Wigan would give us a discount and that that story probably isn't true but it's still very depressing none the less!

I always wonder, why is it Evertonians will never take a story that they find somewhat un palatable, that the (given) news item - is always dismissed as 'this or that' - and never taken at face value.

Other (in my opinion) news stories, however (ie the Klose crap - 6887 visits, this forum - page 4), which was never going to get past first-base, can attract thousands of Evertonians actually thinking we may/might have had a chance of completing is just plain cock.

This particular news item (for me) is easily acceptable and some Evertonians need to face the truth of where EFC really stand.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 12:56:55 AM by Fellaini's pirouette »
You can take that to the bank.

June 19, 2011, 05:35:48 PM
Reply #39

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Using that rationale, he was also out last season during probably one of the worst runs we've had in the Prem since Moyes has been in charge.

He was out for the second half of the past two seasons whereby our form has picked up. I'm not saying it's down to him being out, just pointing out I don't think he's as essential as is being made out. He isn't the best dm in the league and he isn't very creative either and rarely scores. He is a solid centre midfielder who has dominated certain games, but is that enough for the vast amount of money we are paying for him?

I think we have to explore all options in generating money on order to buy players in positions we need. And if he isn't interested in signing a contract, we need to establish that asap and then act accordingly and actually learn from history before we let yet another player leave on the cheap.

Rodwell's value is falling by the day imo, so I don't think we're going to get the funds required by his sale, so we have to look at alternatives. It's that simple.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

June 19, 2011, 05:35:49 PM
Reply #40

Connavar

I always wonder, why is it Evertonians will never take a story that they find somewhat un palatable, that the (given) news item - is always dismissed as 'this or that' - and never taken at face value.

Other (in my opinion) news stories, however (ie the Klose crap - 6887 visits, this forum - page 4), which was never going to get past first-base, can attract thousands of Evertonians actually thinking we may/might have had a chance of completing is just plain cock.

This particular news item (for me) is easily acceptable and some Evertonians need to face the truth of where EFC really stand.

Probably because Klose was on a free and actually came to Finch Farm. That gives the story legs. This one? Everyone would love N'Zogbia, but do you really think it's more likely given our financial situation? We have to sell to buy and for all intents and purposes, two of our guaranteed sells this season haven't gone as well as we'd have hoped. Wigan won't wait for ever, if indeed they are waiting at all. But that aside, think about it logically, why would they sell to us for one price but not sell to Newcastle for a larger price? Rivals or not, Wigan aren't exactly rolling in it themselves!

June 19, 2011, 05:37:46 PM
Reply #41

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
That's not entirely correct to be honest, in 09/10 we'd been unbeaten for 9 games before Fellaini's injury.
Fair enough, I hadn't analysed it that closely, but we can live without him if need be.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

June 19, 2011, 08:23:17 PM
Reply #42

Shogun

Administrator
Sky Bet: We've suspended betting on the transfers of Charles N'Zogbia and Alexis Sanchez following significant backing for them at short prices to join Newcastle and Barcelona respectively. See all our Transfer Specials here.

looks like he's going to newcastle then,
said berbatov was favourite to go to newcastle as well :S
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

June 19, 2011, 09:01:49 PM
Reply #43

bluedavey

Looks like Kenny Dalglish best thing happen to Newcastle!

June 19, 2011, 09:12:59 PM
Reply #44

Major Clanger

I think you will find that is coincidence with Fellani being out injured

We don't have a winning mentality when all our top players are fit. We seem to buckle under the presure of being expected to win. Which is why we seem to do better when the chips are down players out injured and not expected to win. Same as when we play the big teams with a full team pressure is off and we perform!

I think we need some players that have that mentality ours all seem to nice. Maybe j Barton might add a bit of that!??

I think that's just an excuse.

We simply lack the players and the tactics to break teams down with our passing game. When we play teams that are more open, we perform better, either because their defences are easier to penetrate or because we switch to a more direct approach that suits us better.

Credit to Moyes that he's been trying to move us in a direction of more passing and possession but we simply haven't got the personnel and he hasn't got the tactical acumen to make it work against packed defences. Mind you, even Arsenal, who have been practising nothing else for years struggle quite often.

But both Barton and Zoggy would help us get closer to that goal.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel