August 21, 2019, 09:33:06 AM

Author Topic: Kyle Naughton on his way to Boro  (Read 5839 times)

January 31, 2010, 11:45:27 PM
Reply #15

Gash

Global Moderator
I can't understand peoples bitterness towards him to be honest.

As for the OP, he gets bored of Manny and BK threads, yet decides to start one all bitter about Naughton. Get over it.

February 01, 2010, 12:16:27 AM
Reply #16

andrei

Good luck Kyle hope u do well

February 01, 2010, 12:50:30 AM
Reply #17

Craig_1878

Who cares? He's finished

finished? he's only a kid ffs! don't get why people are so bitter.
"Sunday Bloody Sunday. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!"- Alan Partridge

February 01, 2010, 12:54:02 AM
Reply #18

sharpattack

finished? he's only a kid ffs! don't get why people are so bitter.
I'm not bitter, I just hate the little shit
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

February 01, 2010, 06:28:09 AM
Reply #19

Flusky

It was always his choice. Sheffield Utd accepted our bid, so it was out of their hands then, it was always the players choice. It was part of the Bosman Ruling to stop clubs treating players as slaves. If his agent or the club convinced him, financially or otherwise to join Spurs, its his own fecking fault.

Bottom line, it was his decision to go to Spurs. Good luck in the fizzy pop league, I'll get Coleman to send you a postcard.

February 01, 2010, 06:45:12 AM
Reply #20

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not bitter, I just hate the little shit

For not joining us?

I'd call that bitter...
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

February 01, 2010, 03:53:27 PM
Reply #21

bigac

At least he didnt go back to Shef Utd. That would really have pissed me off because they would be sitting with the money in their pocket and the player back.

February 01, 2010, 07:53:44 PM
Reply #22

Sheedys left foot

Facts
Everton agreed fee with utd friday, utd wouldnt let him travel to us as they were in malta, told us wed have him for mediacal  monday.
Spurs got wind, with utd been clever knowing by anouncing evertons offer they could come in and better the fee, Utd therefore wouldnt allow him to come to us, Kyle wanted to come here but it was out of his hands, utd forced him to spurs.
All the time Kyle waited for Everton to come in with similar offer which didnt arrive,  then Kyle Walker was involved in the deal.
Anyone who slags the lad off before knowing details are idiots !

CHUNK,I LOVE YOU CHUNK.

February 01, 2010, 09:00:45 PM
Reply #23

sharpattack

Facts
Everton agreed fee with utd friday, utd wouldnt let him travel to us as they were in malta, told us wed have him for mediacal  monday.
Spurs got wind, with utd been clever knowing by anouncing evertons offer they could come in and better the fee, Utd therefore wouldnt allow him to come to us, Kyle wanted to come here but it was out of his hands, utd forced him to spurs.
All the time Kyle waited for Everton to come in with similar offer which didnt arrive,  then Kyle Walker was involved in the deal.

Only an idiot thinks that a player can be sold onto a club without his input
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

February 01, 2010, 09:37:01 PM
Reply #24

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Facts

He should've just said no. It isn't always easy but in this case it would've been, we had an offer accepted, so he should've just dug his heels in. Because once they officially accepted the offer, the player is free to agree personal terms and if he does, the offer is legally binding both clubs.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

February 02, 2010, 03:30:35 AM
Reply #25

Sheedys left foot

He should've just said no. It isn't always easy but in this case it would've been, we had an offer accepted, so he should've just dug his heels in. Because once they officially accepted the offer, the player is free to agree personal terms and if he does, the offer is legally binding both clubs.
If it is lagally binding, how did we not manage to speak to him ?
Utd were clever in getting more money, after a week of Everton not matching there offer, Naughton had time to get a  taste of what spurs had to offer, and to be honest, theres not many people who wouldnt have had there head turned, especialy when Harrys ringing you everyday to make sure you are still coming.
CHUNK,I LOVE YOU CHUNK.

February 02, 2010, 04:12:34 AM
Reply #26

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
If it is lagally binding, how did we not manage to speak to him ?

He didn't have to speak to us but if he had, and if he'd signed personal terms, then our offer would've been legally binding and United would've had no way to back out either. At least that's how your basic three-way contracts go.

They probably simply misled him or applied just enough pressure to unnerve him into not taking our offer up. I'm not really surprised, there were some irregularities in connection with their Hungarian subsidiary team and their Chinese team is slap bang in the middle of China's biggest match-fixing scandal.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

February 02, 2010, 02:03:55 PM
Reply #27

Derek

I blame Sheffield Utd as much as anyone.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

February 03, 2010, 05:45:07 AM
Reply #28

Gash

Global Moderator
Strange. Naughton out on loan to Boro, and Hutton to Sunderland. As a result Spurs have recalled Kyle Walker from his loan back to Sheffield Utd.

You would have thought they would have just kept hold of Naughton or Hutton and kept Walker where he was. Seems a long way round for a short cut?

February 03, 2010, 08:04:41 AM
Reply #29

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Yet you were slagging Adam Johnson off for wanting to talk to city?

Difference is Adam Johnson only had 5 months to wait then he could have went anywhere.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."