October 16, 2019, 05:20:16 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Liverpool  (Read 62124 times)

September 28, 2011, 07:13:31 PM
Read 62124 times

BigWoodenSpoon

Suarez to be sent off for a crafty hair pull on Fellinininini.

Tough one to call though, but I just see us edging it by the one goal.  Sorry guys.

If you hound us down I reckon that's where we'll enter panic mode and flunk our lines.

September 28, 2011, 11:32:54 PM
Reply #1

BigWoodenSpoon

If we go at them from the whistle with a packed goodison in full voice then I reckon we'll win and look reasonably comfortable.

If we approach it the way we usually approach games and even stick Cahill up front, they'll destroy us.

Ithink that's the best way to go about it, like Spurs did. We were never at the raced at that game. If you go behind the fans could get restless and not get behind the team. Go ahead, and the fans will be delirious and Everton will have the wind in their sails

I'm getting nervous just thinking about it. Mr Gerrard could have a big day in this match.

October 02, 2011, 03:52:57 PM
Reply #2

BigWoodenSpoon

Unlucky with the sending off lads, I would have liked to have seen a match with 11 vs 11.  Not the same bleating about it when someone has been sent off.  There were other tackles that seem to be a lot worse than the sending off.

Did anyone else thought it lacked the urgency of other Derby's?  Not sure whether it was the weather or not but there didn't seem to be the high tempo of other games.  But maybe that was the tempo they were going for.

Any judgment on the match wouldn't be a true reflection on the teams.  You could say Everton didn't offer much in attack but then again what team is after going a man down with only 20 minutes gone.  Thought Liverpool could have offered a lot more, but I'm just happy with the result.

Didn't like to see bottles and coins thrown at our players, and rightly said by some of the fans on this forum that it was wrong.  there's no place for that anywhere.

As I said, unlucky lads.  Good showing from Everton and did well to cope as they did. See you for the return leg!