November 23, 2017, 03:21:30 PM

Author Topic: Tottenham Hotspur vs Everton fc  (Read 44056 times)

January 09, 2012, 04:12:55 AM
Reply #60

Always a Toffeeman

And the fact that I expect him to dribble through Spurs twice to score it doesn't strike you as sarcasm?

yeh kinda thought i had just misread it, but stranger things have happened, would it be too cheeky to ask for him to do it 3 times?
 #formerly efc for life

January 09, 2012, 05:15:58 AM
Reply #61

BrotherEstapol

Was going to say that we'd have the surprise addition of Pienaar to the squad as a loan signing, but then I remembered that we won't be getting anyone until the last day of the transfer window!

2-2

VanDerVaart(2)
Donovan, Fellani

January 09, 2012, 08:04:41 AM
Reply #62

SKay3

see u there.

whats parking like around the ground?
every time ive been before ive gone on the train and had to do that annoying mile walk to the tube station.
mate checked the train times,  we would have to leave work early to get the train to london and leave the game early to catch the last train back.
gets to me driving to london but theres no other way for a night midweek game, as im never doing happy als coach again.

I'm going down on the couch with the Nethy blues, it leaves at 1 but I'm a free loading student so I can get away with it.

January 09, 2012, 08:33:19 AM
Reply #63

Jamokachi

Agree with Jamo's team apart from Billy CM why play someone out of position against Spurs.

Because I can't think of anyone else to put in there?

January 09, 2012, 08:36:29 AM
Reply #64

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Was going to say that we'd have the surprise addition of Pienaar to the squad as a loan signing, but then I remembered that we won't be getting anyone until the last day of the transfer window!

2-2

VanDerVaart(2)
Donovan, Fellani

Even if we did, he couldn't play against his parent club..
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

January 09, 2012, 09:05:33 AM
Reply #65

Sprooly

So much of this game relies on Felliani, if its world class felliani then we have a real chance, but if its clumsy un-coordinated felli then we are no chance, its going to be really tough for him vs parker and modric though

January 09, 2012, 09:14:53 AM
Reply #66

Thornton_19

So much of this game relies on Felliani, if its world class felliani then we have a real chance, but if its clumsy un-coordinated felli then we are no chance, its going to be really tough for him vs parker and modric though

Im more worried about the lack of pace in our side, and how overwhelming the pace of their side is going to be! Yet im sticking with 1-0. Moyes does well against Spurs. Hopefully he'll come up trumps again.

January 09, 2012, 10:02:15 AM
Reply #67

nomorechang

RIP
Howard

Neville
Heitinga
Distin
Baines

Drenthe
Felli
Cahill
Barkley

Donovan
Anichebe
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

January 09, 2012, 05:42:35 PM
Reply #68

School of Science

Howard

Neville
Heitinga
Distin
Baines

Drenthe
Felli
Cahill
Barkley

Donovan
Anichebe

Thats close to what id pick

Howard
Neville
Heitinga
Distan
Baines
Donavon
Fellaini
Barkley
Drenthe
Cahill
Saha
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

January 09, 2012, 07:11:30 PM
Reply #69

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Donovan will be right mid 100% because he is the only wide player we can rely on to protect the full back. Drenthe switches off so no way we can play him right wing and Gueye doesnt have the fitness. I think it will be;

Howard

Hibbert     Heitinga    Distin     Baines

Donovan  Fellaini     Neville   Drenthe

Cahill       Saha

If Hibbo doesnt make it then it will have to be Neville to right back and Bily in the middle. I could also see it being Bily left wing if Drenthe isnt deemed fit enough.

I dont want Cahill and Saha but for me we have to go with the most experienced players. Cahill while playing poorly will drop back into midfield, pick up runners and help keep the team more organised than Gueye or Victor for instance. And one thing is for sure we cant start Denis or Vellios as the main forward in this game as they wont get a sniff. At least with Saha there is always the chance he gets a bit of space for a shot outside the box or might physically be able to handle their centre backs.

Definitely a case of keep it as tight as possible and see if we can knick one.

This.

January 09, 2012, 07:35:26 PM
Reply #70

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Go with Rhys side, I fear the worst tho

Simply simply lovely

January 09, 2012, 10:49:28 PM
Reply #71

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Because I can't think of anyone else to put in there?

Would rather have Cahill there.

January 09, 2012, 11:54:14 PM
Reply #72

Straq attack

Part (most) of me fears the worst - but it would be just like us to go and get something at Spurs after that woeful Bolton game and uninspiring Tamworth game.

No idea who will play though - half expect to see Duffy and Baxter trot out given the injury situation.  Drenthe is obviously a must though if fit

January 10, 2012, 01:37:21 AM
Reply #73

Fern

I might not even watch/listen to this. Last few years I've gone down to spurs as we had a good away record there. Nowadays I feel sick thinking about it.

Exactly the same. My bros are Spurs season ticket holders so, it makes me sick when they do better. Why do you feel that way exactly? I'm not just pointing out the obvious that they're better atm and an opposition, but is it more because they're that good and were similar to us not that long ago? Also, their fans are very very arrogant. 

January 10, 2012, 01:40:39 AM
Reply #74

Fern

I think they'll smash us 5-1 like they did 4 or 5 years ago. Sickening.