November 22, 2017, 03:32:05 AM

Author Topic: Unrest at L4?  (Read 3612 times)

January 25, 2010, 12:28:28 AM
Read 3612 times

.Rimbo.

What's all this I've seen about unrest at Goodison Park? I'm sure I read something on here about Saha and Yobo being in a mood with Moyes but I can't find it now. What's that about?

I did see Saha fucked off straight down the tunnel yesterday for some reason. I don't think he actually played too badly given the scraps he had to work with and would be dev'd if he went, Yobo I'm not arsed about.

deCoubertin

January 25, 2010, 12:30:34 AM
Reply #1

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Fucking great..
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

January 25, 2010, 12:31:38 AM
Reply #2

Frantic

Fucking great..

Lol please don't kill yourself mate :P

January 25, 2010, 12:32:59 AM
Reply #3

.Rimbo.

It certainly fuels the fire though of Saha leaving, Vermillion. I would be absolutely gutted. Surely he's earned a good contract after this season. The lad's fuckin' gold.

I was thinking the other day, though, could we sell Yobocop in the summer? Get about £10 million? In the summer, we'll have Heitinga, Jagielka, Distin and maybe Kilgallon/Senderos? I can't see Yobo being first choice when we have them options, especially with Duffy and Mustafi coming on.

We need the money desperately and there lies a player who we could get a lot of money for, considering his actual value to the squad.

January 25, 2010, 12:35:03 AM
Reply #4

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
I'd sell Yobo but we'd be very lucky to get anything close to £10m. I could see Rodwell leaving this summer aswell (not that I want him to). So if we're lucky there's about £25m we could possibly raise from sales.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

January 25, 2010, 12:36:53 AM
Reply #5

.Rimbo.

If you think Lescott went for £24million and Toure went for £16 million though mate, granted that's City, Yobo's not that bad a defender. He's still only 29, bags of PL experience, fair bit of European and International captain...I think £8million minimum, £12 million maximum. He's a high earner though as well and we need to clear the wage bill for Pienaar/Saha.

Granted, if we could only get £4 million for him, is it worth selling him? Don't think so.

January 25, 2010, 12:39:20 AM
Reply #6

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
I'd just like to hope that any sales happen early, we're truly going to be up against it next season. With the way Villa/Spurs and City are coming on I'd like to think we would put even more focus on the Carling and FA cups, they could be our only chance of Europe in the coming seasons.

January 25, 2010, 12:41:54 AM
Reply #7

.Rimbo.

I'd just like to hope that any sales happen early, we're truly going to be up against it next season. With the way Villa/Spurs and City are coming on I'd like to think we would put even more focus on the Carling and FA cups, they could be our only chance of Europe in the coming seasons.

Honestly, I, for some reason, think the well may have run dry at Spurs (finally) and Villa. It seems that City are the only team with money anymore. Everyone else seems to be fucked and having to sell before they can buy.

Apparently, if United hadn't have sold Ronaldo they would've lost £32 million last year. And their squad is pretty shite these days if you look at it. Forget City, Liverpool and United will be in trouble next year!

January 25, 2010, 12:42:06 AM
Reply #8

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
What if we continue with these odd uninterested performances, don't get top 6/7 and then someone like City or even Chelsea comes in for Fellaini? Wouldn't blame him for wanting to leave.

January 25, 2010, 12:44:57 AM
Reply #9

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
If Chelsea come in for Fellaini, there is very little you can do. I would hope Fellaini sees Lescott at City and thinks no way.

January 25, 2010, 12:45:43 AM
Reply #10

.Rimbo.

It's possible, I agree. I think we will get Europe.

Maybe it was just complacency or something yesterday, I don't know. Senderos coming in should add an extra spark to us and give us some sort of boost.

I would consider dropping Distin for him in the next few weeks (when his fitness gets up) because Distin looked shocking yesterday. His aerial ability is apparently one of his main strengths and the amount of times he was losing headers and misjudging the ball's flight was shocking!

January 25, 2010, 12:46:15 AM
Reply #11

Derek

Aye, but providing the bastards pay so much for them it makes them gag a little, I wouldn't complain too much.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

January 25, 2010, 12:50:05 AM
Reply #12

Gareth

It certainly fuels the fire though of Saha leaving, Vermillion. I would be absolutely gutted. Surely he's earned a good contract after this season. The lad's fuckin' gold.

I was thinking the other day, though, could we sell Yobocop in the summer? Get about £10 million? In the summer, we'll have Heitinga, Jagielka, Distin and maybe Kilgallon/Senderos? I can't see Yobo being first choice when we have them options, especially with Duffy and Mustafi coming on.

We need the money desperately and there lies a player who we could get a lot of money for, considering his actual value to the squad.

Kilgallons gone to Sunderland this week mate. £2mill.

January 25, 2010, 12:50:36 AM
Reply #13

.Rimbo.

Ah right. Fairy muff!

January 25, 2010, 02:58:34 PM
Reply #14

fast lane

I can't see anyone paying more than 5m for Joseph Yobo.
As for what this thread is alluding to, no idea.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)