November 21, 2017, 05:16:24 AM

Author Topic: Sunderland V Everton  (Read 28767 times)

December 26, 2011, 08:09:48 PM
Reply #45

kunal32

Neville and Heitinga in midfield.hahahahahahahahha!! The circus continues!!!

December 26, 2011, 08:10:11 PM
Reply #46

Alex6691

EFC: Howard, Hibbert, Baines, Jags, Distin, Heitinga, Neville, Osman, Cahill, Saha. Subs: Mucha, Bily, Strac Faddy, Gueye, Barkley, Tolis. .. confirmed

Isn't that missing Drenthe?

December 26, 2011, 08:11:00 PM
Reply #47

Ad1989

That is an awful line up. Drenthe and Ossie need to play out of their skin if we want to get anything from this game.

December 26, 2011, 08:11:48 PM
Reply #48

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Neville and Heitinga in midfield.hahahahahahahahha!! The circus continues!!!

Brings back memories of the fantastic Neville Carsley partnership with the exception that Heitinga is better than Carsley.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 26, 2011, 08:13:13 PM
Reply #49

kunal32

Brings back memories of the fantastic Neville Carsley partnership with the exception that Heitinga is better than Carsley.

Yeah keep believing and telling yourself that. Mackems will spank us today mark my words!

December 26, 2011, 08:13:26 PM
Reply #50

Azz

Maybe we can sell Man U a few defenders... since they're starting with 2 and we'll have 6 on the pitch!!!

Lindegaard; Valencia, Carrick, Evans, Evra; Park, Gibson, Giggs, Nani; Berbatov, Hernandez

December 26, 2011, 08:14:33 PM
Reply #51

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Let's take Heitinga out of his best form by putting him in midfield, reward Ossie for a great performance last game by shoving him back on the wing and put huge amounts of pressure on Drenthe to win the game single-handlely.

December 26, 2011, 08:15:41 PM
Reply #52

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
If I had the choice of starting with the 10 men that were listed without Drenthe or just Drenthe on his own I would go for the latter!that Neville Johnny centre mid is anti football!Johnny is so much better at centre half, would sooner have kept him there, bought Gueye or Barkley in and left Distin on the bench
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 26, 2011, 08:23:38 PM
Reply #53

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
If I had the choice of starting with the 10 men that were listed without Drenthe or just Drenthe on his own I would go for the latter!that Neville Johnny centre mid is anti football!Johnny is so much better at centre half, would sooner have kept him there, bought Gueye or Barkley in and left Distin on the bench
  this

December 26, 2011, 08:24:12 PM
Reply #54

Rhys

The thing is, Sunderland with a lot of confidence, new manager and a crowd that will be right behind them will be a tough test. Not only with the way they play but also the way the crowd will get behind their team, after ours and after the ref. Players like Distin and Cahill will know how to deal with it far better than Barkley or Gueye. I think if we battle it our early on, quieten their crowd then that is our best chance.

Horrible looking line up but I guess Moyes feels the best to handle the situation and most reliable in terms of making it difficult for them. Plus Barkley and Gueye look knackered after playing 20 minutes so almost pointless starting them. And also Cahill has a great record against Sunderland, their fans always moan that he always scores against them so maybe he thinks, and more importantly Timmy may think, this will be the day the goal drought ends.

Not ideal but not much we can do given the lack of squad and injuries.

December 26, 2011, 08:24:52 PM
Reply #55

nomorechang

RIP
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

December 26, 2011, 08:25:15 PM
Reply #56

kunal32

Exactly. I don't know what Moyes issue is with Barkley and why he cannot give him a start, surely if Vellios is fit enough to take the bench then he should be able to start as well in place of Cahill.

December 26, 2011, 08:26:41 PM
Reply #57

Sprooly

when we beat wolves 3-0 we had neville and heitinga both in midfield, so you never know!

December 26, 2011, 08:27:15 PM
Reply #58

BootleBlueBoy

thats the only change we could have made though, the squad is so thin because we havnt signed first team player in years. moyes is getting so much flack which should be directed at the board

December 26, 2011, 08:27:19 PM
Reply #59

Bally

Administrator
Will one of you lovely people that have my number please keep me updated as I am in work and will miss it all. Fucking gutted
It's the roll I way