December 10, 2018, 08:56:29 PM

Author Topic: Nzogbia  (Read 223975 times)

June 16, 2011, 01:55:46 AM
Read 223975 times

Connavar

But Moyes had/has the Pienaar money to spend...

June 18, 2011, 11:39:32 PM
Reply #1

Connavar

But don't you find it interesting with Fellaini, both times he's been out injured for a long period have coincided with our better form? He is a good player and I like him a lot, but does he suit us? I'm beginning to wonder. Or is it something else?

Using that rationale, he was also out last season during probably one of the worst runs we've had in the Prem since Moyes has been in charge.

June 19, 2011, 05:35:49 PM
Reply #2

Connavar

I always wonder, why is it Evertonians will never take a story that they find somewhat un palatable, that the (given) news item - is always dismissed as 'this or that' - and never taken at face value.

Other (in my opinion) news stories, however (ie the Klose crap - 6887 visits, this forum - page 4), which was never going to get past first-base, can attract thousands of Evertonians actually thinking we may/might have had a chance of completing is just plain cock.

This particular news item (for me) is easily acceptable and some Evertonians need to face the truth of where EFC really stand.

Probably because Klose was on a free and actually came to Finch Farm. That gives the story legs. This one? Everyone would love N'Zogbia, but do you really think it's more likely given our financial situation? We have to sell to buy and for all intents and purposes, two of our guaranteed sells this season haven't gone as well as we'd have hoped. Wigan won't wait for ever, if indeed they are waiting at all. But that aside, think about it logically, why would they sell to us for one price but not sell to Newcastle for a larger price? Rivals or not, Wigan aren't exactly rolling in it themselves!

June 19, 2011, 09:42:39 PM
Reply #3

Connavar

He was out for the second half of the past two seasons whereby our form has picked up. I'm not saying it's down to him being out, just pointing out I don't think he's as essential as is being made out. He isn't the best dm in the league and he isn't very creative either and rarely scores. He is a solid centre midfielder who has dominated certain games, but is that enough for the vast amount of money we are paying for him?

I think we have to explore all options in generating money on order to buy players in positions we need. And if he isn't interested in signing a contract, we need to establish that asap and then act accordingly and actually learn from history before we let yet another player leave on the cheap.

Rodwell's value is falling by the day imo, so I don't think we're going to get the funds required by his sale, so we have to look at alternatives. It's that simple.

quite right, no one is bigger than the club, but two things. Firstly, I understand that Football is a game of buying and selling. It always has it always will. Better players than Rodwell and Fellaini have and will come and go. That's the nature of the game. What I don't like or agree with is the idea that this club is some sort of stepping stone for their future. I want Rodwell, Fellaini and any other bright young stars to come to Everton and feel that this is the Club that they can achieve what they wish in the career. At the moment, unless underachieving and being the perennial underdog is all they aspire to be, then we'll never be in a position to offer that and quite frankly I don't want that kind of player at Everton. That being said, every player has a price and we do need to figure out what is best for the club. As much as it galls me, selling the likes of Rodwell and Fellaini has been something I've been prepared for, for a very long time. I expected one to leave. Both if our finances were in a worse way than expected. If that happens, Rodwell is the ideal player that ticks all the boxes. Despite what anyone thinks about his value, with the current trend of young English transfers i wouldn't entertain anything less than 15m. In this day and age when football seems to be obsessed with profit and loss figures, that would show a massive positive figure, which we couldn't dream of getting unless we sold Fellaini for over 30m, which I think we can all agree isn't going to happen.

June 20, 2011, 05:25:34 PM
Reply #4

Connavar

Absolutely ridiculous. And all because despite the sales of Steven Pienaar and James Vaughan, and the loan fees received for Yakubu in January, the Sky TV money and the selling of Bellefield all received over the last 12 months, we couldn't find £4.5m as a down payment?

I'd love to say i'm surprised, but i'm not, and the fact that the team we could be loosing out to is a team that 6 months ago were basically in administration, but have spent in excess of £50m since January, only finished a place above us in the league and are our local rivals galls me.

Whilst we have a board and the majority of fans have no ambition, this is the best we're going to get in the near future i'm afraid.

July 25, 2011, 06:58:18 AM
Reply #5

Connavar

A block button? That just negates the point of a forum. Agree with people or not, blocking their opinions is just ignorant. There was another person on here a while back that used to do that. He turned out to be one of the biggest douchebags that's ever posted on here. Don't fall into his trap.

July 25, 2011, 05:46:15 PM
Reply #6

Connavar

Did we ever actually have any evidence that we were in for him in the first place? People need to wind their necks in and get a grip.

It was widely reported that we were his preferred option. When asked at the Bury game about the possibilty of signing N'Zogbia, Moyes replied "I wish". That may be proof enough, but there is no smoke without fire, and N'Zogbia has been linked with us for too long in the rags for it to just be speculation.