August 22, 2019, 06:44:50 PM

Author Topic: Arsenal v Man Utd  (Read 3056 times)

January 31, 2010, 10:44:55 PM
Read 3056 times

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
2 fantastic goals by Man Utd, really nice football.

The game is worth a watch in general too as its a good game. Hopefully Arsenal will get one back to make it interesting.

January 31, 2010, 10:45:41 PM
Reply #1

Endless, Nameless

Rooney is the best player in the world right now. End of.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

January 31, 2010, 10:50:14 PM
Reply #2

Derek

Those goals were sublime. Maybe the two best I've seen in the PL this season.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

January 31, 2010, 10:54:31 PM
Reply #3

.Rimbo.

Two unreal pieces of play from United have turned this match. Hopefully Arsenal will make a game of it second half though, not really buzzed who wins like.

January 31, 2010, 11:43:14 PM
Reply #4

Gash

Global Moderator
1-3 now, still about 10 minutes go. Another for Arsenal could make it interesting

January 31, 2010, 11:57:22 PM
Reply #5

Derek

Always Utd, and Rooney should have scored at the end there, but his performance was magnificent.

Going to be tough when they come to Goodison, because they seem to be getting stronger.
Clarion Call.

January 31, 2010, 11:59:37 PM
Reply #6

Gash

Global Moderator
Trust them to start clicking just as we are about to play them. Two good results this week for them.

February 01, 2010, 01:18:29 AM
Reply #7

ally2

Don't know what's going on but there has been (police?) sirens going constantly since the end of the match (I live nearby).

February 01, 2010, 02:47:55 AM
Reply #8

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
How do Utd do it? Their squad isn't the best on paper, yet they still pull it off.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

February 01, 2010, 02:49:53 AM
Reply #9

evertonjoe

How do Utd do it? Their squad isn't the best on paper, yet they still pull it off.

Pure belief and confidence and players who produce on big occasions. Even Nani who can be shocking at times pulls it out in the big mtaches not just today either i remeber him thumping one past Liverpool a couple of years back.

R.A.P Music

February 01, 2010, 03:16:44 AM
Reply #10

.Rimbo.

L'Arse just can't do it anymore in the big games, it must be a mentality thing. Even the experienced leaders in the team, like Gallas, shy away and go missing. As for people who go missing at important times and in big games, there is no bigger perpetrator than Francesc Fabregas.

He was anonymous again today.

February 02, 2010, 02:03:15 AM
Reply #11

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
The signs were there in our game. The main difference was that Utd put their breakaways in the net.

Arsenal can play well in big games, but they haven't always won them even when they've clearly been the better side. Clearly this shows that they're lacking something both as a team and as individuals.

Players such as Song and Denilson look great when they're steamrollering supplicant opposition, but are they really that good?

I couldn't really say what either particularly excells at.

And Fàbregas, while being a very good player, lacks the pace when the opposition really steps it up. I first noticed this while watching him for Spain. He was noticeably slower than the other players in there. No great shame, but not something that a player supposedly on the same level as Iniesta and Xavi should be being showed up for.

February 02, 2010, 02:14:02 AM
Reply #12

ilikebrunettes

odd game i thought. Utd were just clinical, and that tit Denilson cost Arsenal 2 goals at least. I bet Arsenal had more and better chances. and even at 3-0 always thought Arsenal had a chance
Murray won't ever win a slam. Mentally not good enough

February 02, 2010, 05:41:04 PM
Reply #13

ToxtethBlue

The signs were there in our game. The main difference was that Utd put their breakaways in the net.

Arsenal can play well in big games, but they haven't always won them even when they've clearly been the better side. Clearly this shows that they're lacking something both as a team and as individuals.

Players such as Song and Denilson look great when they're steamrollering supplicant opposition, but are they really that good?

I couldn't really say what either particularly excells at.

And Fàbregas, while being a very good player, lacks the pace when the opposition really steps it up. I first noticed this while watching him for Spain. He was noticeably slower than the other players in there. No great shame, but not something that a player supposedly on the same level as Iniesta and Xavi should be being showed up for.

I wouldn't say it's his lack of pace, that's not really a major attribute needed for a player of his style. You don't see many quick centre midfielders around, players like Xavi, Alonso, Pirlo and Scholes are as slow as they come.

I just think the likes of Xavi and Iniesta are more complete footballers and at the moment, more experienced players playing in a system that suits both of them perfectly.
ToxtethBlue

February 02, 2010, 06:30:15 PM
Reply #14

Derek

Xavi and Iniesta are the best midfield paring of any football team in the world. Maybe even of all time.

Except a certain midfield we all know...

if you know yer history...
Clarion Call.