September 18, 2019, 08:50:20 PM

Author Topic: Celtic.  (Read 5639 times)

February 02, 2010, 02:10:11 AM
Read 5639 times

Gash

Global Moderator
I think it's pretty obvious that Mowbray and Celtic have written off this season. He's having a clearout of Strachan players, and then will try to bring his own brand of football to the team, and his own players.

Fair play to him, it's a big risk with fans like them, but I'm sure they'll buy into. Take a step back to make two forward.

Next summer Rangers won't have zip to spend, Mendes has gone, and Weir can't go much longer, Celtic will have money to spend, and will strenghten in the summer.

They can't ask much more from Rasmussen either. Came on in the 64th minuted and scored in the 67th. Nice debut. If they can somehow get the money or agree some kind of long term deal for Keane, they could have a decent year next season.

February 03, 2010, 03:25:56 AM
Reply #1

Gash

Global Moderator
Just lost to Kilmarnock 1-0. Oh dear.

First time in nearly nine years since Killie beat Celtic.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 03:45:03 AM by Gash »

February 04, 2010, 02:33:44 AM
Reply #2

Gash

Global Moderator
Its such a shame this way isn't it. The likes of Hibs and Motherwell that continue to improve and genuinly look good (compared to some of the misreble gash they've played down the years) and still aren't anywhere near the top challenging and most likely will never be. I think it will take a cap on wages and or transfer budgets for teams to eventually gave the level playing field to challenge.

I thought you were a Hibee? Hibs are 2 points behind Celtic with a game in hand. They won't close 12 points to Rangers, but they have a genuine chance of second at the moment.

I've no doubt Celtic will pull away from them, but Hibs could run them close if they aren't careful.

February 04, 2010, 04:02:16 AM
Reply #3

Gash

Global Moderator
I'm from Hibee country, always had a soft spot for them. Real team, great history and crackin' fans.

Even have a Citizen of Leith t-shirt!

Is Leith Walk not Edinburgh's red light district?

February 04, 2010, 04:10:29 AM
Reply #4

Gash

Global Moderator
Last time I was in that area was to go to The Ocean Terminal to wander round the Royal Yacht Britannia a couple of years ago. It's certainly tidied up a lot recently.

February 04, 2010, 04:17:12 AM
Reply #5

Gash

Global Moderator
Though you lived in the Shetland's Bludy?

February 05, 2010, 04:12:20 AM
Reply #6

Gash

Global Moderator

Where abouts are you from gash?

Kirkcudbright. The exact opposite of the country to the Shetland Isles. South West to North East, I'm probably closer to London than the Shetlands!