January 18, 2018, 05:57:09 PM

Author Topic: Nzogbia  (Read 198085 times)

June 19, 2011, 10:18:28 PM
Reply #60

Les Trebilcock

Probably because Klose was on a free and actually came to Finch Farm. That gives the story legs. This one? Everyone would love N'Zogbia, but do you really think it's more likely given our financial situation? We have to sell to buy and for all intents and purposes, two of our guaranteed sells this season haven't gone as well as we'd have hoped. Wigan won't wait for ever, if indeed they are waiting at all. But that aside, think about it logically, why would they sell to us for one price but not sell to Newcastle for a larger price? Rivals or not, Wigan aren't exactly rolling in it themselves!

Conn', you have put a very good 'other side of the coin' together there, fella' - and my only response is this :-

Our way (EFC's) that we have to do our business, because of the financial situation, really can be a depressing subject. I think I can safely say that we all know what players, or type of players, we do need to make us better. So, when a player of N'Zogbia's calibre becomes available, who you would think is definately getable (we're not talking telephone numbers regarding price) and I read that particular link - I have to be honest, in my house it's a good idea for my family to hide all the razor-blades away from me because I see no chang of light at the end of a very dark tunnel.

:(

« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 10:28:05 PM by Fellaini's pirouette »
You can take that to the bank.

June 19, 2011, 10:18:31 PM
Reply #61

jongre123

Sylvain Marveaux and Yohan Cabaye

he's crap.

June 19, 2011, 10:20:52 PM
Reply #62

pedrotheblue

Can you shed some light on the exact reasoning behind this belief?

Moyes!

June 19, 2011, 10:23:24 PM
Reply #63

evertonjoe

Barton, N'Zogbia, Ba, Gutierrez.

Anyway, we are ten times the club Man City are, yet they will play in the CL next season while we try not to get knocked out by a League One team from the League Cup.

Give me an actual, tangible reason why we should always finish ahead of Newcastle while they buy players and our squad is slowly but steadily disintegrating, not some made up sentimental shit.

Let's be honest putting N'Zogbia as a Newcastle player is just a bit stupid, at least if you're not trying to be facetious.

As for Gutierrez I don't believe he would get into our team as he is extremely average and is at beast a headless chicken.

Barton, Ba and Ben Arfa most likely would get into our team and it's probably fair to say that Marveaux  and Cabaye would stand a very good chance of making it into our starting eleven as well.

There's no real  'tangible' reason for why we should finish above Newcastle other than the fact that we have greater stability (especially manager wise). If Newcastle were to invest the Andy Carrol money wisely they'd have no excuse what so ever for finishing below us.

R.A.P Music

June 19, 2011, 10:42:38 PM
Reply #64

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Barton, N'Zogbia, Ba, Gutierrez.

Anyway, we are ten times the club Man City are, yet they will play in the CL next season while we try not to get knocked out by a League One team from the League Cup.

Give me an actual, tangible reason why we should always finish ahead of Newcastle while they buy players and our squad is slowly but steadily disintegrating, not some made up sentimental shit.
Is Ba better than Saha, no

N'Zogbia plays for Wigan

Barton maybe on the right but no chance in the middle

and Gutierrez just fuck off are you messing

We will finish above Newcastle as we have a board that wont sack Moyes if we get off to a bad start. Soon as it goes tits up at Newcastle it goes absolutley fucking mental.

And if we do end up selling Felliani or Baines, Moyes will then have 25 mil to strengthen what is already a good team, and buy the 20 goal a season striker we are crying out for.

June 19, 2011, 10:55:10 PM
Reply #65

Les Trebilcock

And if we do end up selling Felliani or Baines,

Ramster, I know you're not suggesting this but in my opinion, if Fellaini or Leighton Baines (or both) are sold in this current summer window - the vibes, or ramifications of the sale(s) would be calamitous. Baines, in particular, in my opinion, is on par with Danny Alves (I know Alves is a right-back) as the best full-back in world football.

You can take that to the bank.

June 19, 2011, 10:56:14 PM
Reply #66

Major Clanger

Is Ba better than Saha, no

We tried to sign him, therefore he'd get into our team.

N'Zogbia plays for Wigan

This conversation started from why people whinge when he signs for Newcastle. So he is.

Barton maybe on the right but no chance in the middle

We have Neville and Heitinga play in the middle regularly. Is he worse than them? Is he the fuck. If they have a place in CM, so would Barton.

and Gutierrez just fuck off are you messing

Obviously I expect you to list the names of left wingers in our team who are better than him.

But I almost missed the clincher, the ultimate proof of your utter delusion: you say that if we sell Baines, Moyes would have 25m to strengthen the squad. If we sell Baines, we're fucked. Not just a little bit fucked, we'd be royally fucked. Baines is the single most important player at our club, as not only is he our only reliable plan in attack, he's also the only left back we have in our squad. In every other position we have some sort of cover, even if it's Tony Hibbert, but in Baines' position we have literally nobody.

So if we sell Baines, Moyes would have 25m not to strengthen the squad, but just to avoid weakening it too much.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 11:00:54 PM by Major Clanger »
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

June 19, 2011, 11:08:30 PM
Reply #67

JoeHart

nzogbia is class, would love to see us with a proper winger.
Everton forever

June 19, 2011, 11:38:18 PM
Reply #68

bluedavey

Got to agree with Clanger completely
 and to make matters worse Moyes wouldn't even get the whole 25million if we sold Baines.

June 19, 2011, 11:39:14 PM
Reply #69

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
We tried to sign him, therefore he'd get into our team.

This conversation started from why people whinge when he signs for Newcastle. So he is.

We have Neville and Heitinga play in the middle regularly. Is he worse than them? Is he the fuck. If they have a place in CM, so would Barton.

Obviously I expect you to list the names of left wingers in our team who are better than him.

But I almost missed the clincher, the ultimate proof of your utter delusion: you say that if we sell Baines, Moyes would have 25m to strengthen the squad. If we sell Baines, we're fucked. Not just a little bit fucked, we'd be royally fucked. Baines is the single most important player at our club, as not only is he our only reliable plan in attack, he's also the only left back we have in our squad. In every other position we have some sort of cover, even if it's Tony Hibbert, but in Baines' position we have literally nobody.

So if we sell Baines, Moyes would have 25m not to strengthen the squad, but just to avoid weakening it too much.

I actually agree when it comes to Baines that stats speak for themselves when it comes to how vital he is to our team. My argument is would any Newcastle players get into our best eleven. And I still think no. Neville and Heitinga do not play in the middle regulary only when we have injuries,I take Saha over Ba, and despite us having no natural left wingers I would still say Arteta is a better bet than Jonas when played on the left.

June 19, 2011, 11:41:12 PM
Reply #70

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Got to agree with Clanger completely
 and to make matters worse Moyes wouldn't even get the whole 25million if we sold Baines.

how many times do I have to remind people that Moyes has always got 100% of the money made from selling players. Do you have any sources,quotes,facts that suggest this season will be different?

June 19, 2011, 11:54:50 PM
Reply #71

Gray90

how many times do I have to remind people that Moyes has always got 100% of the money made from selling players. Do you have any sources,quotes,facts that suggest this season will be different?

Elstone suggested this might not be the case at the fans forum.

June 20, 2011, 12:02:45 AM
Reply #72

nomorechang

RIP

How many times do you have to be told that Robert Elstone , CEO told a room full of witnesses that Moyes would NOT  receive the full amount of any money raised from incoming transfers, You are the only person stupid enough to dispute this fact
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

June 20, 2011, 12:20:38 AM
Reply #73

CarlosAlberto

I am sure someone mentioned on here the other week that Moyes was negotiating with Kenwright to get 80% of all money raised by transfers, whereas BK wanted to give him 70%.

The whole situation sucks. Viva la revolution!

June 20, 2011, 12:23:53 AM
Reply #74

Bily No Pace

How many times do you have to be told that Robert Elstone , CEO told a room full of witnesses that Moyes would NOT  receive the full amount of any money raised from incoming transfers, You are the only person stupid enough to dispute this fact

Hang on a minute, it was the fans conference and when asked he said it was too early to know. He did indicate that it MIGHT be the case but at no point did he way Moyes would not receive the full transfer amount and then said he would do everything in his power to help David! You can listen for yourself, instead of listening to hearsay, at around 18 mins:

http://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2011/04/elstone-answers-questions-at-the-everton-fans%E2%80%99-conference-full-audio/

Talk about twisting things to suit your appropriate lack of respect !! By the way, he is not the only person 'stupid' enough to dispute it, in fact I dispute the claim too, am I stupid? I think you need to get off your pedestal.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 12:27:34 AM by Bily No Pace »
Bily No Pace has no signature