November 19, 2017, 06:36:51 PM

Author Topic: Fellaini's Marseille Roulette  (Read 2896 times)

January 25, 2010, 02:18:03 AM
Read 2896 times

.Rimbo.

Just been on EvertonTV and that actually has it's own video! Along with all the goals and highlights, is Fellaini's skill lolol

But, bit of perspective here, just watched Ossie's goal back from yesterday and it's a really good goal. Just want to point out Baines' skill, though, although he didn't have a great game that flick was excellent to beat the defender sliding in. Seriously, watch it back.

deCoubertin

January 25, 2010, 02:20:20 AM
Reply #1

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Ossie doesn't get enough respect for the things he can do with a ball.  He is probably the most skillful footballer we have with the ball at his feet.  He just drifts in and out of games too often.

Great skill by Baines and I feel for the lad at the minute.  He is a great defender in really bad form. 

January 25, 2010, 02:39:40 AM
Reply #2

DannyR

Ossie doesn't get enough respect for the things he can do with a ball.  He is probably the most skillful footballer we have with the ball at his feet.  He just drifts in and out of games too often.

Great skill by Baines and I feel for the lad at the minute.  He is a great defender in really bad form. 
Pienaar?!?!?! Arteta (when fit)
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

January 25, 2010, 02:49:02 AM
Reply #3

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Pienaar?!?!?! Arteta (when fit)

Running with the ball Pienaar or Arteta can but I do think Osman can do more with the ball out of nothing than anyone in the team.  Especially were the goal is concerned.  He is probably the most underrated footballer in the league in that respect.

January 25, 2010, 05:15:15 AM
Reply #4

.Rimbo.

I don't agree BaronGreenBack. In terms of ability, Arteta is the best player we have. The touch, the control, awareness, vision, passing range...the list goes on. It was great to see him back.

Baines' flick though was top, top class.

January 25, 2010, 06:07:44 AM
Reply #5

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I don't agree BaronGreenBack. In terms of ability, Arteta is the best player we have. The touch, the control, awareness, vision, passing range...the list goes on. It was great to see him back.

Baines' flick though was top, top class.

Arteta is undoubtedly the total footballer. There is no argument about that. I am just saying in one aspect osman is superb

January 25, 2010, 07:31:35 AM
Reply #6

Echoance

Not sure about the "most skilful" tag but Ozzie is certainly up there. A lot of what he does is so subtle and/or quick that it's easy to miss. I really like him. I think he'd be best-employed as either the top of a diamond or at the defensive end. (He's also got all the attributes of a good sweeper!!) You'd definitely want him in your 5-a-side team!!  :) Incidentally, if you watch Pienaar's goal against Arsenal, it's Ozzy who had the presence of mind-and skill-to play it out to Cahill; others may have just given it the ol' hoof.  (I'm sure it was Ozzy :S )

Regarding Birmingham, I'm curious as to why the idiot sliding in wasn't sent off. Had Baines not jumped, he could well have lost his legs. Fantastic bit of skill by him, tho.  :thumbsup:

January 25, 2010, 07:48:50 AM
Reply #7

.Rimbo.

Arteta is undoubtedly the total footballer. There is no argument about that. I am just saying in one aspect osman is superb

That's the problem, though. He needs more than one or two aspects. There's no point being excellent in one aspect if you're atrocious in another four/five. The best footballers are those who are good in the most aspects.

January 25, 2010, 08:20:18 AM
Reply #8

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
That's the problem, though. He needs more than one or two aspects. There's no point being excellent in one aspect if you're atrocious in another four/five. The best footballers are those who are good in the most aspects.

I think we are agreeing tbh. Osman is a good rather than great midfielder because of his weaknesses. The argument has always been does his strengthes outweigh his weaknesses which for me they do

January 25, 2010, 02:45:47 PM
Reply #9

Derek

He just needs to be employed in such a fashion that he has the chance to use his skills to maximum effect but no such room for his weaknesses to be exploited.

He's great with the ball though, I agree.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

January 25, 2010, 02:51:35 PM
Reply #10

Dr. Sponge

Yeah Osman's technique is first class, especially for an Englishman. Pity he's a little lightweight and/or doesn't have any pace, or he'd be a top player. I wouldn't sell him, good squad player, and not many others in our squad can score the kind of goal like he did against Brum.