November 20, 2017, 07:45:47 PM

Poll

Newcastle v Everton

Win
Draw
Lose

Author Topic: Newcastle v Everton  (Read 39741 times)

November 05, 2011, 10:49:54 PM
Reply #390

Trowel

And Arteta has just scored a cracker...  :'(
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

November 05, 2011, 10:53:37 PM
Reply #391

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
And Arteta has just scored a cracker...  :'(

:(
I have to return some videotapes.

November 05, 2011, 10:58:12 PM
Reply #392

matty1878

i dnt know about some of you, but i fear this is are season we can drop
time players finances, shit tactics,other teams having better players i fear
has caught up with us. thankyou bill kenshite and your band of merry men
you have slowly made us a joke club.
row u seat 167 park end

November 05, 2011, 11:05:35 PM
Reply #393

Stumpy

Your right Aidy,it's not just another striker we need.The team is crying out for a PROPER right sided midfielder,not a young fullback that caught everybody on the hop last season and has now been found out.He needs to be moved to right back,and before anyone bangs on about him not being good enough defensivly,how the fuck could he be any worse than neville or hibbert.We also need a midfielder that has an eye for goal,and i'm not talking about someone playing off a lone striker,but somebody that actually gets beyond the ball.All of this of course is dependant on how much money moyes will see of the amount we got in on deadline day.If Donovan comes in that will be the right hand side sorted,and leave the transfer kitty left for a striker and attacking midfielder.Never was there a better example of our chronic lack of striking intent today than when 2-1 down with only about 10 mins left Saha wins a header beyond the back post,the ball lands smack in the middle of the box 10 yards out,a perfect knockback for someome to run onto but we got nobody there taking a chance,because we only got one other player in the area and rodwell on the edge of the box.Newcastle worked hard, had a lucky break with the o.g. and were obviously full of confidence with the good start to the season that the've had,but for me were there for the taking,and we were fucking clueless how to go about it.This team badly needs shaking up,it's ponderous,predictable and so easy for opposition to play againsed.Maybe the chickens are finally coming home to roost,as regards to the lack of investment in the playing side of things.I fear if no money is spent in January then a relegation battle seems iminent,i really hope i'm wrong

November 05, 2011, 11:10:23 PM
Reply #394

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
i didnt think we would go down, agreeing with people saying there are 3 worse teams than us, however with recent games, i am starting to worry. we may (on paper) have better players than 3 other teams but they are not playing at their best level, there seems to be no urgency, no passion, i think Moyse has shown a defeatist attitude in recent interviews and that could be passed on to the players, if the manager doesnt believe why should they kind of thing. we need to knuckle down and pull together. january will be vital, we NEED players, someone who can create and score goals. however we have no money. so i am praying this investment rumour is correct and they are what we all want, (not like the blackburn owners!)

built a barrier up with Everton atm so results dont ruin my week....i have a dissertation to write!
I have to return some videotapes.

November 05, 2011, 11:18:57 PM
Reply #395

keiko

Relegation will not happen, no I am sure ! I think middle. But of course the improvment is needed and a signing of players, or loan (Donivan, Pienaar) let's see

November 05, 2011, 11:19:51 PM
Reply #396

nomorechang

RIP
We were missing Fellaini which weakened us badly , we no longer have Arteta or Pienaar ,  , the loss of SP especially is a downer because Bainsey is no where near effective now , we conceded a stupid OG from my least favorite Everton player for years in Johnny H and they also scored a 1 in a million goal , unstoppable , Yet we still had enough chances to get something from the game despite them having 2 in form strikers at home they caused us little difficulty . The problem is obvious , its the same as it has been for a few years , a painfully thin squad which is weakened when we get injuries and suspensions , Its easy blaming team selections and tactics but if the team is getting chopped and changed all the time and we haven't got an in form fit striker we are buggered , especially when a few of the players on the pitch are in dreadful form . The sooner this takeover happens the better and perhaps the manager can get on with his job instead of having to play the Krypton factor every week
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

November 05, 2011, 11:23:43 PM
Reply #397

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Relegation will not happen, no I am sure ! I think middle. But of course the improvment is needed and a signing of players, or loan (Donivan, Pienaar) let's see

I agree, talk of relegation, especially at this stage is daft but in the long term things have to change.

November 05, 2011, 11:44:55 PM
Reply #398

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Grim as fuck today!as has been for most of this season. We seem to have too many players out of form at the same time, and as poor as our finishing and attacking has been, I actually think our defence is more of a worry. We need to get back to being hard to beat and keeping clean sheets. As it is we look vunerable defending down both sides of the pitch and in central defence Jags has overall been desperately poor, though he was marginally better today.

Performance wise there were very few positives today, Heitinga, Coleman, Neville, Saha and Osman were particularly poor. Decent-ish performance from Rodwell as per usual this season, which some fans will see as good enough for England, though realistically it was 6/10 that was made to look better by some woeful midfield colleagues of his. The subs coming on today all did better than those who were on the pitch before them. I wasn't too thrilled at Mcfaddens return, but some of our brightest moves today came through him. A final word on Drenthe, hardly anything came off for him today but he kept trying and at least he wants to be creative. I'm not an Osman hater but he has been dire so far this term.get him out of the starting line up!rant over
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

November 05, 2011, 11:52:38 PM
Reply #399

sam of the south

When Fellaini goes it could be the death knell. Our team lacks pace and creativity, two things that make a side threatening. Add to that the defensive tactics, negative attitude and plethora of players played out of position, we really could be in trouble. If we could just try 442, with all positions occupied by players that specialize in those roles, we may discover some form. With no money to hint at an improving future, this feels like the return of the relegation threatened 90's.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

November 06, 2011, 02:15:41 AM
Reply #400

Gash

Global Moderator
They didn't look like scoring whenever the went forward. In fact they were often as poor/average as us.

My mate and I were saying that earlier. We actually made Newcastle look pretty decent, yet at times they looked a pretty poor side. My brother in law and nephew were at the game (Newcastle fans) even they said Newcastle were poor. There is no way they will keep this going, not that that helps us today.

A few players didn't turn up today, one or two we can cover for, but in general that was a pretty poor display across the board, it's hard to take a lot of positives, or single out anyone for praise from today even if we did create a few chances.

One thing on the Neville substitution, I was furious at first but looking back it probably wasn't a bad move by Moyes. Heitinga was having a shocker at the back, at least bringing on Distin took him out of defence. The worry is I was one of the people calling for Jags to be dropped for him, he's been given a chance and made a poor show of it.

Oh, and by they way, the everton.chris that was in row U seat 566 is a complete prick.

November 06, 2011, 05:53:12 AM
Reply #401

AidyEFC9

We didn't play well.  Keeping possession (which only happened once they scored anyway) isn't playing well.  We had a total lack of movement or guile and once again leaked an inevitable howler of a first goal.  Newcastle didn't even play well and still had too much for us, don't let the penalty appeal mask how mediocre we are right now. 

This. And dont let the goal Rodwell got mask over how shit he was, again!.

November 06, 2011, 06:00:32 AM
Reply #402

bluestevie

missed the first half as i was in work, listened to most of the second half on my phone coming back and only saw the last 12 mins plus added time. not impressed, too many wasted chances, misplaced balls and predictable formation but unless we get major investment theres nothing we can do

oh and give over with the relegation talk lads, every season the same shite gets spouted about us going down and being royally fucked and yet we finish in the top half. have some fucking faith for fucks sake, if not fuck right off to somewhere else
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

November 06, 2011, 06:16:47 AM
Reply #403

Gash

Global Moderator
missed the first half as i was in work, listened to most of the second half on my phone coming back and only saw the last 12 mins plus added time. not impressed, too many wasted chances, misplaced balls and predictable formation but unless we get major investment theres nothing we can do

oh and give over with the relegation talk lads, every season the same shite gets spouted about us going down and being royally fucked and yet we finish in the top half. have some fucking faith for fucks sake, if not fuck right off to somewhere else

And every season we have a strong second half, but one of these years we won't. It might not be this year, but it will happen. Personally I think it will be this year and we'll be lucky to get top 12, so should I just fuck right off to somewhere else?

November 06, 2011, 06:18:56 AM
Reply #404

sam of the south

And every season we have a strong second half, but one of these years we won't. It might not be this year, but it will happen. Personally I think it will be this year and we'll be lucky to get top 12, so should I just fuck right off to somewhere else?

This
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them