October 19, 2019, 07:48:29 PM

Author Topic: WIGAN ATHLETIC  (Read 13450 times)

March 23, 2013, 11:20:18 PM
Reply #45

Gash

Global Moderator
Never heard it at other grounds. Just think it's stupid, same as when people in street end tell everyone to sit down.

It doesn't wind me up I just think it's stupid.

I think GMP threatened to reduce Old Trafford's capacity a few years ago if they didn't sort the problem with standing.

So although it embarrasses you there's a little more to it than the club just being stupid.

March 23, 2013, 11:34:19 PM
Reply #46

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
People in the street end tell people to sit down because they can't see.

March 24, 2013, 02:52:39 AM
Reply #47

maccanacca

NSNO Subscriber
Was this even a letter from Everton?

sent from work on the sly
Stand up, if you love the Blues!

March 24, 2013, 03:24:37 AM
Reply #48

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
People in the street end tell people to sit down because they can't see.

Hmmmm but don't sit in that stand then because surely fans know that the LG stands throughout the game
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

March 24, 2013, 03:29:26 AM
Reply #49

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Hmmmm but don't sit in that stand then because surely fans know that the LG stands throughout the game

It's an all seater stadium, so people should expect to be able to sit anywhere. I'm all for standing areas but while there isn't any, people should just sit down when they're told to. That's all there is to it really.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

March 24, 2013, 04:03:44 AM
Reply #50

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
It's an all seater stadium, so people should expect to be able to sit anywhere. I'm all for standing areas but while there isn't any, people should just sit down when they're told to. That's all there is to it really.

Fair enough

Vamos lá Everton!

March 24, 2013, 05:01:07 AM
Reply #51

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Fair enough

Sorry if it came across more aggressive than I meant it to be :)

I prefer standing myself but standing in Goodison doesn't really work, the rows are too narrow, it's all too easy to fall over the chair in front of you and because of the weird viewing angles, one person standing up can block the sight of a dozen others. (Although maybe not so much in the LG)
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

March 24, 2013, 01:46:32 PM
Reply #52

Toddacelli

Used to love standing with my dad in LG. When we scored I was just surfed forward on a wave of love, triumph, relief and happiness by thousands of ecstatic people all feeling the same thing.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

March 24, 2013, 02:13:37 PM
Reply #53

Gash

Global Moderator

No they don't.

March 24, 2013, 11:01:09 PM
Reply #54

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
No they don't.

well if they went to the match, they would know that probably the last 20 rows most people stand.

Vamos lá Everton!

March 24, 2013, 11:02:46 PM
Reply #55

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Sorry if it came across more aggressive than I meant it to be :)

I prefer standing myself but standing in Goodison doesn't really work, the rows are too narrow, it's all too easy to fall over the chair in front of you and because of the weird viewing angles, one person standing up can block the sight of a dozen others. (Although maybe not so much in the LG)

no i didnt think you came accross aggresive, just thought what you said was sound and i only ever sit in LG and i stand for the whole game, so i guess it would be different for the other stands if just one guy wouldnt sit down.

Vamos lá Everton!

March 25, 2013, 02:43:06 PM
Reply #56

Bally

Administrator
I stay sitting most of the time as I don't think it's fair of me to ruin the enjoyment for 50 of the people  behind me, I stand if I go in the Gwladys and in a certain area of the ground which I will probably be in for Stoke
It's the roll I way

March 25, 2013, 03:37:16 PM
Reply #57

74Blue

When you purchase a ticket for any ground, it is subject to the club's terms and conditions of entry. You are entering into a contract whereby you agree to adhere to the rules set out by the club. Whilst inside the stadium, if you are found to be persistently standing, smoking or doing anything else that is against the rules, you run the risk of being ejected from the stadium as per the terms of the contract that you have entered into with the club. If you are seen to throw objects onto the pitch, attempt to enter the stadium whilst clearly intoxicated or are seen consuming alcohol in the stands, you run the risk of being arrested, as these are criminal offences. Racist or homophobic chanting are similar and most clubs operate a zero tolerance policy.
You can ask for a copy of the ground regulations when you purchase your ticket and clubs must also display them at the stadium, so there is no real excuse for ignorance or doubt.
There are certain parts of pretty much every ground where it is generally accepted that people will probably stand up. Lower Gwladys is one of these areas and it's pretty unlucky if you are ejected from there. The club are, however, perfectly within their rights to do so, especially if as the letter would imply, previous warning(s) have been issued. The general messages over the PA system count as a warning too btw.

March 25, 2013, 03:37:40 PM
Reply #58

74Blue

Oops double post
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 03:39:38 PM by 74Blue »

March 25, 2013, 10:03:23 PM
Reply #59

Shogun

Administrator
3 Wembley tickets per season ticket holder.