November 21, 2017, 09:54:23 PM

Author Topic: everton v blackburn  (Read 35543 times)

January 18, 2012, 04:01:31 AM
Reply #45

Always a Toffeeman

think distin might be back, just think they might rush him back, but if donovan is on form i think saha might get a goal believe it or not!
 #formerly efc for life

January 18, 2012, 04:17:53 AM
Reply #46

goodtouchforabigman

At the risk of sounding like Michael Fish the forecast for Saturday is 29mph winds with gusts of 55mph, courtesy of the met office.

That has just turned a horrible game against a horrible team into something that might actually be quite entertaining. Unfortunately it's also turned it into a bit of a lottery.

We might actually see someone kick the ball over the roof of the Main Stand.

Does anyone know whether a league game had ever been cancelled due to it being just to windy to play footy. I'm not talking because of safety reasons, just because you can't kick the ball out of your own 18 yard box.

January 18, 2012, 12:31:41 PM
Reply #47

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
At the risk of sounding like Michael Fish the forecast for Saturday is 29mph winds with gusts of 55mph, courtesy of the met office.

That has just turned a horrible game against a horrible team into something that might actually be quite entertaining. Unfortunately it's also turned it into a bit of a lottery.

We might actually see someone kick the ball over the roof of the Main Stand.

Does anyone know whether a league game had ever been cancelled due to it being just to windy to play footy. I'm not talking because of safety reasons, just because you can't kick the ball out of your own 18 yard box.

Really hope the wind isn't like at the Bolton game. And if it is I hope we don't insist on playing long ball again, didn't turn out well for us in that one!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 18, 2012, 01:50:37 PM
Reply #48

Straq attack

Really hope the wind isn't like at the Bolton game. And if it is I hope we don't insist on playing long ball again, didn't turn out well for us in that one!

Wonder what odds I'd get for Tim Howard first goal

January 18, 2012, 02:00:37 PM
Reply #49

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Wonder what odds I'd get for Tim Howard first goal

Get that bet on!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 18, 2012, 05:06:52 PM
Reply #50

drummerblueboy

Would go with...

Howard
Neville(hibbert if fit) duffy johnny baines
Drenthe Felly Gibson Donovan
Vic Vellios/Saha

Would love to see Vellios start over Saha but i just cannot see it.

2-1 Everton COYB!

January 18, 2012, 06:41:59 PM
Reply #51

nomorechang

RIP
Blackburn have scored 11 more goals than us this season so they know where the net is , however their top goalscorer will be missing , thankfully , We should have a bit too much for them without Yak , 2-0 for us , Donovan and Bainesy scorers
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

January 18, 2012, 07:00:14 PM
Reply #52

MmmBlueRamirez

This has nil-nil written all over it.....unless....Samba can complete his transfer to spurs in time and Junior Toilet is still injured.....
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

January 18, 2012, 07:17:30 PM
Reply #53

GrantyBoy78

This has nil-nil written all over it.....unless....Samba can complete his transfer to spurs in time and Junior Toilet is still injured.....

The Blackburn games I've seen this season have averaged about 5 goals a game, doubt it'll be boring.

January 18, 2012, 09:19:35 PM
Reply #54

BergyBluenose

Drenthe and Donovan can't play as wide players in a 4 man midfield.  Need to learn from Bolton at home.  I'd be happy with starting XI against Villa.  2-0 Saha (x2) !

January 19, 2012, 12:11:57 AM
Reply #55

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Drenthe and Donovan can't play as wide players in a 4 man midfield.  Need to learn from Bolton at home.  I'd be happy with starting XI against Villa.  2-0 Saha (x2) !
you are not George - you are Louis  ;)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 12:13:42 AM by Polledreng »

January 19, 2012, 03:26:28 AM
Reply #56

josh_evertonian4ever

i see a saha goal

i dont see an everton win  :'(

1-1
@JoshShaw_EFC

January 19, 2012, 03:33:27 AM
Reply #57

Cozzie

Cahills goal drought has to end soon surely.

This will be a horrible scrappy shit heap of a game, 1-0 to either them or us, hopefully cahill scores and gets his first ever winner at GP

January 19, 2012, 04:57:28 AM
Reply #58

RICH

i want cahill to score for my daughter she will be made to see the flag man score in her first trip to goodison

January 19, 2012, 06:26:42 AM
Reply #59

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
i want cahill to score for my daughter she will be made to see the flag man score in her first trip to goodison

Awesome avatar Rich. Dexter is my favourite show at the moment.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...