November 24, 2017, 11:55:25 AM

Author Topic: Tim Howard Last Night...  (Read 3473 times)

January 29, 2010, 01:37:11 AM
Reply #15

.Rimbo.

Too bad his kicking was shite! I'm nitpicking, I know, but fans get on other peoples back when we kick it long and don't hit a blue shirt. Howard did it all night last night.

Granted, he's not accurate with it a lot of the time but seldom does he mishit a kick. Watch him next game, every time someone plays an awkward ball back to him he almost always makes a true contact.

deCoubertin

January 29, 2010, 01:43:17 AM
Reply #16

bloody scally

Granted, he's not accurate with it a lot of the time but seldom does he mishit a kick. Watch him next game, every time someone plays an awkward ball back to him he almost always makes a true contact.

I noticed that, but recently when closed down he's leaving his kicks later and later making me worry that the striker is gonna get him.

January 29, 2010, 01:53:11 AM
Reply #17

evertonjoe

Tim Howard isright up there for our player of the season imo. He's being on awesome form for a while now and along with Fellaini, Pienaar, Heitinga and Saha it's turning into an interesting battle for that particular accolade. The fact we have so many players competing for it can only be a good thing

R.A.P Music

January 29, 2010, 02:02:01 AM
Reply #18

Endless, Nameless

That's something I've noticed as well. He is very composed.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

January 29, 2010, 02:08:12 AM
Reply #19

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Howard is excellent this season.  He has been consistent all season and is pulling off top drawer saves as well.  For me he is absolute class in terms of command of his box and coming for crosses too.  Not seen a keeper so commanding since Nev and for me their is no bigger accolade that.  Nige was a better shot stopper but Howard's all round game has improved so much he is maybe a little better and he has years with us yet.  Good times!

January 29, 2010, 06:32:33 AM
Reply #20

Connavar

Not questioning that. Just comparing the attitude of some of the fans for example when the likes of Distin, Neville, Hibbo etc resort to hoofing it up, you get the generic moan and groan from most of the Goodison faithful, but when Howard hoof's it up, which 90% fails to hit a blue head (in my opinion), nothing is uttered.

I love T How though, and like i say, i'm just nitpicking!

January 29, 2010, 06:38:49 AM
Reply #21

toffee_scot

Tim has been one of our most consistent players since he joined us, rarely makes serious mistakes. He was the reason the score stayed at 2-0 on Wednesday.