October 16, 2019, 12:08:50 PM

Author Topic: I wish Italian football was still on channel 4  (Read 12999 times)

October 20, 2011, 01:20:23 AM
Reply #45

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
How the fuck does that work?

That's not even possible lolol.

The current season lasts a year and a half, with a lengthy play-off round at the end. It's quite weird, but starting with the 2012-2013 season they will be in sync with the rest of Europe.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

October 20, 2011, 04:41:36 AM
Reply #46

Haile GAZrselassie

The current season lasts a year and a half, with a lengthy play-off round at the end. It's quite weird, but starting with the 2012-2013 season they will be in sync with the rest of Europe.

I meant the seasonal thing.

How does a spring/autumn season work?

Kick off in March, play till June, mid season break, resume in October?
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

October 20, 2011, 04:53:28 AM
Reply #47

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
I meant the seasonal thing.

How does a spring/autumn season work?

Kick off in March, play till June, mid season break, resume in October?

Almost, but they resume in July-August after a short summer break, a bit longer if there are Euros/WC in the summer.

It's still used in Scandinavia, but money talks and Russian teams want to win the CL, so they switched over.

October 20, 2011, 04:57:38 AM
Reply #48

Haile GAZrselassie

Almost, but they resume in July-August after a short summer break, a bit longer if there are Euros/WC in the summer.

It's still used in Scandinavia, but money talks and Russian teams want to win the CL, so they switched over.

So they still wont be playing competitive league football in December and January then?

Surely it's just not possible for them to do that, unless they start building roofs on their stadia.

October 20, 2011, 04:58:10 AM
Reply #49

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

October 20, 2011, 05:08:14 AM
Reply #50

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
So they still wont be playing competitive league football in December and January then?

Surely it's just not possible for them to do that, unless they start building roofs on their stadia.

Most leagues have a winter break, theirs will be a bit longer. And all the pitches have undersoil heating, which will be on full blast in November and February :)

October 20, 2011, 10:25:19 AM
Reply #51

.Rimbo.

Despite holding Utd to a 1-1 draw a fortnight ago? They also hit the post and were by far and away the better team in the 2nd half.

They should have won the game.

Everton held United, then European Champions, to a 1-1 draw in 1999 when Jaap Stam turned into his own net late on. We were hardly their equals though.

October 20, 2011, 04:39:22 PM
Reply #52

Haile GAZrselassie

Everton held United, then European Champions, to a 1-1 draw in 1999 when Jaap Stam turned into his own net late on. We were hardly their equals though.

Lets not over exagerate things here eh.

Benfica more than held their own against Utd last month, sit 2 points clear of them in their group and could still actually win it if they hold them to a draw in the last group game.

I said to Marty there's little point going round in circles on this. Benfica are a smashing team and will do better than any Italian team in the CL this season imo.

October 20, 2011, 04:42:57 PM
Reply #53

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Benfica more than held their own against Utd last month, sit 2 points clear of them in their group and could still actually win it if they hold them to a draw in the last group game.

Since when have United started to take their CL group games seriously?

October 20, 2011, 04:48:03 PM
Reply #54

Haile GAZrselassie

Since when have United started to take their CL group games seriously?

Fergie's on record-many times-that he likes to finish top of his CL group. More for the fact you play the 2nd leg at home than who you face but he does still like to.

October 20, 2011, 05:13:51 PM
Reply #55

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Fergie's on record-many times-that he likes to finish top of his CL group. More for the fact you play the 2nd leg at home than who you face but he does still like to.

Yes, and they usually just piss around in the first couple of games, then win the last two and job done.  No way would Benfica stand a chance against United if it was a really important game.

October 20, 2011, 07:00:08 PM
Reply #56

Haile GAZrselassie

Yes, and they usually just piss around in the first couple of games, then win the last two and job done.  No way would Benfica stand a chance against United if it was a really important game.

Behave yourself man. Their front line will cause any team problems.

You're doing them a massive disservice. And Utd are hardly looking like they did at the start of the season currently either.

October 20, 2011, 08:22:22 PM
Reply #57

Derek

Anyone can beat anyone if things go their way. It's over the long haul that the megabuck clubs show their strength.

I'd fancy Benfica to trouble anyone atm.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

October 21, 2011, 12:36:07 AM
Reply #58

Shogun

Administrator
Lets not over exagerate things here eh.

I said to Marty there's little point going round in circles on this. Benfica are a smashing team and will do better than any Italian team in the CL this season imo.
napoli will do better

October 21, 2011, 03:47:40 AM
Reply #59

Haile GAZrselassie