September 19, 2019, 01:14:58 AM

Author Topic: Celtic.  (Read 5640 times)

February 03, 2010, 10:08:43 PM
Reply #15

RICH

not looking good for either old firm teams tbh might see another team win the league next season

February 03, 2010, 11:45:19 PM
Reply #16

Paul.

Not a hope in hell of another team winning the league in Scotland Rich. Despite how bad the Old Firm are just now, they are still streets ahead of the rest.
Who lit the fuse on your tampon ?

February 04, 2010, 12:08:38 AM
Reply #17

bloody scally

Not a hope in hell of another team winning the league in Scotland Rich. Despite how bad the Old Firm are just now, they are still head and shoulders above of the rest.

Its such a shame this way isn't it. The likes of Hibs and Motherwell that continue to improve and genuinly look good (compared to some of the misreble gash they've played down the years) and still aren't anywhere near the top challenging and most likely will never be. I think it will take a cap on wages and or transfer budgets for teams to eventually gave the level playing field to challenge.

February 04, 2010, 01:45:51 AM
Reply #18

Paul.

That's just stupidity in it's finest art there Marty.

February 04, 2010, 02:33:44 AM
Reply #19

Gash

Global Moderator
Its such a shame this way isn't it. The likes of Hibs and Motherwell that continue to improve and genuinly look good (compared to some of the misreble gash they've played down the years) and still aren't anywhere near the top challenging and most likely will never be. I think it will take a cap on wages and or transfer budgets for teams to eventually gave the level playing field to challenge.

I thought you were a Hibee? Hibs are 2 points behind Celtic with a game in hand. They won't close 12 points to Rangers, but they have a genuine chance of second at the moment.

I've no doubt Celtic will pull away from them, but Hibs could run them close if they aren't careful.

February 04, 2010, 02:48:14 AM
Reply #20

Paul.

It's not really horrible at all. It's just that you are used to watching world class players week in week out performing at Goodison be it for Everton or a visiting team.

February 04, 2010, 02:49:44 AM
Reply #21

evertonjoe

It's not really horrible at all. It's just that you are used to watching world class players week in week out performing at Goodison be it for Everton or a visiting team.

Aye most weekends I thank the lord for the priviledge of witnessing Tony Hibbert's awesome footballing ability

R.A.P Music

February 04, 2010, 03:05:24 AM
Reply #22

bloody scally

i would love tony hibbert to be at hibs. Ye i am a hibee, but the community and likes of pubs i drink in and around the stadium have the old hardfaced locals that have put up with so much shit it makes evertons 90s look like lyons dominant league years, these lot won't believe or get excited unless they are just teens, and over the years more so go there out of pittance rather than love for the team. I personally live in that piece of hope they can finish 2nd next year but the team will get split up in the summer. Im just glad my dad gave me the passport to everton because focusing on hibs would turn me depresive.

February 04, 2010, 04:01:13 AM
Reply #23

Derek

I'm from Hibee country, always had a soft spot for them. Real team, great history and crackin' fans.

Even have a Citizen of Leith t-shirt!
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

February 04, 2010, 04:02:16 AM
Reply #24

Gash

Global Moderator
I'm from Hibee country, always had a soft spot for them. Real team, great history and crackin' fans.

Even have a Citizen of Leith t-shirt!

Is Leith Walk not Edinburgh's red light district?

February 04, 2010, 04:06:31 AM
Reply #25

Derek

Nah. They're making it into some high class boulevard now. It's slowly working it's way down the street from close to the city centre to real proper Leith. Leith generally is gentrifying at an amazing pace.

It's almost unrecognisable from 10 years ago.
Clarion Call.

February 04, 2010, 04:10:29 AM
Reply #26

Gash

Global Moderator
Last time I was in that area was to go to The Ocean Terminal to wander round the Royal Yacht Britannia a couple of years ago. It's certainly tidied up a lot recently.

February 04, 2010, 04:15:23 AM
Reply #27

bloody scally

I live just by from leith walk, no the disrtict is at the bottom of easter road (where i am now), the women there are that desperate for buisness if you drive through the are they run alongside the car and try get in if your going anything under 20mph, funny though because as soon as you travel further along port of leith is lovely. Drive past ocean terminal every day on way to college. Where bouts you from round Edinburgh Derek?

February 04, 2010, 04:17:12 AM
Reply #28

Gash

Global Moderator
Though you lived in the Shetland's Bludy?

February 04, 2010, 01:54:24 PM
Reply #29

Derek

I live just by from leith walk, no the disrtict is at the bottom of easter road (where i am now), the women there are that desperate for buisness if you drive through the are they run alongside the car and try get in if your going anything under 20mph, funny though because as soon as you travel further along port of leith is lovely. Drive past ocean terminal every day on way to college. Where bouts you from round Edinburgh Derek?

Leith. My folks lived just near to Ocean Terminal is now, heading out towards the 4th Road Bridge. They moved South to Dumfries a while back and I moved to Glasgow a bit after that for University. I moved back to Edinburgh afterwards and was living on leith Walk and on Henderson Street (the wee tiny street the number 22 passes through) until 2008 when I decided to move abroad.

Managed to get back last November. Pretty much the only city in the UK I could imagine moving back to.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 01:56:00 PM by Derek »
Clarion Call.