November 24, 2017, 03:29:42 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Liverpool  (Read 43656 times)

October 02, 2011, 03:41:11 PM
Reply #375

fast lane

I can not believe the derby isn't on 1st and I'm in even more disbelief that the City and United games are on ahead!  They better give a lot of fucking time to it!

I was surprised too, I was away yesterday, so I had no idea what had gone on, and just watched the replay of MOTD blissfully unaware of what had gone on.

I was just as shocked as everybody else about the sending off.
Atkinson had to be the worst man on the putch, as he got other decisions horribly wrong too (Hibbert on Adam..)

Unfortunately the sending off was pivotal.
They did get a lot of space on our right side I noticed, from where their first goal came from.
I won't even mention the second, well, I'll leave it as a freaky one-off mix-up.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

October 02, 2011, 03:45:49 PM
Reply #376

fast lane

How much of a prick is Dogleash ?

Actually, I think he deserves credit in trying to diffuse the situation.
Everybody knows the situation post-Heizel has deteriorated tremendously, and buffoons like Benitez had no understanding of the situation at all.
Here was finally a Liverpool manager who went about things in a better way.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

October 02, 2011, 03:52:57 PM
Reply #377

BigWoodenSpoon

Unlucky with the sending off lads, I would have liked to have seen a match with 11 vs 11.  Not the same bleating about it when someone has been sent off.  There were other tackles that seem to be a lot worse than the sending off.

Did anyone else thought it lacked the urgency of other Derby's?  Not sure whether it was the weather or not but there didn't seem to be the high tempo of other games.  But maybe that was the tempo they were going for.

Any judgment on the match wouldn't be a true reflection on the teams.  You could say Everton didn't offer much in attack but then again what team is after going a man down with only 20 minutes gone.  Thought Liverpool could have offered a lot more, but I'm just happy with the result.

Didn't like to see bottles and coins thrown at our players, and rightly said by some of the fans on this forum that it was wrong.  there's no place for that anywhere.

As I said, unlucky lads.  Good showing from Everton and did well to cope as they did. See you for the return leg!