October 18, 2019, 01:52:36 PM

Author Topic: The shite  (Read 12591 times)

January 07, 2012, 04:32:02 AM
Reply #30

ALEX1878

Being reported that the two suspects have been arrested after calling him a "fucking black bastard". In addition to this, the two where apparently wearing Suarez t-shirts. You really couldn't make it up.

January 07, 2012, 04:36:38 AM
Reply #31

Blue Phoenix

ITN News: confirmation of a 'racial incident' involving Tom Adeyemi at tonight's match. The player has confirmed that he wishes to make an official complaint regarding the incident.

January 07, 2012, 04:40:00 AM
Reply #32

Blue Phoenix

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-new-racism-row-Fan-arrested-on-suspicion-of-abusing-black-Oldham-player-Tom-Adeyemi-article849913.html

Liverpool have been thrust into another race hate row, after a fan was arrested on suspicion of racially abusing Oldham player Tom Adeyemi.

The incident occurred towards the end of the FA Cup tie, when a fan screamed abuse at the young full back, and visibly upset, he turned to confront the man.

Adeyemi was visibly upset, and seemed to be in tears. Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard moved across to the corner of the ground where the incident occurred, and comforted the 20 year old.

Eye witnesses saw two fans wearing Luis Suarez t-shirts, and heard one of them clearly shout "You f***ing black b***ard".

Police immediately moved in to restrain the two suspects, and later confirmed arrests had been made.

A senior Liverpool figure explained afterwards that stewards were immediately on the scene, and he said: "We will do everything in our power to investigate the matter and ensure the appropriate action is taken."

The incident could not have come at a worst time for the club, following the controversy that has raged over the Suarez affair, who was banned for eight matches for racist abuse of Manchester United's Patrice Evra.

The FA are now sure to investigate, and Liverpool could face sanctions for failing to control their supporters.

That's appalling.

January 07, 2012, 04:44:30 AM
Reply #33

Azz

A lot of people on Twitter saying it didn't happen, including a few BBC journo's who were near by, one even spoke to police about it.

January 07, 2012, 04:45:04 AM
Reply #34

Thornton_19

Literally couldn't be worse timed for Liverpool

January 07, 2012, 04:49:18 AM
Reply #35

Gash

Global Moderator
After seeing some of the shite that was on Collymore's twitter etc, I really wouldn't be surprised if this is true.

January 07, 2012, 04:49:31 AM
Reply #36

Mayor Farnum

Where do they get the idea from that it is ok to be racist?  Oh..hang on....
Something clever written by someone else.

January 07, 2012, 04:49:45 AM
Reply #37

Shogun

Administrator
A lot of people on Twitter saying it didn't happen, including a few BBC journo's who were near by, one even spoke to police about it.
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-new-racism-row-Fan-arrested-on-suspicion-of-abusing-black-Oldham-player-Tom-Adeyemi-article849913.html
Liverpool have been thrust into another race hate row, after a fan was arrested on suspicion of racially abusing Oldham player Tom Adeyemi.

The incident occurred towards the end of the FA Cup tie, when a fan screamed abuse at the young full-back.

Adeyemi, who turned to confront the man, was visibly upset, and seemed to be in tears.

Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard moved across to the corner of the ground where the incident occurred, and comforted the 20-year-old.

Eyewitnesses saw two fans wearing Luis Suarez t-shirts, and heard one of them clearly shout "You f***ing black b*****d."

Police immediately moved in to restrain the two suspects, and later confirmed arrests had been made.

A senior Liverpool figure explained afterwards that stewards were immediately on the scene, and he said: "We will do everything in our power to investigate the matter and ensure the appropriate action is taken."

The incident could not have come at a worst time for the club, following the controversy that has raged over the Suarez affair, who was banned for eight matches for racist abuse of Manchester United's Patrice Evra.

The FA are now sure to investigate, and Liverpool could face sanctions for failing to control their supporters.

Liverpool 5-1 Oldham: Reds through after earl

January 07, 2012, 04:51:24 AM
Reply #38

Thornton_19

Wishful thinking there. He was totally distraught with what was said, so it must of hurt him.

January 07, 2012, 04:52:20 AM
Reply #39

Fynci

This just gets messier and messier. I'm reserving judgement until Adeyemi says what happened, but I agree so much with an earlier comment. They way Liverpool handled the Suarez incident has brought this on them. The papers are circling.

January 07, 2012, 04:52:52 AM
Reply #40

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
After the reaction the lad had I don't believe for a second he was lying.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

January 07, 2012, 04:54:18 AM
Reply #41

Gash

Global Moderator
Where do they get the idea from that it is ok to be racist?  Oh..hang on....

That's role models for you.

January 07, 2012, 05:03:20 AM
Reply #42

Blue Phoenix

Exactly Gash. Liverpool have made a rod for their own.

Every statement they put out excusing Suarez' use of the word N**** simply gave any racist Liverpool fans carte blanche to do what they like. Because they played it down, made excuses, celebrated the use of the word "My missus calls me that/It's a term of endearment where I come from" etc.

You reap what you sow.

January 07, 2012, 05:08:45 AM
Reply #43

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Apparently the police have denied making any arrests.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

January 07, 2012, 05:09:52 AM
Reply #44

BigWoodenSpoon

This just gets messier and messier. I'm reserving judgement until Adeyemi says what happened, but I agree so much with an earlier comment. They way Liverpool handled the Suarez incident has brought this on them. The papers are circling.

Well said. I'm waiting too. I think there's too many people from both sides making claims and counter claims.