November 23, 2017, 05:28:58 PM

Author Topic: Movie Thread IV  (Read 65432 times)

January 01, 2012, 04:37:18 PM
Read 65432 times

Bob Sacamano

I forgot that its a new year/new thread kinda deal with this one.

Well, I saw TGwtDT last night. Despite it being a brilliant piece of work, I felt Fincher did most of it in his sleep. The sound editing was superb and Rooney Mara really did bring the noise. Cannot fault the actors, nor the film in general, I just wonder how it would have turned out if there had never been an original and Fincher took the material straight from the novel.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 06:35:31 PM by craigeverton1878 »

January 01, 2012, 04:44:48 PM
Reply #1

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Thinking of bringing in the new year with 'A Prophet', anyone seen this?
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 01, 2012, 08:39:31 PM
Reply #2

Thom

Administrator
Got loads of DVDs at Christmas so I may watch one or two tonight. Might give Reservoir Dogs and Moon a whirl.

January 01, 2012, 08:42:41 PM
Reply #3

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I forgot that its a new year/new thread kinda deal with this one.

Well, I saw TGwtDT last night. Despite it being a brilliant piece of work, I felt Fincher did most of it in his sleep. The sound editing was superb and Rooney Mara really did bring the noise. Cannot fault the actors, nor the film in general, I just wonder how it would have turned out if there had never been an original and Fincher took the material straight from the novel.

Have you read the book?

I got the book Im gonna give it a read, then probably download it. I love Fincher man, you got any of his films I might of not seen to recommend. Ive seen all the obvious one, Seven,Fight Club, Social Network etc

January 01, 2012, 08:46:43 PM
Reply #4

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Got loads of DVDs at Christmas so I may watch one or two tonight. Might give Reservoir Dogs and Moon a whirl.

Both a jolly good watch sir
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 01, 2012, 08:53:04 PM
Reply #5

Bob Sacamano

Have you read the book?

I got the book Im gonna give it a read, then probably download it. I love Fincher man, you got any of his films I might of not seen to recommend. Ive seen all the obvious one, Seven,Fight Club, Social Network etc

Haven't read them, but I don't read anywhere near as much as I should.

He hasn't done all that much, have you caught Zodiac? At first I didn't much care for it, then second time around I thought it was up there with Seven as a serial killer movie.

January 01, 2012, 09:14:22 PM
Reply #6

Sheedys left foot

Watched ' Super 8 ' again a couple of nights ago, AWSOME !!!!!!!!!!
CHUNK,I LOVE YOU CHUNK.

January 01, 2012, 09:15:55 PM
Reply #7

Bob Sacamano

Watched ' Super 8 ' again a couple of nights ago, AWSOME !!!!!!!!!!

Totally! Nice to have a summer blockbuster that wasn't a sequel, prequel or remake. Saw it in IMax and it was the tits.

January 01, 2012, 10:33:58 PM
Reply #8

Derek

Didn't love it myself.

Wasn't bad, though. Think IMAX may have been the way to go.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

January 01, 2012, 11:11:28 PM
Reply #9

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Going to watch Game of Shadows tonight on my nightshift.  If it's decent like the first one I will be happy.

January 02, 2012, 07:54:35 PM
Reply #10

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Right Game of Shadows.  Not as good as the first film although a great performance from Downey JR as Holmes and Jared Harris as Moriarty.  Too much action and not enough intrigue and puzzle solving but still enjoyed it. 

January 02, 2012, 08:42:55 PM
Reply #11

nomorechang

RIP
Right Game of Shadows.  Not as good as the first film although a great performance from Downey JR as Holmes and Jared Harris as Moriarty.  Too much action and not enough intrigue and puzzle solving but still enjoyed it. 

I enjoyed it , thought it was really good but it was blown out of the water by Sherlock on BBC last night , another Steven Moffat classic ,...saw the 1st series which I enjoyed but this was a massive improvement .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p00m5wm9/Sherlock_Series_2_A_Scandal_in_Belgravia/
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

January 02, 2012, 08:45:02 PM
Reply #12

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I enjoyed it , thought it was really good but it was blown out of the water by Sherlock on BBC last night , another Steven Moffat classic ,...saw the 1st series which I enjoyed but this was a massive improvement .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p00m5wm9/Sherlock_Series_2_A_Scandal_in_Belgravia/

Yeah this is truly excellent.  Really enjoyed what I saw until I went to work last night.

January 02, 2012, 08:49:01 PM
Reply #13

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
My piece is coming down soon,anything good on at the pictures?

January 02, 2012, 08:51:49 PM
Reply #14

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
My piece is coming down soon,anything good on at the pictures?

Hugo is supposed to be excellent.  Game of Shadows as mentioned is entertaining MI4 for some mindless stuff?