November 22, 2017, 11:47:52 AM

Author Topic: Tottenham Hotspur vs Everton fc  (Read 44017 times)

January 08, 2012, 09:44:14 AM
Reply #30

American Evertonian

Honestly don't see us scoring and I doubt Moyes does either. Hope to see

Howard
Nev Heitinga Distin Baines
Coleman Felli Donovan Drenthe
           Cahill
                   Saha

0-0 with us at least hitting the post twice.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

January 08, 2012, 11:55:48 AM
Reply #31

Jamokachi

You want to see Cahill and Saha start another game together?

Am I missing something?

January 08, 2012, 02:27:06 PM
Reply #32

gdog1981

Can only hope a goal with help both Cahill and Saha, once they get one they get a few.  Can't believe they have suddenly turned into bad players in a space of a few months. 

January 08, 2012, 02:41:55 PM
Reply #33

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
If ever there was a time that we need a really rousing performance to lift spirits it's now, Bolton was a real low and I'm not sure I've ever seen a more disheartened Goodison. A win would do wonders for morale
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 08, 2012, 02:48:14 PM
Reply #34

Jamokachi

Back to 451 please Moyes, with Donovan as the attacking midfielder and Anichebe up top on his own. Saha and Cahill getting splinters.

Howard

Neville----Heitinga----Distin----Baines

Coleman----Fellaini----Bily----Drenthe

Donovan

Anichebe

I don't really want Bily in the middle but I think injuries will force it, plus I imagine Coleman will be touch and go after limping off yesterday,

January 08, 2012, 03:53:33 PM
Reply #35

Derek

Again, we'll be limited by injuries. I hope we end up putting on one of our battling away performances (Arsenal a few seasons ago, Chelsea last year) but it really seems like we've given up the ghost.

I'm not expecting much from the game, and I'm no doom merchant.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

January 08, 2012, 03:57:29 PM
Reply #36

Jamokachi

and I'm no doom merchant.

But...... You're Scottish....

:eh:

January 08, 2012, 04:34:28 PM
Reply #37

Derek

Aye, but generally not that dour!
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

January 08, 2012, 06:06:06 PM
Reply #38

Stumpy

I realy hope Coleman is fit to play to double up on Bale like last year when we kept him quiet in both games.If Hibbert/Neville are left to thier own devices againsed him the outcome could be catastrophic.And a message for Moyes if Neville doesn't play rb leave him on the bench(some hope).As someone else posted the weakest part of the Spurs team is the defence and we have to have a go at them,they were hanging on at Swansea and led a charmed life when Fulham woke up in the 2nd half and attacked them.Hope i'm wrong but i  can't see anything other than a routine win for Spurs 2-0.

January 08, 2012, 06:15:09 PM
Reply #39

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
I realy hope Coleman is fit to play to double up on Bale like last year when we kept him quiet in both games.If Hibbert/Neville are left to thier own devices againsed him the outcome could be catastrophic.And a message for Moyes if Neville doesn't play rb leave him on the bench(some hope).As someone else posted the weakest part of the Spurs team is the defence and we have to have a go at them,they were hanging on at Swansea and led a charmed life when Fulham woke up in the 2nd half and attacked them.Hope i'm wrong but i  can't see anything other than a routine win for Spurs 2-0.

Hibbo is injured I think mate. would be hard to imagine anyone else coming in at right back other than Neville as I doubt Coleman will be fit either.  Only other option would be to put Heitinga there and bring in Duffy at centre back, which would seem like a bit of a risk. Do think we need to have a go at them though, Roy is our best hope if doing this, though I think a big game atmosphere could bring the best out of Landon Donovan too.
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 08, 2012, 06:25:40 PM
Reply #40

Stumpy

Forgot Hibbo was injured,so it has to be Neville,as you say stealth,probably to risky to stick Duffy in againsed Adebayor and Van Der Vaart.

January 08, 2012, 06:45:56 PM
Reply #41

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Back to 451 please Moyes, with Donovan as the attacking midfielder and Anichebe up top on his own. Saha and Cahill getting splinters.

Howard

Neville----Heitinga----Distin----Baines

Coleman----Fellaini----Bily----Drenthe

Donovan

Anichebe

I don't really want Bily in the middle but I think injuries will force it, plus I imagine Coleman will be touch and go after limping off yesterday,
  with the players available I like the look of that side - 1-1 Donovan to score

January 08, 2012, 07:09:18 PM
Reply #42

kunal32

January 08, 2012, 07:56:47 PM
Reply #43

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

January 08, 2012, 08:14:24 PM
Reply #44

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Agree with Jamo's team apart from Billy CM why play someone out of position against Spurs.