September 19, 2018, 09:01:55 AM

Poll

Newcastle v Everton

Win
Draw
Lose

Author Topic: Newcastle v Everton  (Read 48795 times)

November 05, 2011, 05:04:20 PM
Reply #75

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I am really confused. The match starts at 12.45, so that's 7.45 my time, but the team hasn't been announced and the streams are not showing yet. Have I entered the Twilight Zone or something? It's only 40 minutes to kick off.
"If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t, you will see obstacles." – Wayne Dyer

November 05, 2011, 05:05:38 PM
Reply #76

Gray90

Clocks went back an hour on Sunday mate.

November 05, 2011, 05:11:38 PM
Reply #77

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Ahhh bugger, that's it then! I'm up an hour too early!

"If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t, you will see obstacles." – Wayne Dyer

November 05, 2011, 05:50:26 PM
Reply #78

kunal32

Howard, Hibbert, Baines, Jagielka, Heitinga, Coleman, Drenthe, Neville, Rodwell, Osman, Saha.

November 05, 2011, 05:52:58 PM
Reply #79

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Well, I was nearly right
Who's on the bench?

November 05, 2011, 05:53:08 PM
Reply #80

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Sadly, you're probably right about the team.

Hope you're right about the result too :)
looks like I was -  hope I'm as "lucky" with the result - hope you won't fell a sleep being up early  ;).

November 05, 2011, 05:53:31 PM
Reply #81

kunal32

Mucha, Bily, Stracqualursi, McFadden, Distin, Cahill, Vellios

November 05, 2011, 06:04:52 PM
Reply #82

charlatan

Clubfoot in midfield?  Oh the joys.....

November 05, 2011, 06:05:35 PM
Reply #83

slothzen

Ahhh bugger, that's it then! I'm up an hour too early!

Me too, good dreams.  Fucking Everton making me wake up before I usually am up for work on Saturday.  It's a love hate relationship.

November 05, 2011, 06:14:05 PM
Reply #84

AidyEFC9

I knew Neville would come into midfield for the suspended Felli. With Neville and Rodwell sat in there, im not confident about today at all. Neville is to slow and shit and will get out run, out thought and out classed by the likes of Cabaye and Tiote and Rodwell doesn't seem to know who to pick up or follow unless he's on a man marking job and leaves a lot of space in the centre and giving Cabaye time and space could be damaging!.

And with Drenthe in the side and possibly wanting to go wide right alot in the game, he'll probs be up against Ryan Taylor at LB who is right footed and will be able to go inside with Drenthe and feel comfortable doing that and putting tackles in, and if Drenthe does go wide right, that means Coleman at LW and tbh i think ive only seen him play out there for a bit against Fulham was it the other week and i never noticed wether he did any good or got into the game there or anything so wether that was down to him not getting into the game on the left i don't?.

Coleman can play RW pretty easy as he's an attacking right FB and makes the switch look easy but shifting a natural RB to LW during in games could be dodgy IMO. As good as Gareth Bale is he got used at RW for Wales in Euro qualifiers and he found it hard to adjust and didn't really make an impact and its hard for a FB to adjust to other positions compared to wingers and technically good attacking midfielders.

Hopefully Moyesies selections and tactics prove me wrong and we do well today but i for one am quite nervous about the game against the barcodes this aft with the personnel we have in certain areas.

November 05, 2011, 06:17:04 PM
Reply #85

charlatan

I knew Neville would come into midfield for the suspended Felli. With Neville and Rodwell sat in there, im not confident about today at all. Neville is to slow and shit and will get out run, out thought and out classed by the likes of Cabaye and Tiote and Rodwell doesn't seem to know who to pick up or follow unless he's on a man marking job and leaves a lot of space in the centre and giving Cabaye time and space could be damaging!

Spot on

November 05, 2011, 06:20:27 PM
Reply #86

Alex

I was hoping we'd start a game with 442 for once, I'm usually optimistic but I just cant be today.

November 05, 2011, 06:25:03 PM
Reply #87

bluemanx3

moyes is like king cnut; continuing to play neville, i was going to go down pub to watch this, im not now, we'll get battered

November 05, 2011, 06:28:43 PM
Reply #88

matty1878

he likes to play two holding midfielders most of the time.
row u seat 167 park end

November 05, 2011, 06:37:37 PM
Reply #89

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
vellios injured in warm up. barkley replaces. fuck.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!