November 24, 2017, 01:48:07 PM

Author Topic: Wigan Athletic v Everton  (Read 37215 times)

February 01, 2012, 03:40:14 PM
Reply #15

Bluenose 91

Would like to see Jelavic but no way can Straqcualarsi be dropped after last night.

Wigan 1-3 Everton
Moses       Cahill
                 Baines
                 Jelavic

February 01, 2012, 04:43:13 PM
Reply #16

Thom

Administrator
I'd probably start as we went out tonight. Bringing on Pienaar and Jelly in the 2nd.

Agreed. I can see Moyes sticking with the team that performed admirably for him last night, with both new boys making appearances from the bench.

It's possible that a couple of them won't be 100% after giving so much effort and energy against City and matches at Wigan tend to be scrappy affairs. Providing we start well and press like we did against City I can see us getting three points.

February 01, 2012, 04:49:34 PM
Reply #17

marky v

Isn't Distin back in full training? if he's ready i would rather he started at CB

February 01, 2012, 05:05:47 PM
Reply #18

Alanvideo

If we play our new brand of attacking football and with about 5.000 Blues in the crowd we should give Wiggin a good tonking. Is this too optomistic for this site ?  :snigger: :snigger:
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 01, 2012, 05:55:14 PM
Reply #19

}-m-a-c-c-a-{

I'd drop Neville and Drenthe, won't be surprised if Straq is dropped because he done some running last night, he must still be huffing and puffing!

Not to sure if Jelavic would be put straight in, but I'd love Pienaar back in with Baines.

Just typing about Bainaar gives me movement, gonna have a good end of season.
“There is something magical about this club that captures you the minute you step into Goodison – and it doesn’t let you go.”

February 01, 2012, 06:10:37 PM
Reply #20

Ross

I can't see many changes, if any really.

The interesting one is Duffy and Hibbert. I think it was the right thing to do against city but playing a right back in the centre whilst having a fit centre back (and promising talent) sat on the bench doesn't seem right. The only other likely change is Drenthe out for Pienaar. But Moyes is usually reluctant to change a team after performances like last night. Wigans going to be a another scrappy game and that team last night provided it can scrap!
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 01, 2012, 06:48:32 PM
Reply #21

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Agreed. I can see Moyes sticking with the team that performed admirably for him last night, with both new boys making appearances from the bench.

It's possible that a couple of them won't be 100% after giving so much effort and energy against City and matches at Wigan tend to be scrappy affairs. Providing we start well and press like we did against City I can see us getting three points.

This

Simply simply lovely

February 01, 2012, 07:10:07 PM
Reply #22

Trowel

Just typing about Bainaar gives me movement, gonna have a good end of season.

I don't understand why we call them Bainaar - what's wrong with Pienes?
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

February 01, 2012, 08:33:43 PM
Reply #23

CraigS1878

Would like to see Drenthe given a free role.

Howard

Neville   Duffy   Heitinga   Baines

Gibson   Fellaini

Donovan      Drenthe     Peinaar

Straq

February 01, 2012, 09:23:28 PM
Reply #24

The Golden Vision

When we last had Bainaar our options down the right were shit. Usually hibbo/osman or neville/anichebe etc

Now with Coleman/Drenthe/Donovan down the right aswell iam buzzing. The ability to strech teams is there and our 2 laziest players have gone. If only we had a quality striker aswell..........Oh wait we do!

When am i going to wake up nurse? *pinches self*

February 01, 2012, 10:08:13 PM
Reply #25

Outworlder47

Hibbert was immense yesterday and should probably fall into right back, with either Duffy or Distin (if fit) coming in. Other than that, I don't think you can change the team from what beat City. Pienaar's had basically the equivalent of 4 full matches of time on the pitch this season, so I would hold him out as a substitute for a bit until we're sure he's got his legs fully under him (much like Gibson, although injuries have forced him to be thrown in from the start).

Start with Howard, Hibbert, Heitinga, Duffy/Distin, Baines, Donovan, Fellaini, Gibson, Drenthe, Cahill, Stracqualursi.
Subs: Mucha, Neville, Duffy, Pienaar, Gueye/Anichebe, Vellios, Jelavic

February 01, 2012, 10:12:48 PM
Reply #26

American Evertonian

When we last had Bainaar our options down the right were shit. Usually hibbo/osman or neville/anichebe etc

Now with Coleman/Drenthe/Donovan down the right aswell iam buzzing. The ability to strech teams is there and our 2 laziest players have gone. If only we had a quality striker aswell..........Oh wait we do!

When am i going to wake up nurse? *pinches self*

You forget that they will probably switch back and forth intermittently too. This means we will get to see a bit of Donovan/Baines partnership too. Teams won't be able to just force it to one side the whole game.

Oh ya: 2 - 0 to the Blues
Cahill and our now Croatian
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

February 02, 2012, 12:10:06 AM
Reply #27

sharpattack

Would like to see Drenthe given a free role.

Howard

Neville   Duffy   Heitinga   Baines

Gibson   Fellaini

Donovan      Drenthe     Peinaar

Straq
Now that is a good team
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

February 02, 2012, 01:04:55 AM
Reply #28

DJ1994

With us being buzzing after that, the only change I would expect is at the back. With either Hibbert or Neville dropping out as the defence was only used in this way as the Manchester City is arguably the most feared in the premier league. hopefully Distin will have another week rest as Wigans strike force isn't exactly world class however may cause problems, I would still prefer Duffy have another game under his belt. We will be high on confidence and away to the bottom of the league and our away form has been more impressive this term than our home and we have not experienced our annual 'thrashing' and hopefully we will have it here. Donovan is overdue a goal and Strac should grab one if not 2 aswell as Jelavic making a quick impact with scoring off bench

hoping for a 0-4 scoreline and i don't think its too farfetched
Class of Merseyside

February 02, 2012, 02:43:20 AM
Reply #29

Geordie Blue

With us being buzzing after that, the only change I would expect is at the back. With either Hibbert or Neville dropping out as the defence was only used in this way as the Manchester City is arguably the most feared in the premier league. hopefully Distin will have another week rest as Wigans strike force isn't exactly world class however may cause problems, I would still prefer Duffy have another game under his belt. We will be high on confidence and away to the bottom of the league and our away form has been more impressive this term than our home and we have not experienced our annual 'thrashing' and hopefully we will have it here. Donovan is overdue a goal and Strac should grab one if not 2 aswell as Jelavic making a quick impact with scoring off bench

hoping for a 0-4 scoreline and i don't think its too farfetched

That sounds like a game I want to see  :woohoo:
"I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the kop. They never liked me doing that." Dixie Dean