November 21, 2017, 06:14:47 PM

Author Topic: A rumour that just won't go away...  (Read 2588 times)

February 01, 2010, 02:21:14 PM
Read 2588 times

.Rimbo.

It's transfer deadline day lads. Can we expect much activity today? I'm off to uni in a bit to get my timetable and what-not, but then I'm coming home at around mid-day to watch all the action unfold. I elect a stickied thread, in devotion to Everton's business on deadline day...

Anyway, I'll kick things off. Every window it seems JV14 is linked with a loan move away from Goodison and it's happened again today. I can't see it myself, with an injury-prone Saha, a Yakubu who has lost his ankles, a only-now-returning Anichebe, an inexperienced Baxter to choose from, I can't see Moyes letting Vaughany go. Ahoy, here's the tedious link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1247567/Wolves-Hunt-Hulls-5m-Stephen-look-Evertons-James-Vaughan-loan.html

Wolves have enquired about taking Everton striker James Vaughan on loan and are to
make a final bid of £5million for Hull City’s Republic of Ireland winger Stephen Hunt.

Wolves’ latest offer of £3.5m, plus add-ons to take the fee up to £4m, was rejected last week.

Mick McCarthy is also interested in Hull’s Ireland striker Caleb Folan and Blackburn
centre forward Jason Roberts.

deCoubertin

February 01, 2010, 02:25:02 PM
Reply #1

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I will be suprised if we bring in or send out anyone. Happyish with the squad we have. Would think we should be loaning another striker not getting rid. Cover for baines would be nice.

February 01, 2010, 02:27:17 PM
Reply #2

.Rimbo.

You would think Moyes would have identified the clear lack of left back cover, though, Baron'? I'd be astounded if he doesn't at least try for someone, unless he has seen Bilya' in training and thinks he can hack it there. I'd much prefer someone tried and tested though. Senderos may be able to play there, being a left-footer and all, but he hasn't the pace to get up the by-line!

And of course, there's the Manny links! God <3 deadline day!

February 01, 2010, 02:31:39 PM
Reply #3

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
God hate deadline day! You would think Moyes would be after a left back but who would be available who would be worth it?

Oh and I dont particularly want Manny back
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 02:33:38 PM by barongreenback »

February 01, 2010, 02:37:19 PM
Reply #4

.Rimbo.

How about someone like Branislav Ivanovic, Fabio, Kieran Gibbs or Gareth Bale? Someone in on loan.

February 01, 2010, 02:38:09 PM
Reply #5

.Rimbo.

Didn't see the Vaughan thread further down, sorry.

February 01, 2010, 03:40:41 PM
Reply #6

bigac

Not a sniff about anything in media or sky sports news. At least Hutton wont be coming now.

If there is anything in making Landon's move permanent I expect every penny would go towards that (I heard BK ordered everone to search down the back and sides of all the sofas at Goodison and FF)

February 01, 2010, 03:52:35 PM
Reply #7

blue for you

can't see anyone else coming in or out today, jo and neill out donovan and senderos in
thats about it. there will be no striker coming klass-jan was never going to everton just
paper talk, but you might see micheal owen coming in the summer days numberd at
utd.

February 01, 2010, 03:57:30 PM
Reply #8

bigac

Huntelaar says hes staying at AC Milan.

February 01, 2010, 06:00:25 PM
Reply #9

Connavar

We won't get anyone else in.