October 18, 2019, 01:55:19 PM

Author Topic: Champs League  (Read 12149 times)

September 28, 2011, 04:00:46 AM
Reply #45

Gumpinio

Its hardly fair to draw any real conclusions when Bayern are probably in their best form ever, think its now played 10, won 10, 10 clean sheets, 28 goals.
"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

September 28, 2011, 04:06:49 AM
Reply #46

nomorechang

RIP
Geoff Shreeves said that during the game Tevez refused to warm up, Dzeko was exchanging heated words with Mancini after coming off and Zabaletta had to be calmed down by Platt.  Thats all without Balotelli even getting a mention.

Mercenaries , fantastic players who'll turn you over when they feel like doing so but when they face players like Ribery , Muller , Gomez , Schweinstieger they shit out . ... plus they never had the ref playing for them tonight , makes a difference doesnt it ?
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

September 28, 2011, 04:06:54 AM
Reply #47

ilikebrunettes

love how this Phil Jones is slipping under the radar...

since he has been in Uniteds back line... their defence has been utterly dreadful!!

But hey... great young player and find from fergie
Murray won't ever win a slam. Mentally not good enough

September 28, 2011, 04:08:34 AM
Reply #48

nomorechang

RIP

Put out my strongest team, give them a good talking too. Get the tactics spot on. Grab my Quraan and start praying.

Ah yeah , but what if youre an atheist like me ? ...... got yer there havent I  :snigger:
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

September 28, 2011, 04:10:17 AM
Reply #49

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Ah yeah , but what if youre an atheist like me ? ...... got yer there havent I  :snigger:

Not really mate, then you don't have a hope, at least I have a hope. You will just be hoping to keep the score under 5-0
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

September 28, 2011, 04:12:50 AM
Reply #50

nomorechang

RIP
you don't have a hope, at least I have a hope. You will just be hoping

Isn't that a contradiction ?
Alan Ball

September 28, 2011, 04:15:35 AM
Reply #51

Haile GAZrselassie

Its hardly fair to draw any real conclusions when Bayern are probably in their best form ever, think its now played 10, won 10, 10 clean sheets, 28 goals.

What?

These are the teams you play in the CL.

What are you saying? UEFA should instruct Bayern to play with 9 men or a goal handicap to make things fair?

City have spent nearly half a billion quid to try to make things as unfair as possible, looks like they're shit out.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

September 28, 2011, 04:18:04 AM
Reply #52

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Isn't that a contradiction ?

What is life without contradiction?
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

September 28, 2011, 04:18:35 AM
Reply #53

Gumpinio

What?

These are the teams you play in the CL.

What are you saying? UEFA should instruct Bayern to play with 9 men or a goal handicap to make things fair?

City have spent nearly half a billion quid to try to make things as unfair as possible, looks like they're shit out.

I am saying Bayern beat City 2-0 with when they're in their best form ever therefore the premier League is clearly horse shit is hardly fair.
"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

September 28, 2011, 04:19:16 AM
Reply #54

Amata

This just gets better

Roberto Mancini on Carlos Tevez after the Argentine refused to come off the bench tonight: "He's finished with me, with me he's finished."

More from Mancini on Tevez: "Can you imagine a Bayern Munich, Milan or man U player doing this?" And on Edin Dzeko, who reacted angrily after being brought off: "He had a poor game. In terms of being unhappy, it should be me, not him. This is the last time with me a player will do this."

The thing is Roberto, the players would not do that at any of these clubs as the managers and the clubs command respect and players actually have a desire to play for these clubs.
All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind

September 28, 2011, 04:21:24 AM
Reply #55

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
love how this Phil Jones is slipping under the radar...

since he has been in Uniteds back line... their defence has been utterly dreadful!!

But hey... great young player and find from fergie

Haven't they also been playing Carrick as a centre half and Valencia at right back for the odd game?

hardly fair to solely blame the young lad.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

September 28, 2011, 04:25:34 AM
Reply #56

Haile GAZrselassie

I am saying Bayern beat City 2-0 with when they're in their best form ever therefore the premier League is clearly horse shit is hardly fair.

No one's saying the PL is horse shit mate. Just that Bayern are a shit load better than City, despite the money they've spent to try to reverse this.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

September 28, 2011, 04:26:14 AM
Reply #57

Gash

Global Moderator
This just gets better

Roberto Mancini on Carlos Tevez after the Argentine refused to come off the bench tonight: "He's finished with me, with me he's finished."

More from Mancini on Tevez: "Can you imagine a Bayern Munich, Milan or man U player doing this?" And on Edin Dzeko, who reacted angrily after being brought off: "He had a poor game. In terms of being unhappy, it should be me, not him. This is the last time with me a player will do this."

The thing is Roberto, the players would not do that at any of these clubs as the managers and the clubs command respect and players actually have a desire to play for these clubs.

I've got to agree with Mancini. Disgraceful behaviour from any player, let alone when your being paid massively to do your job and the manager is asking you to do that job.

There's a reason Ferguson didn't want him. he command respect, but I'm pretty sure none of this will come as a surprise to SAF.

There's also a reason no one else came in for Tevez in the summer and it's not just money. He's a great player but he also nothing but trouble. Not many managers are going to pay that kind of money for someone that is getting a history of spitting the dummy out.

September 28, 2011, 04:27:51 AM
Reply #58

Gash

Global Moderator
No one's saying the PL is horse shit mate.

Except ILB.

September 28, 2011, 04:33:35 AM
Reply #59

Ridge

City were woeful, they set up to attack for the first 30 mins, then throw the game after that, without even trying to score.

Bayern were lucky to have such a useless opponent, they would have been mullered on a cold night at the Britannia with that performance.