September 21, 2018, 05:55:02 AM

Poll

Everton Vs Man Utd

win
draw
lose

Author Topic: Everton Vs Man Utd  (Read 31825 times)

October 29, 2011, 07:24:04 PM
Reply #15

cantoffee

I think we need to start putting them under some more pressure and be direct, get Fellaini up against Evra and play some diagonal balls and look for some knock downs.

October 29, 2011, 07:32:36 PM
Reply #16

cantoffee

what the absolute fuck was that from Jagielka?

October 29, 2011, 07:36:11 PM
Reply #17

cantoffee

saha, pass the ball

October 29, 2011, 07:49:05 PM
Reply #18

cantoffee

come on lads!

October 29, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
Reply #19

cantoffee

that's a fucking penalty

October 30, 2011, 12:28:03 AM
Reply #20

cantoffee

Thought we played well and deserved at least a point, hard to complain about the performance but it is frustrating.

As others have said it was good to see Coleman back to playing  better today, and I can only see him getting better. I thought he looked like he is in the process of getting a few more 'moves' in his locker instead of just a hit and run, although that will always be his bread and butter. Looked like he was trying some pirouettes and he's only going to get stronger on his left foot which will cause defenders all sorts of problems.

Thought Rodwell looked fantastic today, he didn't play amazing by any means but he was good on the ball, able to keep it moving but also get involved in the attack and showed his ability with both feet. He just looked like he was prepared to have the ball more and take on responsibility whenever required, him and Fellaini were good in the middle of the park today.

I think missing Drenthe was a problem as we lacked that extra cutting edge, I also think having Cahill able to come off the bench would have been useful as some of those balls into the box would have been even tougher to stop with him and Fellaini there. That ball that Vidic stooped to head out for a corner would have been in the net I think.

I thought we waited to long to move Fellaini higher up and should have tried to isolate him against Evra and play some diagonal balls for knock downs as Evans was on the left side of defence and wouldn't have been able to help out much. Disappointed we didn't try to exploit that a bit more but other than that there's little I can complain about given the playing staff we had available today.

Long fucking post though.