October 19, 2019, 09:22:01 PM

Author Topic: I wish Italian football was still on channel 4  (Read 13007 times)

October 17, 2011, 03:41:57 AM
Reply #15

Deano Blue Boy

http://ghostgoal.co.uk/2011/10/05/whats-the-truth-about-serie-a/

Sam Wallace (The Independent): “You go to Stoke, they’ve got an identity. You go to Bolton and that club’s got an identity. When I watch Serie A you don’t feel that so much about the smaller clubs there.”

What the fuck does Sam Wallace know about smaller clubs identity in Italy the ignorant cunt.

October 17, 2011, 04:03:20 AM
Reply #16

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Sam Wallace (The Independent): “You go to Stoke, they’ve got an identity. You go to Bolton and that club’s got an identity. When I watch Serie A you don’t feel that so much about the smaller clubs there.”

I believe Sam Wallace never tried to discuss his views with the ultras of Lecce, Napoli or Catania. He would be quoted as "the late Sam Wallace (The Independent)" then.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

October 17, 2011, 04:13:50 AM
Reply #17

Deano Blue Boy

I believe Sam Wallace never tried to discuss his views with the ultras of Lecce, Napoli or Catania. He would be quoted as "the late Sam Wallace (The Independent)" then.

I don't even know the guy myself, but I'd be happy to sponsor him to go and speak to them.

October 17, 2011, 04:34:52 AM
Reply #18

JoeHart

as someone who works with 2 italian lads, i can confirm the state of serie A currently is meant to be the worst its been in 30 years.

but, as someone earlier stated, there are signs its on its way back - albeit a while off.

any chance of those osman to palmero rumours again?
Everton forever

October 17, 2011, 04:42:09 AM
Reply #19

Haile GAZrselassie

Italian team and the club teams all set out to play football when they have possession.

No chance of that happening regarding Portugal. Barring Benfica, Porto and maybe Lisbon, the teams are pretty much average at best.

Benfica are one of the best teams in europe just now.

Porto and Braga competed for the Uefa Cup final last season, Portuguese football is definitely on the up. The complete opposite is happening in Italy.

Im not one for comparing the lesser lights in each league as nobody really knows due to none of the likes of Chievo, Reggina and Victoria Setubal, Rio Park Ave ever competing with one another in europe.

It doesn't really matter what either of us thinks of course, but if Portuguese sides co efficients start topping Italians, the CL places are divvied up accordingly.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

October 17, 2011, 05:09:40 AM
Reply #20

Danny

Havn't Italy already lost their extra CL place for next season to Germany?

October 17, 2011, 06:06:43 AM
Reply #21

Haile GAZrselassie

Well since Milan will win the CL this season, whilst Benfica crash and burn, the CL places will stay as they are.

Drunk posting FTW.

October 17, 2011, 11:17:03 AM
Reply #22

Sensei

No wonder Klose is starting to score again.

October 17, 2011, 12:29:22 PM
Reply #23

.Rimbo.

Benfica are one of the best teams in europe just now.

Porto and Braga competed for the Uefa Cup final last season, Portuguese football is definitely on the up. The complete opposite is happening in Italy.

Im not one for comparing the lesser lights in each league as nobody really knows due to none of the likes of Chievo, Reggina and Victoria Setubal, Rio Park Ave ever competing with one another in europe.

It doesn't really matter what either of us thinks of course, but if Portuguese sides co efficients start topping Italians, the CL places are divvied up accordingly.

Whilst I agree Serie A is in it's worst state in years, the Portuguese league is shite. Benfica are the only CL-worthy team in the league. Anyone can win/do well in the Europa League.

October 17, 2011, 04:45:16 PM
Reply #24

Haile GAZrselassie

I'll make a prediction then.

Benfica will get further in the CL than any Italian team this season.

Fair play on the no boozing like Marty.

October 18, 2011, 03:52:48 AM
Reply #25

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
What's with the Benfica obsession anyway MGP?  They were complete outclassed by the admittedly excellent Porto last season, and this season they've done nothing other than what you'd expect them to have done so far this season in both the league and the CL.

Not saying they're poor or anything, they just don't seem to be any different to the Benfica side of the last 3 or 4 years at the moment.

October 18, 2011, 04:12:05 AM
Reply #26

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Italian football is bad at the moment, nearly as bad as the prem.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

October 18, 2011, 04:48:30 AM
Reply #27

Haile GAZrselassie

Lolol rly?

Yes. Really. Comfortably so.

If an Italian team makes the quarters i'll be fucking amazed. Benfica are a match for anyone in the competition.

To answer your question Risky I just think they're a very, very good team. Strong in all areas of the pitch and have a game/team that would do well in just about any league.

Luisao, Cardozo, Saviola, Aimar, Javi Garcia. Class players who are a joy to watch.

Kept an eye on them since I watched them tear us to ribbons time and again 2 years since and they've improved since despite losing Di Maria.

October 18, 2011, 05:06:04 AM
Reply #28

Haile GAZrselassie

Saviola has never fulfilled his potential from his Barca/Madrid days.

Cardoza is okay and Aimar was a top player.

Let's face it, hardly world class.

Other than an ageing Gattusso Milan have no players of any note imo.

Robinho should be setting the world alight but has done bugger all by and large. Pato and Ibrahimoshit are really not all that.

Cardozo, Aimar, Saviola would cause any team in the world problems.

All will become clear as the competition goes on.

October 18, 2011, 05:21:08 AM
Reply #29

Haile GAZrselassie

Now you're just on the wind up.

Zlatan is one of the best strikers in the world right now. Robinho is a fantastic player.

Pato has scored 50 in 105 games for Milan which is good considering he's only 22/23 and got used on the right quite a bit, plus his goal against Barca this season was beautiful.

Fantastic partnership at the back in Silva an Nesta, also Gattuso is more DM then anything so age isn't to much for him.

Zlatan is playing in the weakest "big" league in europe. Hardly a platform for being one of the greatest strikers in the world. Robinho is a fantastic player granted. When is he going to start showing it then?

Pato I can probably give you in fairness is a class act.

Nesta is 107 years old now and along with the rest of Milan's defence will get truly embarassed by any team with a bit of pace.