December 19, 2018, 12:55:17 AM

Author Topic: Everton V Bolton Wanderers  (Read 54718 times)

January 02, 2012, 01:54:49 AM
Read 54718 times

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
We've gotta look to be taking all 3 points in this one against one of the poorest teams so far this season. Assuming none of today's players who missed out through injury are back I'd say this will be the team.

Howard

Hibbert Jagielka Distin Baines

Donovan Rodwell Heitinga Osman
                  Cahill
                  Anichebe

Donovan should start given that hes only available for a short time and given how early Saha was taken off and Vics goal factor from today I can see him starting, and if he does then good luck to the lad. Thought Denis was great today when he came on, either him or Vic should be given a start ahead of Saha on current form
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 02, 2012, 02:27:09 AM
Reply #1

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Vic's just back, I wouldn't even start him if he'd had an injury free year, never mind now.

My thinking is that Moyes has got increasingly fed up with Saha, hence him being subbed off every game and he does seem to like Vic hence him given game time the first time he is back in the squad. Perhaps he will go with Donovan up top and someone else in midfield, but really think he should change the striking combo
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 02, 2012, 02:33:24 AM
Reply #2

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
If he was to start Anichebe I'd rather see Stracq than Cahill.

Wouldn't feel comfortable knowing Vic was the only natural 'striker' on the pitch.

I'm fairly certain that Vic and Straq would be a great partnership!Two loveable rogues!

January 05, 2012, 04:22:44 AM
Reply #3

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Wow that was bad.the conditions were awful but we persisted with terrible long balls.should have tried to get it on the deck and run at them. Some woeful performances tonight, the insistence on going backwards all the time was so frustrating.Bolton fully deserved their win for trying to keep it on the ground. All 11 starters plus the subs couldn't argue if not selected in the next game, with the possible exception of Distin and Baines. Truly awful

January 05, 2012, 04:30:31 AM
Reply #4

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Similar feeling of the Bolton defeat last season of total depression. Donovan,Gueye,Cahill were totally invisible,Saha lacked quality and Denis was knackered after half an hour.i now see why he doesn't start!Victor it's over to you

January 05, 2012, 04:28:09 PM
Reply #5

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
It was just one of those days,problem is we seem to be having quite a few of them!I can laugh a bit about it now as it was a totally freakish game but last night standing at bank hall at 10 to 11 still waiting for the train home, freezing cold knowing that I had to be up at half 5 wasn't fun!we'l go again and find our form, as soon as Saha scores I reckon he will go on a run of goals, Im gonna take a leaf out of optimistic blue's book and say that we're gonna be ok, 58 point this season, mark my words. Then next season wel finish 4th (don't mark those words)